Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• I just can't believe with the team that most in "Defence, Fast, Speed, Protect" but lost that easy 10 point in last set, can't attack over the block like that in last set, i just can't believe

I dont want to wonder anything on Japan, but play like that, it can't make me stop wonder on them

What a gross match, wonder if Thailand lost Korean 3-2 Set and Korea have 2 Point Thailand have 1

Japan going to play like this or not, Gross match ever :thumbdown: undefined

• BEST LIBEROS
    Yang Meng Hua TPE Avg. by set 5.52

BEST RECEIVERS
    Kim Yeon-Koung KOR Eff.% 44.55

BEST SETTERS
    Tomkom Nootsara THA Avg.by set 7.09

BEST DIGGERS
    Yang Meng Hua TPE Avg.by set 3.14

BEST SERVERS
    Santos Allegne Yanelis CUB Avg.by set 0.63

BEST BLOCKERS
    Yang Hyo-Jin KOR Avg.by set 0.96

BEST SPIKERS
    Kim Yeon-Koung KOR Succ.% 56.95

BEST SCORERS
    Kim Yeon-Koung KOR Total 134

From KIM YEON KOUNG THAILAND FAN PAGE

Special Award

BEST ACTRESS : Japan Team

• Anton :rolll: To be honest i prefer safe group much more than death group.At least it's better to advance to QF than eliminate from groups and say good bye to Olympics :D I don't think it's a very good idea to advance to QF from death group as 3rd or 4th and face with two Olympics dreamers (Italy & Russia) :lol: Well i trust to my team but i can't be so optimistic as much as my country friends :D

You are totally right, matching up with favourite of gold medals (USA&BRA) is much better. :what: So smart :roll:

BTW, Italy & Russia would be only dreamers as you said 8) Also if we would be in the group A, Russia would be in group B with CHN,BRA,USA (not Group A as you said) so we would match up with Russia too in that case 8)

• Yeah ofc your dream team will be in top4 with China, Brazil, Russia and USA in the same group, how can it even be a discussion?

Anton, I am really glad that I got chance to live in Sweden and witness that all swedish are not unaware as much as you are :roll: In the case we got harder group we had such group compositions:

Pool A - Great Britain, Japan, Italy, Russia, Dominican Rep, Algeria
    Pool B - USA, Brazil, China, Serbia, Turkey, Korea

Not same group with Russia! After watching both European and World Olympic Qualification tournaments, most of people are probably convinced that Turkey would beat Korea and Serbia with current shapes. :roll: Moreover, in the absence of Wang Yimei and Xue Ming, China is not big favourite over Turkey as well :box: In this regard being third of this group and matching up with Russia or Japan in Quarterfinals is better case that matching up Brasil or USA 8)

• I was just about to post the links too :D Cuba-Thailand is available on the same Youtube account.

I just watched 4th and 5th set again and I still don't have a good feeling about the match :S It just seems whenever Japan had the chance of coming back, they made a stupid mistake...

• I didn't watch the match earlier and pretty much believed what people said but after watching the 5th set I am kind of surprised. I didn't see anything that looked remotely like throwing the match. 2 of the 4 service errors by Japan were VERY close to being in. They were still going after balls on defense and not giving up, and on the replays of Serbia's blocks they looked well-positioned with little options for the Japanese attackers.

• so according to you Japan lost on purpose today?? I didn't watch the match, I just would like to know...

anyway IMO the strongest teams qualified!

• After watching Cuba vs Thai, I can say that Giel has improved a lot. She's the next Ana Ibis, I am sure. Cleger, I believe, is a better setter/attacker compared to Silie, though the latter is good in block. What they need is another OH with good reception. Palacios is not very consistent. Salas could be the next Calderon in terms of attack.

Well, I hope that Thai and Cuba can be in Rio. :)

• Anton You should ask- curious if Sweden is glad also that Serdar got chance to live there :lol:

Yes, all people who comes here that always seems to have a smile on his face, bringing logical thoughts, and never is disrespectful is always welcome here, so Serdar, is a perfect buildstone for Swedish society and will probably bring welfare like nowhere else. You dont belive me?

• Anton, I am really glad that I got chance to live in Sweden and witness that all swedish are not unaware as much as you are :roll: In the case we got harder group we had such group compositions:

Pool A - Great Britain, Japan, Italy, Russia, Dominican Rep, Algeria
    Pool B - USA, Brazil, China, Serbia, Turkey, Korea

Not same group with Russia! After watching both European and World Olympic Qualification tournaments, most of people are probably convinced that Turkey would beat Korea and Serbia with current shapes. :roll: Moreover, in the absence of Wang Yimei and Xue Ming, China is not big favourite over Turkey as well :box: In this regard being third of this group and matching up with Russia or Japan in Quarterfinals is better case that matching up Brasil or USA 8)

I discussed on forum with somebody from Turkey few weeks ago and ... he tried to say the hardest group is the best option because Turkey may beat every team !
    (I feel pool B is very strong and qualification to quarterfinal will be very difficult ! Additionally strong teams in pool A will be much more fresh no real problem to in top 4)
    Please don't underestimate other teams (Serbia or China) because it's OG and games are very nervous with a lot of pressure.