The 2011 CEV Champions League

• Yes, Neslihan MVP, but also very good blocking by MB today..Congrats to Eczacibasi :super:

Cannes... :S ...last year they were much stronger !!!

I was surprised wiht this result, I thought it would be much closer than that. Cannes normally have very good team play, which is why they win a lot - there are no individual stars. But Eczacibasi showed better team work. The stability of Del Core, the attacking of Neslihan ( the serving of both Del Core and Neslihan gave them so many free points), and the aggression of Mirka and blocking by the middles. Great work, a good match by them. Again, I think their coach is certainly one of the best at the moment - a very good volleyball brain!

• Great job by Turkish teams: Yesterday they were really great!!!
    Cannes was just NOTHING!
    Both of the Turkish teams deserve to play Final Four. But I want that to be Vakifbank- I sympathize this team so much!!!

• Bielsko Biala 1-3 VGSTT (18-25, 25-22, 18-25, 21-25) !!!! Congratulations to VGSTT :flower: :flower: :flower:

One set as an alibi and everybody's happy in BKS... :pinch:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• It is sad that Frackowiak, who kept Bielsko's play in group round, now is practically invisible. Would be great to see Podolec finally.

• I think Eczacibasi's win is not just about Cannes' inability to play or their lack of form this season but more about Eczacibasi's solid game, intense teamwork and great team spirit.

i agree with you. Actually i didn't need to say something about Eczacıbaşı's amazing game even all of Turkish teams especially for this year. Turkish teams will eliminate each other this year just because of Cev's idiotic application. It is clearly seen that the current system is how to reach to the tragic point this year. Not also this year, Italian teams had proved this bullshit many times when they matched each other before f4 for years. i think commission must think over this rule to change something and to provide justice.

Congratulations for Eczacibasi ;) But I think the next game won't be so easy, Cannes will fight more.

cev site is poor in playoff phase ! they don't show the stats :(

I don't think so. There is no way for the current roster of Cannes to compete with Eczacıbaşı. I will not be surprised if Eczacıbaşı takes the second game easier than the first game.

• I didn't watch Cannes-Eczaci match. How did Asuman (setter) play?

• stats from Biala - VGSTT http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…=p_prj_game_summary&key=0
    Maja 5 blocks ! :super:

The stats look very good :D Each player has more than 10 points except Bahar (but she spiked only 5 times and played with %80 and 3 blocks).. The distribution of scores within the team very well.. Gözde's attack excellent is %70. :cheesy: Poljak's %62, Glinka's %50 :drink:
    (Gizem played with pains in this match and the game in the league against Eczacıbaşı Vitra.She has kidney stones :S I hope she will be treated as soon as possible..)

• Bahar very well, I'm glad she improved her service after last match agains Eczacibasi.
    Nikolic in stats not so good but visually... she played well :D

(Gizem played with pains in this match and the game in the league against Eczacıbaşı Vitra.She has kidney stones :S I hope she will be treated as soon as possible..)

really? I didn't know :( I'm sorry for her and wish her quick recovery.

• Vakifbank-Bielsko Biala :super: :dance6:
    I was in this match and Vakifbank's girls are great :)
    Glinka 21 pkt and 50%! :super:She's brilliant! :D

I didn't know that Gizem has kidney stones :(I keep my fingers crossed for Gizem and I hope she quickly recovers.

• I know, but she plays great even if she's 33 ;) I think she'll play in club for some years ;)

• You are wrong :D She isn't 33 yo yet..She is still 32 years old..She was born in September.. :lol: :lol: And as you can see Mirka is 36 years old but she still plays like in 25 age :D

that's right !! :D

Glinka is in very good shape this season !

• What do you think about tommorow CL match Prostejov - Rabita?
    I know that Prostejov is good team, but they have much luck (in match vs Cortese for example , where Villa had trouble with 1st setter), so Prostejov take that easy in 3-0... Rabita is much stronger for me than Prostejov, but i don't know about atmosphere in Prostejov arena... Any guesses about this match? :S

I know that Prostejov is good team, but they have much luck (in match vs Cortese for example , where Villa had trouble with 1st setter), so Prostejov take that easy in 3-0... Rabita is much stronger for me than Prostejov, but i don't know about atmosphere in Prostejov arena... Any guesses about this match? :S

Rabita is obviously a stronger team than Prostejov, especially in the offense with Glass, Mammadanova, Starovic. Prostejov isn´t bad though, and their play at homecourt have been pretty impressing. I think Rabita will win but maybe not so easy. The big question I think is if Rabita can play nearly as good away as they do at home. They played pretty weak in reception in a couple of away-matches in the group stage I remember.

To be honest, I don't know current Prostejov-squad at all...I did'nt see them this season so far..., but I think Baku will win, because they have a quite strong team this season..Starovic, Mammadova, Glass.

• Rabita is better :gone: , but it's <tipical home team>