Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Let me tell you a story about Turkey

Since 2 years, women murdered is increased highest ranking than ever.
    The uneducated ignorant husbands killing his wifes and names it "honour kill" that they showed many sutpid facts for this
    and also bullshit tradition is east part of the country and men thinks that they better than the women

There were done a lot of campaigns since after dead of "Ayşe Paşalı" to make new laws to save women, then its done but murders still going however some policemen do not saving the women then they want to peace women with her husbands

This achive is more than just going to london, Women goes to olympic before the men as team sport that
    women showed all man kind in our country that "we can better than you" in every thing including sports
    however, spending money for men 10 times more than women in country as sports

That why this is our best day that women won against the men one more time in Turkey

I congratulate Sultans one more time :flower: :flower: :flower:

• congrats to turkey :D i am very happy for watching my team in olympics.
    i share the opinions about line referees wrong decisions we even saw today that many errors made my turkish line referees but thanks to head referee he corrected them.
    i believe we played great in tournamant and we fully deserved to go to olympics and NAZ :D i think she is the best blocker of the tournament :D :super:

• Great to read about the campaign to protect the women :flower: :flower: :flower:

• even bigger congrats now :drink:

• In 2000, Germany won at home (in Bremen).

Thank you! Matthias what is Angelina's progress for future now? As far as i know she have joined to team for OG year so she will keep play other years too? I hope she can play for German team untill Germany adapts someone next to Brinker,at least hope we can see her in club teams for some more years.I wanna see her in Eczacibasi next season so badly :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Thank you! Matthias what is Angelina's progress for future now? As far as i know she have joined to team for OG year so she will keep play other years too? I hope she can play for German team untill Germany adapts someone next to Brinker,at least hope we can see her in club teams for some more years.I wanna see her in Eczacibasi next season so badly :D

Grun received a new contract deal from Moscow couple of weeks ago, but I dont know if she has answered yet, dont think so. I guess she will play next year at least.

• Finally our girls make their debuts in Olympic Games! This means really a lot for Turkey! Those girls' name will be written on history with golden letters :heart: And it's too early to talk about Olympic Games ^^

• I said earlier - congratulations to Turkey - now I would like to congratulate additionally to all Turkish women !
    (BTW - I'll visit Turkey once again for a vacation and now will think also about equal status !)

• Thank you for correction about 2008 they were in final but seems they lost that match that's why i confused but they qualified from world tournament to Beijing right?I remember Poland very clear at Beijing.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Thank you for correction about 2008 they were in final but seems they lost that match that's why i confused but they qualified from world tournament to Beijing right?I remember Poland very clear at Beijing.

Yes, they qualified from world tournament.
    But in Beijing, they only won one match: against Venezuela...

• Congrats to Turkey. I'm quite disappointed at the moment. No Germany, No Netherlands No Poland in the Olympics... ;(

Poland, Serbia, Japan and Kazakhstan qualified from the last tournament.
    Italy, Brazil and USA qualified from World Cup, Russia from Europe, Cuba from NORCECA, Venezuela from South America and Algeria from Africa.

We'll likely see a very similar line-up at these Olympics too, with one spot less for South America, Turkey instead of Poland and Thailand/Korea instead of Kazakhstan.

The biggest difference and negative surprise is that there will be no Cuba. It's really sad how much they've fallen, they have such a huge legacy.

• Russia will be headed back to Moscow now in some days, then will arrive in Japan 11-12th may to prepare for the WQT-tournament a week before it starts to get used to the new timezone,climate, remove jetlag etc.

• Congratulations Sultans!! I love you.Im so happy. :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :rose: :rose: :rose:
    you have always missed OG at the last moment but now you have achieved it.After 50 years you are the firts to go to OG in team-sport.And good luck for OG.
    also thanks for the other teams for making us have watched great matches in this tournement.

• Congrats to Turkey and their fans! Playing at home turned out to be the 7th man for them on the floor. It was a great atmosphere for volleyball. The Turks proved to be mentally stronger then their opponents even if they were outmatched physically. It's an important moment for a program to participate in the Olympics for the first time and I am glad that this group will be able to get to experience that. The Turkish League has had substantial investment to develop world class players and it has paid off. They've done well in Euro competitions but now we'll have to see how they perform in world competitions with the Grand Prix and Olympics!

Real disappointing from Poland. They really had an opportunity in front of them and they had a real chance to take that first set but made careless errors. Once again Turkey exposed a service reception pattern and how important it is not to have a weak link in reception. Unfortunate that they didn't make the match closer.

• Poland, Serbia, Japan and Kazakhstan qualified from the last tournament.
    Italy, Brazil and USA qualified from World Cup, Russia from Europe, Cuba from NORCECA, Venezuela from South America and Algeria from Africa.

We'll likely see a very similar line-up at these Olympics too, with one spot less for South America, Turkey instead of Poland and Thailand/Korea instead of Kazakhstan.

I disagree, we'll have huge difference ! Host nation - China was/is strong team / Great Britain is ...