European Championships 2011

• Who will be the best setter of the ECh 16

1. Dragan Travica, Italy (11) 69%
    2. Lucasz Zygadlo, Poland (1) 6%
    3. Sergey Grankin, Russia (3) 19%
    4. Alexander Butko, Russia (0) 0%
    5. Vlado Petkovic, Serbia (1) 6%

Martee, good idea to insert a poll about the MVP...

Now we'll have a poll about the best setter too ^^

I insert also Butko because he is almost the only one between the second setters that played enough to be considered, but honestly speaking I don't think he has a chance...

• Ivan the MVP :drink: :cup:

• Martee, good idea to insert a poll about the MVP...

Now we'll have a poll about the best setter too ^^

I insert also Butko because he is almost the only one between the second setters that played enough to be considered, but honestly speaking I don't think he has a chance...

:lol: :lol: :lol: In case you don't know, CEV has already had their own setters' statistics. Chech this out!
    http://new.cev.lu/Competition-Area/Statistics.aspx?ID=14
    (Choose the "setter ranking" in the colomn "Ranking selection")
    The statistics take all the matches including qualification round into account. Among the top 4 teams, Vermiglio has the best setter efficiency, following by Grankin. But I think Vermiglio only played in qualification round. So if the ranking keeps going like this, the best setter may go to Grankin. :whistle:

• I saw that 4 people voted for Travica , so I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like him!? :DDDDD I'm probably weird with setters, I passed the whole year fighting with people here in Roma about it :lol:

and for the MVP I don't know... both Mastro and Ivan did a great tournament (I guess it's not a coincidence that they went back to their teams and both reached the finals... especially after the WL I guess that no one would have thought that Serbia would have won a medal here :lol: just like everyone else yesterday I was sure Russia would have won so I enjoyed the match even more :D )

and wow, CEV website finally looks nice.

But, they only consider how they played in the last macthes, or also in the whole tournament?

I think the whole tournament, wasn't like that in the world champs? I mean in world league they only considered final four but I remember in world champs some people that won awards didn't reach the final phase...

The statistics take all the matches including qualification round into account. Among the top 4 teams, Vermiglio has the best setter efficiency, following by Grankin. But I think Vermiglio only played in qualification round. So if they ranking keeps going like this, the best setter may go to Grankin.

LOL it's soo weird to see Vermiglio there :lol:

• So, to sum up the lessons learned from this ECH so far:
    1 - You should play with a big heart if you are aiming high in the final ranking.
    2 - You should never underestimate Serbia in a big forum :D

• elisewin, I think that there are better setter than Travica... but not in this 4 teams, probably.

And yes, I thought the same, both Mastro and Ivan came back to their team after the WL and made the difference... and brought their guys at the final. Not a coincidence without any doubt ^^

In effect, at the WCh Tille was the best libero for example...

Well, I don't know how it's work, but I'm almost sure that the MVP will play this final ^^ May be not the best scorer or similar... About that the stats are useless, because they consider also the qualification tournament etc..

I'm crossing my finger for Mastro being the best blocker.

But when I read about Vermiglio I imagined Travica's face (--> :what: ) at "best setter... directly from Kazan... Vermiglio!!" :lol:

• Ah, I read a nice "story" in Savani's interview after the semifinal: he explained that yesterday evening Berruto asked them to "train" their serve with/in their mind, thinking about the tecnique, and dreaming to make ace.

Later, when the guys were in their rooms, he sent them a text to make them rimand to do that.

Savani answered (kidding): "I've already dreamed two aces :rolll: "

After the second of his 3 aces he looked at him and smiled :D

ps: this exercise defintly worked! 7 aces/9 errors (vs Finland it was 1/20!!), and nice run serve in general :)

• I've just realized that 5/7 of Macerata first squad will play the final today! That's sound defintly promising for Macerata :white:

Travica-Parodi-Savani for Italy, Podrascanin and Stankovic for Serbia.

• Guys, MVP for MB? :wavy: No way. It will go to Milijković or Savani for sure.

Yes, I agree, I didn't express it well: I think Ivan will take the awards (but Savani has a chance too), but I would like Mastro to be MVP for what he have done for the team, aslo because an MVP MB would be smth special ;)

But that is my wish, not my guess ^^ (In general, of course I wish an italian to be MVP, but I won't never deny how strong and determinate Ivan is)

• If you are truly convinced that Mastrangelo deserves the MVP, OK, but if you think Ivan deserves it more and still want it for Mastro is little subjective :)

• Ivan is carrying the whole team on his shoulders, so he is MVP.

Italy has more balanced team even though Mastro is impressive, the whole team do the job to reach the final. However if Italy win today, they will give the MVP to an Italian, which whouldn't be fair. Ivan deserve this award, no matter the result today.

• Russia showed some signs of waking up, lets' see how thing will go on.

Poland is playing with their hearts, congrats about that. This team has a good future, but they are just too green for now and overemotional.

• Alright, congrats to Poland, I guess they will win this match.

Pity Russians are playing so brainfarted today, completely useless. Nothing really changed since they won the WL. Too bad.

I still however think they deserve a wild card for WC.

• But FIVB won't give 2 WC's for Europe ;( The choice between Russia and Poland is really hard, but FIVB loves money, so probaly Poland will be given a wild card, just because of money from Polsat.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game