European Championships 2011

• Because Polish behavior is similar to Bulgaria, not Brasil. We didn't make a thather like Brasil, only played subs like Bulgaria..

If you say so

Six of us from forum would won vs Brazil lineup in that match :rolll: :dance4:

Yeah, sure. But you can't sentence one for his intentions, right ?( I mean- Bulgaria wanted to lose, but won does not equal to Poland wanted to lose and lost

• Yeah, sure. But you can't sentence one for his intentions, right ?( I mean- Bulgaria wanted to lose, but won does not equal to Poland wanted to lose and lost

As I said- Slovakia did everything to win this game, and Brasil on the contrary- did everything to lose.. For me it is the onle difference!

• As I said- Slovakia did everything to win this game, and Brasil on the contrary- did everything to lose.. For me it is the onle difference!

Rugby is saying you don't know had Bulgaria played to lose or not. We can only speculate had Brazil started to play a real volleyball what could have happened. You can play with subs but still to win!

• Rugby is saying you don't know had Bulgaria played to lose or not. We can only speculate had Brazil started to play a real volleyball what could have happened. You can play with subs but still to win!

Played subs to win against Brasil :lol: . Please don't make me a fool, it is even lightly.

• BTW probably the formula isn't good, but rememebr that CEV can't makes miracles. Someone HAS to play with Russia in the quarter...

Exactly. I can't say I love the formula, but in the end, you can always win the group to avoid strong opponents. What I dislike more is, that in the 1/4s you can end up playing against the same team as in the group. That's kinda boring

Czech - Poland, that's going to be a premature final, at least regarding the number of fans :-) I can't wait to cheer for my side!

• I know your point, but Anastasi didn't say to our players that must lose this game.

And you, my friend, are calling othesr naive? :aww:

again, read your posts and my posts

you are eighter missing MY point, or you are in a denial :sos: or you are arguing with someone else here :what:

That guy is annoyng "Whats the difference, whats the difference?" The freaking difference is that Poland lost on purpose, while Bulgaria didn't

• Anyway this discusion doesn't make sense :lol: at all. I just want to give an opinion, what I think about whole situalion. And discussion is out of control now. Ok everyone has own opinion, mayby we all are right.

• Now when the picture is a bit clearer, I'd say only a miracle can stop Italy from getting to the final

We aren't playing as well as we should, unfortunally. That collapse in the yestarday match was awful. 23% in attack in the tie break O_O And our serve isn't effective how it could be. And in every matche we started diesel, 6-7 points behind the other team. We need to start well and to be more constant.

I saw an interview to Savani, he was really upset, he said that noone of them "will sleep tonight", I'm really mad - we all are - because we lost this match that we wanted to win. (I think that may be Parodi will, btw ^^ ). Also lasko wans't happy, he said. Only Parodi, but he has to :obey: Berruto was quite calm, trying to see more the positive things (being in the quarter, Parodi's performance)

Beside that, we showed a good character from the second set vs Belgium until the second set of yestarday, winning also sets that were almost compromised, and winning all the sets that went over 25. That's very positive!! :D

I have to admit that Finland did better than I expected vs Belgium (that I liked more than Finland when they played vs Italy), now they'll face Slovenia, and honestly I'm not able to make a prediction because I don't know Slovenia well (I don't know them at all, actually :pinch: ).

I also think that playing as we know we can beat both. But the problem is exactly this: playing as we know. If we won't, we will risk to say bye to the semis.

Now it's all in our hand, I hope and believe that we won't waste this opportunities... not joining the semifinal in Danzica was enough sad for one summer :P

• Is that discussion still going on ? :whistle:

Ok, we all know that the only problem here is stupid CEV - all is their fault to have situations like that. We did't won our first match and we could - we were so close leading in the tie break , 3 matchballs. But even after that we had our choice how to play against Germany - we made, if it is right or not,only time will show (but probably we will lose in the 1/4 final). With our decision to play for victroy against Germans, actyally we gave Polish team an invitation to lose vs Slovakia, and of course they did it. - the temptation for them to avoid Russia was too strong :D

And as for Bulgarians and WCh in 2010, it is normal that our team prefered not to play with Cuba, but as we saw then from the match with Brazil, our wish wasn't at any cost. Even our reserve players cannot afford to act like total clowns on the field and make mistakes on purpose - I totally don't accept this - it's anti-volleyball and it's really ugly. I will never imagine how real stars like Giba could do it then ?( . My point is that is normal if you are at least on paper a stronger team to put your bench players on the court in such situation , but it is not normal to be a spotsman and professional player and act like monkey, which hasn't seen a ball only to lose at any cost.

The only diference between that situation then and that from yesterday is that we and Brazils were face to face. In the triangle BUL- POL- SVK anything was indirect. But that is really a detail because we had a choice, and first to chose what to do, after that what Poland did was quite logical, no team is a victim, except may be volleyball - but it is CEV's job.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• *putting "Super Moderator"'s coat on*

*Cough, cough!*

OK, it looks like the debate about who's making (or made) calculations and who isn't (or didn't), is not of much use and probably won't go anywhere. So I suggest we go back to something else!

All of this is because the competition's formula, and if this kind of "strategy" can be used by some teams it's up to the organizers to fix it if they want.

Thank you for listening.

*putting "Super Moderator"'s coat off*

Pfew ... It's getting hot with that coat on... Got me thirsty! :drink:

• Or France ;)

After beating Serbia and Russia? 8o
    Sure, no sweat at all :thumbsup:

• Polish Minister of Sport criticized special defeat to Slovakia by Poland.
    Oh Poland You must win tomorrow because if not Everyone here will eat You.

• Polish Minister of Sport criticized special defeat to Slovakia by Poland.

I like this minister :thumbup:

Polish Minister of Sport criticized special defeat to Slovakia by Poland.

I like this minister

Me too. Intelligent and honest man. This man aware that such things break the reputation of sport.