World Grand Prix 2011

• At last the forum is working!!! :thumbup:
    Just finished watching RUS-NED match.
    Well, what can I say.....
    Both teams played bad. 34 and 35 percentage in attack for both teams... Both teams played bad in defense. Russia played much better in that element in Montreux and on Yeltsin Cup as well. Don't know what's up with Netherlands, they are not as tall as Russians and could have played better in defense.
    It's a pity but Kusyutkin was right, Russia is not in good shape. :(
    Gamova is quite good at pipes but suffers a lot in position 4, can't produce much points hitting from the left.
    Sokolova is not in shape at all, 11 attacks out of 46!!! C'mon...
    Startseva made some tactical mistakes and was playing better during summer but still she's better than previous setters, she doesn't fear to play with middles, which is nice to watch. Duskyadchenko was terrific!!! Really awesome game for her, dunno why she didn't play against Bulgaria.
    2 receiving players is not the variant for Russian team. I think Kuzyutkin should train both Kosheleva and Goncharova receiving. Chaine Staelens with her 194 cm can receive well, why can't Kosheleva and Goncharova do that? I totally disagree with Russian coach with this 2 receiving players system.
    Russia have really easy serves and it allows for the opponent to play with middles a lot.
    Overall, Russia is playing average and if they continue like this, I think Japan, Serbia and especially China and Poland will have nice chances against Russia on WC. But I do hope that now is just a period of preparation for WCH and Russian girls will have their big-timer by the end of October, however it will be very difficult.
    P.S. It a pity to watch that level of volleyball, showing by the best European teams, comparing to what I've seen on WGP final six....

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Stats from day 1 & day 2 WGP qualifications:
    NED - RUS: http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0
    GER - TUR: http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0
    ITA - BUL: http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0
    NED- GER: http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0
    RUS - BUL: http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0
    TUR - ITA: http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0

btw: Christiane Fürst is combing back after injury :woohoo: she played against Turkey
    also Kabeshova recovered :)
    unfortunately Dutch NT isn't in good shape :mad: they need better setter
    after these matches I think that Russia, Germany and Italy will advance to WGP 2011

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Super matches!I enjoyed a lot!
    I want to congratulate all the German fans! Their team plays amazing! Nobody excepted such a wonderful start from them,because of weak performance in the WGP2010. Even with an half power,without Furst they could win.
    Furst is very important player for the German team. She showed that playing against Turkey. I think Germany has big problems on the wings but their fight spirit lets them do everything they want! They never stop smiling,even if they are being defeated.
    Russia-I don`t think they are in their best shape.I wait more from Russian girls.Sokolova plays very bad,she is slow and not effective on attacks. Merkulova and Duskryadchenko are in the best shape. Gamova as always,but I also did not like Kosheleva`s shape in last two matches. Startseva is a good setter with a big Future.
    The Netherlands played great against Russia,especially Grothues. I like this type of players.
    Bulgaria also plays nice,I like this team a lot,and when someone says that they don`t see them in favorites,I really don`t understand. Zetova is an live legend,Yaneva,Filipovas are high level players. Vasileva and Nenova very talanted young players. I really like this team.
    Italy-no need to say anything about this team. They are the best!!!
    Turkey-they have big problems in every component of the game. Blocking and receiving are the weakest points of this team.Attacking-only Neslihan scores and the others just watch. Neither Seda,Gozde nor Neriman Gozde are great attackers. That`s why Nesli stays alone above the court. But I think the biggest problem is with setting. Naz plays awfully day after day. She can not play setting quickly,but even with Neslihan she has big problems. I think the only setter who can play good for Turkey is Elif Agca. At least,they can play nice with Neslihan. Seda-is not the one who played incredible 2 seasons ago,in Fenerbahce Acibadem. I liked just Gulden and Neslihan,and no one more.

• fantastic, Germany :win: If they at least win against Bulgaria, they probably will qualitify, Yay :cheesy: also, I'm so happy to see Sokolova back.

P.S what the heck happend to this site? :S

• fantastic, Germany :win: If they at least win against Bulgaria, they probably will qualitify,

2 Teams qualify from this tournament so I think it will be Italy and Russia.

• Well, that's the question...all press releases so far talk about two teams, but nobody says how the 5th European team for WGP 2011 will be determined. I hope it will be 3 and Germany can take 3rd place, WGP 2011 is very important for getting world ranking points to qualify for OG 2012.

• I think If only 2 teams qualify, this tournament seems a bit useless, and it also means the other teams(Netherlands,Turkey and Bulgaria) already failed :s
    I'm still hoping that It's gonna be Italy,Russia and Germany.

• Guys maybe I know why this is happening, cause the fact is FIVB still needs to make the final approval for the WGP 2011 be with 16 teams and not 12. I mean, they already decided that, but I think Still going to have a final meeting with higher members of the federation. So that saying the qualifying tournament can only garantee so far two places in WGP 2011, cause as long dont have the final aproval, WGP 2011 will have 12 teams, and for that 4 from Europe. I think as soon they oficially stabelish 2011 WGP with 16 teams, the CEV federation will open the fifth place for the third place in qualification tournament.

this was the best theory I could reach looking all coments and reading the reports over WGP. And I thik it makes sence.