Italy Serie A1 2010-2011

• Trento humiliated...as it was last year against Moscow and in V-day against cuneo.

Trento has not the ability to change things when they dont't go well. This is the only thing that miss to this team, if they want to be a GREAT team.

• I added bruno!!!!!!!

The record ace in one set was:Osmany juantorena with 6 aces in the 2nd set of the match Trento - Cuneo 3-0, then with 7 aces in the 3rd set of the match Modena - Trento 3-0 Angel Dennis made a new record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cup: :cup: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

...............but with 8 aces throughout the match, the record(9 aces!!) remains to Juantorena(Trento - Cuneo 3-0), Granvorka(Taranto - Roma 3-2), Ramon Gato(Verona - Padova 3-1), Anderson(Santa Croce - Cuneo 1-3),.......etc. :teach: :teach:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

Edited once, last by Dares23 ().

• Trento humiliated...as it was last year against Moscow and in V-day against cuneo.

Trento has not the ability to change things when they dont't go well. This is the only thing that miss to this team, if they want to be a GREAT team.

Trento IS a great team! The fact they lost in this way once doesn't mean they are not!

When a similar team is defeated in this way it's always easier to remember the bad performances, like the last finals with Cuneo... but if in these cases it's true they didn't change the match, doesn't mean they usually don't. With Kazan, for example, (or with Belchatow...), they weren't always over, but they won.

I think that usually the first strenght of Trento is that they are unstoppable and they rarely lost the concentration; even if they played with teams of very lower level they can play at the top.

• ...............but with 8 aces throughout the match, the record(9 aces!!) remains to Juantorena(Trento - Cuneo 3-0), Granvorka(Taranto - Roma 3-2), Ramon Gato(Verona - Padova 3-1), Anderson(Santa Croce - Cuneo 1-3),.......etc. :teach: :teach:

here the complete ranking of Serie A (number of aces in a match):

http://www.legavolley.it/Pillo…Tipo=TOPACE_MATCH&Anno=-1

also Kaiyziski is in the list (of course!), with 9 aces in Trento vs Vibo Valentia. this time he did a serve run similar to the one maden by Juantorena=)

ah, I also remember Peda serve run at the semifinal Cuneo-Treviso of Italian Cup 2010: he went to serve at 18-13 for Cuneo (Giuliani used him just for the serve) and Cuneo won 25-13=) : :win: he realized 5 aces and half, just the 19th point was a normal action, ended with Nikolov's block)

• Kaziyski made 4 aces in a row at the tiebreak of playoff match when the opponent was leading 14:11 and scored the attack for 14:11. Nobody has leveled that yet

Vlado Nikolov made 7 aces in one game recently in playoff game http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=20241

You can see on that list Valentin Bratoev, and in the 15 point era see the Lyubomir Ganev's entry? That's the hardest hitter in volleyball :)

• Andrea Sartoretti ---> former oh/opposite of Italian NT ---> like Dennis, he was left-handed and he had the same 'strange moving' very difficult serve :win:

Sartoretti claimed that it was that way because he didn't used to have enough space in his gym, so that is why his approach was curved. He still starts where the wall once stood he said. Perhaps same for Dennis.

• Dutch national team used to hate Ganev Ljubomir, cuz he would beat the whole team on his own on good days. Gortzen, Poltavski or Kaziyski might be harder hitters though.

• Dutch national team used to hate Ganev Ljubomir, cuz he would beat the whole team on his own on good days. Gortzen, Poltavski or Kaziyski might be harder hitters though.

I might not be objective, because I'm Dutch myself, but I honestly think Görtzen is the hardest hitter ever in Men's volleyball.. He had enormous power in his whole body..

I know a nice story about him: he was one time recovering from an injury in National Traning Centre of the Dutch Football Federation, in city of Zeist...he was there in the gym, in accompany of some members of National Football/Soccer team... he was strenhting his legs-muscles on a certain fitness-equipment.. he was so powerfull --> making the equipment hit on tilt :D:D The soccer-players couldn't believe their eyes :lol:

• May be Gortzen is the best, but I meant hardest hitter on serve. Ganev had phenomenal serving power :serve:

• btw, here some links of movies with a lot of aces=):

juantorena 9 aces in a match, 6 in a serve run [Trento-Cuneo, regoular season 2010-11]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…1&list=PL28441CA813FB522C

kaiyziski 9 aces in a match, 4 in a row (only these 4 are in the movie) when Trento was losing the tie-break 11-14 [Trento-Vibo Valentia, play off 2009]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…Y&feature=player_embedded

kaiyziski, when Trento was losing 1set-0 and 23-20 in the second set, went to serve and with 3 aces and half let Trento won 25-23 [Trento-Modena 3-1, regoular season 2009-10] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJvfgjIt26Q&feature=related

Dennis 8 aces in a match, 7 in a serve run (RECORD! :cup: ) with 5 in a row [Modena-Trento, play off 2011]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…s&feature=player_embedded

• Sartoretti claimed that it was that way because he didn't used to have enough space in his gym, so that is why his approach was curved. He still starts where the wall once stood he said. Perhaps same for Dennis.

This is a very interesting explanation, never thought the reason would be like this.

• This is a very interesting explanation, never thought the reason would be like this.

I have been wondering about it for a long time! intersting!

I read that also Juantorenahad problem with the dimension of the gym, that's the reason he uses a shorter .. I don't know the name in english... step-sequence before the jump?

• We must train our boys in shorter gyms :lol:

• Where can I watch Cuneo - Macherata?

• BRE BANCA LANNUTTI CUNEO 2-3 LUBE BANCA MARCHE MACERATA

(25-23;23-25;22-25;25-20;14-16)

Incredible match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

MVP of the game:Christian Savani with 20 pts :super: :super: :super:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

Edited 2 times, last by Dares23 ().

• let me say.... OH.MY.GOD!!!!

Macerata deserved to win, was more lucid, more focused, and the way they won the tie-break... just unbeliveble!! (and I cheers Cuneo, so...). Difficult to say who didn't play well in Macerata... amazing Savani, Omrcen and Conte... :obey:

Cuneo also when won the sets wasn't brilliant as usually, expecially with Wijsman and Mastro. Henno, Nikolov and also Patriarca played very well, Volkov did great things and stupid errors. not a big difference with the last match...

I actually recognized the real Cuneo at the beginning of tie break and in few other moments... I think that if they fight with Macerata in this way even playing not at the top, if Wijsman and Mastro will come back they can win again. But at the moment Macerata seems to be stronger.

ah, also this match both the teams defended very well, but again Macerata gave something more. :teach: