World Grand Prix 2011

• my mvp for today is fe garay. great offense coming from her. the americans tried to disable her by serving her repeatedly but she had responded! sheilla is not playing at her best but still playing well, fabiana and thaisa were guarded but they managed to break through the american blocks, natalia is not on top form but she had responded by smart play over power and she had succeeded! overall, both on defense and offense, the brazilians were magnificent... :thumbsup:

• I think Garay is a better player (over-all) than Jacqueline, Paula and Mari. She's a very good player, she makes Brazil even more dangerous.

But what a fantastic match! Clearly 2 of the best teams in the world.. It was like a men's game, serving was tough, plays were superfast and defense was spectacular.

I wouldn't be surprised to see USA vs Brazil again in the finals of the World Grand Prix.

Time to take on Serbia :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• really impressive stuff from Brazil. Natalia was brutal in this match, unstoppable, i like when this team wins cus it's so funny when they jump on the camera man and say hi to everybody in the world :D Fabi is the funniest of them all-she's the smallest but she's always in front of the camera pushing her teammates back :lol:
    anyways i think in USA Hooker was a bit of a let down today, many soft attacks not a good choices in attack overall really avarage match by her, Tom tried to make up for her but it wasn't enough, i think Berg could use her MB more especially Bown and her slide attack.

i'm so happy Japan won they were playing well in the first 2 matches but it was just not enough for Brazil and USA but today it seems they played really good match today , judging by the stats they were very dominant in attack and they had more blocks which is rare event against european teams.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I didnt understand why McCutcheon didnt try to make some changes....his subs were pretty much just replacements, but nothing that actually change the way USA team was playing....well, maybe he was thinking already in a possible replay of this match in final, so better not to give much to brasilians to study....

Brasil team is doing well...Garay has a lot of personality, sad she was never given the chance before (she could already have 2, 3 years of NT experience!!! If Zé wasnt so closed group!)..but for me is really clear that when the oponent team can actually serve well, Brasil game become really vulnerable, cause they loose the middle balls. With ball in hand, Dani is making a great work! Very cleaver using the OH as much as she could when Berg was in the net.

Bad game for Hooker today....

But I must say, even if US team lost, watching Logan in defense is always a pleasure!!!!She is just amazing!

• Yes, Tom redeemed herself after that horrible match against Italy. Akinradewo had a good game also. I think it was Hooker who didn't had such a great day.

In the brazilian side, I'm not surprised at all with the excellence of Garay's game. I always thought she'd be great in the NT. She's a complete OH. Once she gets the rhythm going, I think she'll be very well also at blocking, which is one of her finest fundamentals. I was surprised that Natália could score so much today. Judging from yesterday and a few days ago, when she played against Kazhakstan, it didn't seem she was quite there yet. But I think now she's at least good enough to be a starter til the end of the tournament.

One thing that helped, also, it's that Zé Roberto changed positions with Natália and Sheila. When they were both at the net, he'd put Natália at the right, as if she was opposite, and Sheila at the left, as if she was OH. I think that helped to confuse the american block and also helped Natália, cause she's more used to playing as opposite, since that's how she played for a lot of seasons at Sollys/Osasco.

But it was a good, interesting game. I think I, also, wouldn't mind seeing those two teams playing the final... unless Serbia's got other plans.

• usa are power hitters so berg should stop low awkward sets.hooker immaturity is showing in her game and how she could affect her teammates

• thailand is really spectacular..im rooting for them coz they're the closest asians and friend to us..

we have a prof league here and players we hire are thais because theyre also good

• i remember the time out a while ago where fernanda garay munching a banana..is her powerspike comes from bananas??? :cheesy: :cheesy: :rolll:

• thailand is fighting admirably but poland is using their height advantage to its fullest. still, go thailand!!! my heart goes for ya!

• big congratulations to serbia.. :drink:

• Thailand Serbia is the best game so far that ive watched!!congratz to the Thai girls for your great showing!!! :white: :rose: :dance6:

• chen liyi + hui ruoqi is a perfect combo that won several tournaments..why is chen liyi not playing instead of wang yi mei?? i remember spirindinov of russia when i watch chen liyi.. :whistle: