Montreux 2010

• I definitely agree that Apitz is better than Möllers :thumbsup: (I don't like too tall setters in general, they just don't look elegant like usual setters). As far as I know Apitz is also invited for NT training so I hope she'll play other tournaments this summer.

Thanks Matthias!!!!!:) It is great to hear!!!I also really hope to see her in other tournaments!!!:)

• 1: TOKARSKA, Maja

2: SIECZKA, Ewelina

3: KOSEK, Karolina

4: KONIECZNA, Katarzyna

5: HALADYN, Marta

6: POLAK, Patrycja

7: OKUNIEWSKA, Berenika

8: ZAROSLINSKA, Katarzyna

9: GIERAK, Ilana

10: KACZOROWSKA Klaudia

11: STRASZ, Krystyna

12: SADUREK Milena

13: MAJ Paulina

14: WOJCIESKA, Sylwia

15: EFIMIENKO Zuzanna

16: WOLOSZ, Joanna

17: KACZOR, Joanna

18: WOJTOWICZ, Gabriela

this is rooster of Poland for Montreux. as you can see lots of new names and young player and i think it's very good decision to let them play agaibnst the strongest teams in the world and see what they are capable to do :) and it's good that Sadurek and Kaczor will be there too .bit of experience is always good for young players :)

i would pay close attention to Polak Konieczna Wolosz Kosek and Zaroslinska :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Very young and unexperienced team. We will see, what the can show in Montreux :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Katarzyna Zaroslinska will be in few years Polish star :)
    (her behaviour is exactly what I like in volleyball - fighting spirit - the same I observed earlier of Baranska, Swieniewicz and Glinka)

• TEAM USA's PRELIMINARY ROSTER

1: NNAMANI Ogonna
    2: RICHARDS, Kristin
    3: HARMOTTO Christa
    4: PRESSEY Angela
    5: MIYASHIRO Tamari
    6: DAVIS Nicole
    7: COLLYMORE Jill
    8: BARBOZA Cynthia
    9: JOINES-TAMAS Jennifer
    10: GLASS Kimberly
    11: MCGINNIS Angela
    12: HOOKER Destinee
    13: CRIMES Alexis
    14: FAWCETT Nicole
    15: THOMPSON Courtney
    16: AKINRADEWO Foluke
    17: SPICER Mary
    18: HODGE Megan

Just wanna say this, Hodge and Hooker are perhaps the most talented OHs after Logan Tom in the NCAA. Both are very athletic. Thing is, their defense is decent. Hodge is 6'3 while Hooker is 6'4.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• OMG!! Wheri is Jordan Larson? :white:

I think she is the best OH after Logan Tom from USA team...

• OMG!! Wheri is Jordan Larson? :white:

I think she is the best OH after Logan Tom from USA team...

From what I heard, Larson is taking a rest after the volleyball season in Russia.

Anyway, Pan American Cup will also be staged a week after Montreux so probably we will see Larson there.

Its yet to be seen whether she is the best OH after Tom. There are other players I can think of like Hodge, Hooker, Glass, Collymore, Richards but for sure Larson is one of the.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Basing from the USA roster, I'm guessing this would be the first 6:

OH1 - Hodge
    OH2 - Richards (for receiving purposes)
    Opp - Hooker
    MB1 - Joines-Tamas
    MB2 - Akinradewo
    L - Miyashiro/Davis
    S - Mcginnis

I'd love to see both Hodge and Hooker at the OH but passing will be a problem. Glass' passing is also a problem so I don't know how this will turn out. Fawcett is also a very good opposite so maybe either Hooker or her can play at the opposite. MBs of this team are also good but Joines-Tamas' experience will definitely count. Akinradewo, meanwhile, is a very good attacking MB. For the setting position, I have a feeling Thompson will start over Mcginnis but I've always loved Mcginnis smooth setting. She is America's Feng Kun, IMHO.

• Russia is going to play Montreux without Gamova, Sokolova and Merkulova.

Setters:
    Eugenia Startsev (Avtodor-Metar )
    Irina Uraleva (Proton)
    Vera Maria Ulyakina (Dinamo Kazan)

Middles:
    Maria Borisenko (Dinamo Kazan)
    Regina Moroz (Dínamo Kazan)
    Elena Murtazayeva (Dinamo Krasnodar)
    Catherine Bogacheva (Zarechie-Odintsovo)
    Maria Duskryadchenko (Dinamo Moscow)

Spikers::
    Natalia Goncharova (Dinamo Moscow)
    Tatiana Kosheleva (Dinamo Kazan)
    Ludmila Malofeyeva (Omichka)
    Olga Sazhin (Dinamo-Yantar)
    Olga Fateeva (Perugia)
    Ksenia Naumova (Zarechie-Odintsovo)

Libero:
    Svetlana Kryuchkova (Zarechie Odintsovo)
    Ekaterina Kabeshova (Dinamo Kazan)

source: sport-express.ru

• nice to see that murstazaeva is back.... makarova is out, i wonder if goncharova and duskryadchenko can play together for russia...both are naturalized ?(