Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• You miss the point, look at for example, Turkey'case. IF we wouldn't win European Qualification we wouldn't get any other chance. We got only one chance, only one! And in that case a strong team such Turkey would be out of OG! :thumbdown:

Another case is Brasil, fortunately they didn't manage to qualify to OG via World Cup as they do in past and there won't be any weak south american team for this OG. But in the previous OG, there was Venezuela, which you cannot compare with even 9-12 ranked team of Europe :whistle:

Although Korea and Thailand seems like doing good job against European teams in this tournament, it doesnt mean they are better at all. You can agree with me after checking result of World Cup and World Championships :roll: Most of Asian teams are almost all beaten by straight sets (As Mathias already mentioned before, Grand Prix result really doesnt matter since teams don't play with their real rosters 8) ) Serbia is playing without their 3 main hitter. What about Thailand without Onuma, Wilavan and Malika? Or Korea would be Taipei level if they loose Kim 8)

About World Ranking, it is not more than bullshit! :cursing: Weak asian and american teams get a slot for Grand Prix each year, and get some points since teams like Nederland, Turkey get ant points. And also they have same continental points for each continent which is also bullshit X( (For example in football they have different points for each continent according to their success in World Cup, which totally makes sense 8) ) And what is worse is that these weak teams which get a chance to play in OG will receive more points for next OG qualification :whistle:

From my point of view, Olimpic Games must be represented by best countries of that sport. I can understand that one guaranteed place for Africa or any other continents for sake of olimpic spirit, but nothing more! The rest spots must be given to most deserved countries, which have best teams. I still don't believe that Korea and Thailand can beat Poland, Nederland, Germany and Serbia with normal rosters. On the other hand the former two would most probably play in OG whereas the stronger European teams which I counted won't play. And It makes me sick! :cursing:

P.S: I am trying to right from an objective point of view, not it is because I am European. Or else I would prefer for my team to see weaker opponents in OG :roll:

• Thanks making things more clear :drink:

• Id like to say that Im not against Asian or anything I just wished things were equal to everybody...I think would be more fair, and only then we would be able to amke any comparisson..

I think It is to simplist to judge only by rank, or by some results in tournaments that ALWAYS happen in Asian.

I wonder If Asian teams had to play all the time in American or Europe how would be...If they were the ones having to make long trips being totally away from their culture and so on. Maybe they would be ok and would be the same, but maybe not...and that is my point...

I know something totally fair is impossible, but didnt have to be the way is today...honestly....so that is my thing...

nothing against Asian or anything, It is jsut that everything happens in asian, If It was the contrary, If Europe or America had more advantages and so on...then I'd be upset the same way!

I just think It is not a fair qualification....It is not fair in oportunities to everyone, and not fair also in the preparation itself, as one have more break time then others. The qualification is easier for ones then to others... I think Olympic Game is a too important event to let that happen, I mean It is every athlete dream, no matter where they were born, so I think everyone should have the same chance to make their dreams come true...That is my opinion. ;)

• There was no Thai setter in Turkey.The only players from Thailand whom played in Turkey (Eregli Belediyesi) were Thinkaow(MB).Apinyapong(OPP) and Kanthong (OH).

and somebody knows where disappaered the second Thai setter Narumon Khanan?

• I have been to this site for quite some time (but this is the first time I registered :-( ). Reading different POVs is a bliss :-)
    On the topic, I can say that it is "somewhat" unfair indeed with the European teams (I am from the Phil). What I failed to understand are the different qualifying games. Why not accept any country who wish to compete. After all, not all of the countries can send a team to the Olympics (including my country :-( ). Cost will hinder such event to happen :-)
    If there are numerous teams that will participate, they could reduce the number of sets to 3 to make it fast. They are going to do something with Rugby, why not in Volleyball.
    just my two cents. ^^

• KABAYAN, OUR GOVERNMENT SUCKS :lol:

• and somebody knows where disappaered the second Thai setter Narumon Khanan?

It was written earlier: post 3261 - she played in Turkey and retired from Thai NT

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• That's what I want to say!
    some teams had only one chance fight for only one ticket to OG
    And Asia teams now have one chance but fight for 4 tickets
    if Poland, the Netherlands are in Asia, they'll got a better chance!
    think about this case: if Japan, Korea, Thailand be the TOP3, then Chinese Taipei could go to OG :whistling:
    I'm Taiwanese, I'm glad to see this case :)
    But to be honest, our girls are not in that high level
    so what if let WOQT&EOQT together? ;)

• :cheesy: Can you say, Poland, Netherlands, Germany, moved to Asia, he will have a chance :dance6: :dance6:

• konnahuk
    i didn't say Germany because they already have another chance in world cup :)

I still remember the sceen i saw in 2008 Beijing OG
    Sheilla serves almost 10 time in a row when Brazil against Kazakhstan
    this happened in OG :white:

• Sorry to say, in case that Japan, Korea, Thailand be the TOP3, taipei still can't go to OG, the qualification will give to Russia or Serbia, 2004 is an example. you can see how Italian go to the OG. FIVB will not let this happen. :read:
    Besides, you guys should remember the UK has taken a place of OG. the UK is not a European team?
    so, if the European teams are good enough, they should be the top3 of the world cup, it will be more easy for other European teams to fight for other qualification. Sadly.....
    Thanks to the Italian and Japanese(who gave the Italy the white card), there will be one more place for CEV this time.
    However, I still believe Germany and Poland should have a second chance.

• Sorry to say, in case that Japan, Korea, Thailand be the TOP3, taipei still can't go to OG, the qualification will give to Russia or Serbia, 2004 is an example. you can see how Italian go to the OG. FIVB will not let this happen. :read:
    Besides, you guys should remember the UK has taken a place of OG. the UK is not a European team?
    so, if the European teams are good enough, they should be the top3 of the world cup, it will be more easy for other European teams to fight for other qualification. Sadly.....
    Thanks to the Italian and Japanese(who gave the Italy the white card), there will be one more place for CEV this time.
    However, I still believe Germany and Poland should have a second chance.

Teams already qualified :
    host -- Great Britain
    world cup (host Japan 04-18.Nov.2011) -- Italy
    world cup (host Japan 04-18.Nov.2011) -- USA
    world cup (host Japan 04-18.Nov.2011) -- China
    continental tournament Africa (host Algeria 1-4.February.2012) -- Algeria
    continental tournament Europe (host Turkey 1-6.May.2012) -- Turkey
    continental tournament Norceca (host Mexico 27.April - 6.May.2012) -- Dominican Republic
    continental tournament South America (host Brazil 8-14.May.2012) -- Brazil
    continental tournament Asia (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) --
    world tournament (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) -- 1st place
    world tournament (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) -- 2nd place
    world tournament (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) -- 3rd place

:cheesy: For Example
    . Top 3 Japan Korea and Thailand

continental tournament Asia (host Japan 19-27.May.2012) :?: :?: :?: Taipei only :dance6: :dance6:

• İf European Qualification and World Qualification would played together instead of Asian one, I really doubt that even Japan would get any ticket from that tournament. But Now probably 3 Asian team would get ticket :tzz:

• IMHO I'm pretty sure that Japan would get a ticket. Wait and see what is the result after this tournament, btw I'm Thai not Japanese.

"Serbia plays without 3 main hitter." nobody's false, Serbia team is just unlucky that your players got injured at the same time.
    Yes if the Thai team played without 3 of our main players, we would have a tough roster but I would say that team is our full team and trying their best to win.
    Yesterday the Thai players served very well and that is the key why we won, many would say Brakočević wasn't in a good form but I would say because the Serbian couldn't receive the first ball well then the setter couldn't do her job
    so the hitter couldn't hit the ball like they use to be. I gave the credit to the Thai coach who planned the game well, not because the Serbain team played without the 3 hitter. That's why the Thai won the match.

In reality, we have to play 7 games so everything could happen, just won over Serbia isn't enough for the Thai to qualified to London2012. Just hope my team will get a ticket to OG2012 in the end :super:

EDIT: To make my comment more understandable, please remember English isn't my mother tongue so hope you could understand my poor English.

• Actually in the COQT in Japan right now gives 4 tickets to Olympics for the top 3 teams and the best Asian team.

If among the top 3 is an Asian team, the highest ranked Asian team in the top 3 becomes the best Asian team and the next 3 tickets will now go to next 3 tops teams.

For Example:

Final ranking:

1. RUSSIA
    2. JAPAN
    3. CUBA
    4. KOREA
    5. SERBIA

- JPN is included in the top 3, hence, JPN will automatically become the best Asian team and will get the AVC slot.
    - the other 3 tickets goes to RUS, CUB and KOR being the next highest teams in the final results ranking.

However, if the result will be something like this:

Final ranking:

1. RUSSIA

2. CUBA

3. SERBIA

4. JAPAN

5. KOREA

- first 3 tickets goes to the top 3 and JPN will also qualify as the best Asian team.

Or if this way (which is unlikely to happen based on the 2nd day results):

Final ranking:

1. JAPAN

2. KOREA

3. THAILAND

4. CHINESE TAIPEI

5. RUSSIA
    6. CUBA

- JPN qualifies as best Asian team
    - KOR, THA and TPE also qualifies as the next top 3 teams in the tournament.

In other words, Non Asian teams needs to be in the top 3 to secure an OG ticket. Whereas, Asian teams have more advantages because if one or more team is able to land in the top 3, more chances are given to the other Asian teams as long these Asian teams have a minimum ranking of 4th place. The Asians actually have two chances - get the Asian slot and earn a slot via the World qualification (be among the top 3)

• You forgot the rules - best three teams and ... best Asian team !
    (see last qualification 2008 - Poland, Serbia, Japan and best Asian team was 5th Kazakhstan ! Dominican Republic as 4th team didn't qualify) :sos:

• Thanks.

Actually it was just my guess on the rules since it is not specified somewhere in the WOQT site.

If Japan continues to be in top 3, then another Asian team is possible to be included via the AVC slot.

But i hope CUB will be in the top 3....:)

• You forgot the rules - best three teams and ... best Asian team !
    (see last qualification 2008 - Poland, Serbia, Japan and best Asian team was 5th Kazakhstan ! Dominican Republic as 4th team didn't qualify) :sos:

Of course Japan UPSS :aww: Fivb will not let be a strong competition in Olympics coz they want to see Japan as medalist,it's their biggest dream ^^ Having a high level competition with more dangerous teams will risk their medal chance that's the fact guess.I would prefer a more exciting competition in Olympics but it's totally against FIVB's benefits.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: