Transfer news and rumors season 2010/2011

• Croatia out of World Championship!

Well if Croatia will be out, who will be play? I looked for groups of last eliminations and The Best Team from 3rd Places is ... Azerbaijan :!: In 2002 when Korea out from Group in Men World Championships Poland get Ticket :) Fight Azerbaijan for Wild Card Fight :!:

• I think If the starting six will be like this, the team may have receiving problems..I don't say Neriman is a great receiver but I think she is better than Quaranta and Fateeva at receiving.. :wavy: Maybe Popovic and Neriman will be OHs and Fateeva will be OPP..

I disagree: Quaranta is one of the best receivers in Italy.

Vasileva, who played more than Lehtonen, didn't receive or received very very less!! Perugia played 80% of matches with only 2 receivers without problems. Quaranta is also great digger.

So, I don't think Oszoy could be better than Quaranta in reception...

• Well, than you should probable know that her agent is also new sport director of Perugia and I think that he will not allowed that his player participate in soap bubble. Specially because there is no announcement that Krivets is in Perugia. I will consider that this web page is putting rumors also on like news, not just confirmed transfers.

• Well if Croatia will be out, who will be play? I looked for groups of last eliminations and The Best Team from 3rd Places is ... Azerbaijan :!: In 2002 when Korea out from Group in Men World Championships Poland get Ticket :) Fight Azerbaijan for Wild Card Fight :!:

Wow,it would really super. But it is not justice,especially against Croatian players. I don`t think that they will not be able to pay that money. I think it will be solved soon,I like Croatian team.

• I'm not against Croatia.
    But if They can't participate some Teams from Europe should fight for Wild Card. I want see then Azerbaijan or Bulgaria. Or maybe qualif. matches AZE-BUL.

• I'm not against Croatia.
    But if They can't participate some Teams from Europe should fight for Wild Card. I want see then Azerbaijan or Bulgaria. Or maybe qualif. matches AZE-BUL.

I want to see Croatia NT in WCH..They have a great players..Osmokrovic,Poljak,Usic,Popovic,Barun, etc :super: ...I hope they will play in WCH :rose: ..But if Croatia doesn't participate this tournament, Azerbaijan may go :win: ..Because their position in the World Ranking is higher than the other European teams which didn't able to participate this tournament. :wavy:

• 23.07.2010 from http://www.cev.lu
    Rabita BAKU signs flurry of international stars to be a major force for next CEV Champions League

Baku, Azerbaijan, July 23, 2010. Last year’s Azerbaijani champion and CEV Cup bronze medalist Rabita BAKU is set to play the CEV Champions League for the first time in history. The team has got very high ambitions for the most prestigious club competition worldwide. Rabita is not going to be satisfied just with participating in the Champions League, what is proved by the massive and relevant transfers that have been finalized this summer by the club. Although they already had quite a strong team last season, the Azerbaijani officials decided to renew the roster to reach out for even higher goals.
    Rabita BAKU kept in its roster three Serbian players, namely captain and outside-hitter Bojana Doganjic, opposite Sanja Starovic and libero Silvija Popovic plus Ukrainian middle-blocker Lidiya Dyachenko and renewed the contracts signed with the players who had joined the team for the final round of the Azerbaijani Super league, i.e. Serbian central Mira Golubovic and Latvian universal player Olga Tocko.
    Then Rabita started drawing other strong players from different countries. So, setters Irina Zhukova from Ukraine and Bulgarian Diana Nenova, plus a 2006 World champion from Russia, outside-hitter Natalya Kulikova, and Croatian middle-blocker Mirela Delic did all join the Azerbaijani team.
    But it was just the beginning and Rabita was going on to surprise all Volleyball fans with a real hammer. The President of Rabita, Mr. Jalil Jafarov, caused the biggest sensation of the season making international star Natalya Mammadova come back to her motherland. It was the best present by this team to all Azeri Volleyball lovers. Natalya Mammadova said that she was very happy to come back to her country and play for the honor of an Azerbaijani Volleyball club again.
    Just a few days later Rabita announced some more great news. Serbian star and middle-blocker Natasa Krsmanovic and Olympic finalist, one of the leaders of the USA national team, i.e. outside-hitter Kimberly Glass, also joined the team.
    The last transfer of Rabita was famous Serbian coach Dejan Brdjovic who has quite impressive results in his CV especially in such strong competitions like the CEV Champions League. With this transfer Rabita BAKU finished the completion of its roster for the new season promising hard and interesting matches to all Volleyball supporters living in Azerbaijan.
    According to the results of the DOL staged this past June in Vienna, the opponents of Rabita BAKU in the Champions League are: Scavolini PESARO (ITA), Aluprof BIELSKO-BIALA (POL) and Dinamo Romprest BUCHAREST (ROU).
    Rabita will start the preparations for the new season in August, in different cities of Azerbaijan, playing friendly matches with some national teams and participating in several international tournaments in autumn.

Picture: Azerbaijan’s national star Natalya Mammadova is back to her home country after having played last year for Russia’s Dinamo KRASNODAR

For more information about Volleyball in Azerbaijan visit also http://www.azerivolley.com

• Makes more sense, cause I was not understanding why they would put Gasimova as second setter.....

• Sweety,probably Gasimova will not be able to play this season,she will join after forst half of the season,she has been opearted in Turkey,she was playin with this injury three years that`s why she has to recover from that fully,then she will play!

• Sweety,probably Gasimova will not be able to play this season,she will join after forst half of the season,she has been opearted in Turkey,she was playin with this injury three years that`s why she has to recover from that fully,then she will play!

Ah I see....thanks for the info....that is sad...I hope she has a fast recover...

then indeed Azerrail needs a good setter....so makes perfect sense they try to get Weiss :) hehe

• New roster of Trefl Sopot(POL)

No, Name, Country, height/y.o./ former club
    1. Magdalena Śliwa POL 174/41 MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza

2. Katarzyna Konieczna POL 184/25 PTPS Piła

3. Dorota Świeniewicz POL 180/38 Aluprof Bielsko-Biała

4. Izabela Bełcik POL 185/30 Muszynianka

5. Kinga Maculewicz FRA/POL 188/32 Vakifbank Stambuł

6. Eleonora Dziękiewicz POL 185/32 Aluprof Bielsko-Biała

7. Amaranta Navarro Fernandez ESP 188/27 Pavia

8. Simona Rinieri ITA188/33 Vini Monteschiavo Jesi

9. Laura Tomsia POL188/18 Energa Gedania/SMS Sosnowiec

11. Izabela Śliwa POL169/20 Trefl Sopot

12. Neriman Ozsoy TUR187/22 Eczaczibasi Stambuł

13. Paulina Maj POL166/23 PTPS Piła

14. Ewelina Sieczka POL 182/22 MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza

15. Natalia Nuszel POL 180/21 Trefl Sopot

18. Meryem Boz TUR 194/22 Iller Bankasi Ankara

• Oh! You get Amaranta Fernandez, great MB! :win:

How many foreigns could play at the same time in Plusliga? Will Kinga play as polish?

To be honest I don't know how many foreigners can play in Polish clubs, I thought that 3, but I could find it in regulations. If there is limitation Kinga will play as Polish.

• OMFG that rooster is amazing :dance6: dunno bout Neriman there was info se sign with Perugia, but i think it's from official Trefl Sopot site so it cannnot be wrong

i think with team like that they are desired Polish champion this season.

Kinga Maculewicz will probably be treatet as polish player.

and there can be 3 foreign on the court together.

i think the starting 6 will look like this
    Rinieri-Swieniewicz/Neriman
    Belick-Konieczna
    Fernandez Maculewicz
    Maj

great team :drink:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.