Yeltzin Cup 2010 - 06-11 Ekaterinburg

• Yes fortunatly we 'll play the WGP with all the top player :super:

I personally think the only reason Rondon is called by the national team is she's kind of a tall setter, like Lena Mollers and Ana tiemi Takagui. as far as I know, she is about 1,87cm. but as you already said, she's obviously not enough yet. I prefer Francesca Ferretti as usual,and she should get back as soon as possible :cheesy:

• Absolutely agree with the post above. I hate it that some setters are called just because they are tall. In Germany at least two setters are much better than Lena Möllers, but Guidetti prefers her because she is tall, and it seems to be the same with Rondon in Italy :thumbdown:

• Absolutely agree with the post above. I hate it that some setters are called just because they are tall. In Germany at least two setters are much better than Lena Möllers, but Guidetti prefers her because she is tall, and it seems to be the same with Rondon in Italy :thumbdown:

Mareen Apitz and Denise Hanke? :thumbup:
    They're way better than Möllers. Hanke was really good as a server as well.
    also Apitz is also tall (1,84cm). hopefully Guidetti calls her to the national team soon. She hasn't been called since 2007. also Italy needs to call Francesca Ferretti in stead of Rondon. she was the main setter of the italian champion team. I think that explains how great she is (although I don't think results show everything) :sleeping:

• Yup, and in her club Lena Möllers plays together with Nadja Jenzewski (setter of our NT in 2005), and even there Möllers is not the main setter, both play about the same amount of time and I prefer Jenzewski too. I just don't like tall setters, many of them are so slow and move not well, Rondon's moves do not look like a volleyball player at all currently. So slow, so bad coordination :thumbdown:

• I don't like tall setters either.
    Great setters are usually diligence and they always move extremely fast. It doesn't matter how tall they are at all. (Let me just make an instance. Fofao,Lo bianco,Takeshita...they are all not even close to being tall, despite that they always show "how to become a good setter". I just don't get why all the coaches prefer unstable tall setters, like Möllers and Rondon these days at all.
    I mean, tall setters could be more effective when they block the ball(for instance, Weiß only gets substituted with Möllers when Möllers has to block at the net, but that's all. no any strengths exist.

• I think Startseva still has room for improvement but yeah she is definitely much better than the Akulova sisters or Sheshenina and I hope she will be on starting 6 in World Championship.

I am also shocked by the positive reception attitude of Kosheleva and Fateeva. I expected much worse from them in terms of reception but Chinese are the ones who are currently having a great deal of trouble in that area.

I hope we will watch a nice 3rd set.

• Yes I think their reception has improved. Not perfect but just enough for the setter to give a good set to the attackers.

And finally Kuzyutin changed Borodakova. She is a big liability in attacks. I wonder why she has not gained her form in 2006.

• Congratulations, Russia! :D
    If Kosheleva keeps playing like today, or even gets improved more, she'll really be the best spiker in russia. also, I'd say Startseva played really well too. Russia should keep going with Startseva (Don't call sheshenina or akulova back). one more thing I expect is When sokolova and kabeshova back to the team, and take a big part of receptions, it's going to be even more great. (Fateeva is going to be out when Sokolova backs)

I like Russian team this way,

S - Startseva
    WS - Gamova and Kosheleva
    OPP - Sokolova
    MB - Merkulova and Borodakova(or perepelkhina)
    LI - Kabeshova (she's way better than Kryuchkova)
    :whistle:

• yeah russia champion!! :cup: :cup:

they served very well, i think it was the key point for the victory..with solid block it was hard for the chinese to pass through russian block after the firts set...kosheleva and gamova were great in attacking, perepelkhina a block machine
    i think that even bogacheva is better than borodakova..
    i have heard that ulyakhina (russian setter that did not take part in the previous tournaments) is better than starseva..do you know her?
    for me, russian team for wch should be:

starseva-uraleva(ulyakhina or zhadan)
    gamova-goncharova
    kosheleva-sokolova-fateeva- ?
    perepelkhina-merkulova-murstazaeva-bogacheva
    kryuchkova-kabeshova
    the last spot would be among these players: naumova, malofeeva, mahkno,

• is it possible to let perepelkina and goncharova play at the same time? :what:

• is it possible to let perepelkina and goncharova play at the same time? :what:

yes! they played together in montreux and in yeltsin cup in some matches