Montreux 2010

• I think Duskryadchenko never played for Ukraine NT so it is not a problem. For example, in Germany Olessya Kulakova (naturalized KAZ NT player) and Angelina Grün (born in Tajikistan) played together too...
    Nice to see Ekaterina Bogacheva there, she made a very good impression in Zarechie.

• No release yet for the US of the official line up, but mostly the team will be made up of the players from its Team B. However, they aren't pushovers.. :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Do you know already witch will be the roster of Holland? I cant wait to see Dijkema in action!!! ^^

Yes,sweetie :(, just got an email from Nevobo with the answer of your question. The names for Holland for Montreux are:

Nicole Koolhaas

Francien Huurman

Alice Blom

Janneke van Tienen

Manon Flier

Laura Dijkema

Maret Grothues

Robin de Kruijf

Femke Stoltenborg

Myrthe Schoot

Anne Buijs

Caroline Wensink

Debby Stam

Quinta Steenbergen

Have fun!

• No release yet for the US of the official line up, but mostly the team will be made up of the players from its Team B. However, they aren't pushovers.. :box:

You can start to consider many of these USA players the "A" team. Together with Tom, and probably Bown and Berg. I don't think you will be seeing much more of Scott, Haneef, Metcalf, Ah Mow-Santos... Maybe each of them on occasion, but the Montreux roster represents the beginning of a new team for USA.

• You can start to consider many of these USA players the "A" team. Together with Tom, and probably Bown and Berg. I don't think you will be seeing much more of Scott, Haneef, Metcalf, Ah Mow-Santos... Maybe each of them on occasion, but the Montreux roster represents the beginning of a new team for USA.

I know..i know. I think that you are very right in saying that we will have a new Team USA...who will be left with the team from that Beijing line up might be 7 players only: Tom, Berg, Bown, Glass, Davis, Nnamani and Joines...All but except Bown are born after 80's. Add up some new talents and I think they'll be fine. USA might miss the veteran leadership and mental toughness of, say, Scott-Arruda, Haneef, Sykora and Ahmow-Santos but this is a new Olympic cycle I suppose we need to reload with new talents on the team.

I've said these before and will say it again, we have some talented players who will be ready to don the USA jersey, what they lack (and I think at the same time was USA's major asset before) is experience. And with this Montreux tournament I think they can get that much-needed experience.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

http://www.volleymasters.ch/team.php?year=2010&country=USA Here is Team for Montreux.

• Team Poland :

Setters:
    Milena Sadurek
    Joanna Wołosz

Middle Blockers:
    Maja Tokarska
    Zuzanna Efimienko
    Berenika Okuniewska

Receivers:
    Ewelina Sieczka
    Karolina Kosek
    Patrycja Polak
    Klaudia Kaczorowska
    Kinga Kasprzak

Opposites:
    Joanna Kaczor
    Katarzyna Zaroślińska

Libero:
    Paulina Maj
    Krystyna Strasz

• too bad Konieczna is injured her strong spikes could help this young team. i think we will get seriously smashed in MOtreuxe but i don't care at least those young players will have a chance to shine xD

i think Zaroslinska Wolosz Polak Okuniewska and Kosek has the biggest chance to break into final rooster for WGP

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• The USA final roster for the tournament:

1 - Ogonna Nnamani (OH, 6-1, Bloomington, Ill., Stanford)
    2 - Kristin Richards (OH, 6-1, Orem, Utah, Stanford)
    3 - Christa Harmotto (MB, 6-2, Aliquippa, Pa., Penn State)
    4 - Angie Pressey (OH, 5-8, Lake Mary, Fla., California-Berkeley)
    5 - Tamari Miyashiro (L, 5-7, Kaneohe, Hawaii, Washington)
    6 - Nicole Davis (L, 5-4, Stockton, Calif., Southern California)
    7 - Jill Collymore (OPP/OH, 5-10, Seattle, Wash., Washington)
    8 - Cynthia Barboza (OH, 6-0, Long Beach, Calif., Stanford)
    9 - Jennifer Tamas (MB, 6-4, Milpitas, Calif., Pacific)
    13 - Alexis Crimes (MB, 6-3, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Long Beach State)
    14 - Nicole Fawcett (OPP, 6-4, Zanesfield, Ohio, Penn State)
    15 - Courtney Thompson (S, 5-8, Kent, Wash., Washington)
    17 - Mary (Nellie) Spicer (S, 5-9, Barrington, Ill., UCLA)
    18 - Megan Hodge (OH, 6-3, Durham, N.C., Penn State)

http://usavolleyball.org/news/2010/06/05..../36381?ngb_id=2

“We will split into two rosters for Montreux and the Pan American Cup,” McCutcheon said. “Obviously, our goal every time we step on the court is to win and play our best. These two tournaments will provide strong back-to-back events in which we can evaluate a large population of our athletes.”

We'll see see how much court time each player gets, especially OHs.

• According to a newspaper article from Wiesbaden, Corina Ssuschke, Anke Borowikow and Anja Brandt will be Germany's middles in Montreux. Unfortunately they didn't write the complete roster, the article was mainly about Borowikow.

• Germany 14 players

Setter: Lena Möllers, Kathleen Weiß
    Opposite: Saskia Hippe, Margareta Kozuch
    Outside Hitter: Sarah Petrausch, Patricia Grohmann, Heike Beier, Anne Matthes, Maren Brinker, Nadja Schaus
    Middle Blocker: Corina Sschuschke, Anke Borowikow, Anja Brandt
    Libero: Lenka Dürr

Berit Kauffeldt is missing due to a finger injury and Denise Hanke due to final exams at school.

• Matthias, who is better: Hippe or Kozuch; Weiss or Möllers?
    Thanks.

• It's hard to answer this question. Kozuch has more experience and currently should be better than Hippe, but Hippe is 5 years younger and a great talent so it might be different soon. Same about the setters, right now Kathleen Weiss is better, but Lena Möllers is very tall and also surely talented (though I personally prefer Denise Hanke...)

• Hi all, anybody know where we can find translation match on TV and internet? Thanks