European Championships 2011

• I have to admit that this year CEV had had a very tough work, with no offense pushing Austria to the 1/8 was almost an impossible mission, not to mentione the 1/4...

And they put Czech in the situation to play vs the strongest pool. I mean, look at Frence: as second classificated they played the 1/8 vs Turkey... Whereas Czech has to beat Poland. They weren't helped so much, after all. (And you can say that may be Poland wasn't "supposed" to be third, but in any case the third classificated team in the pool D would have been a valuable team)

Dunno... As a Czech, I don't think we were given such a bad path. We had everything in our own hands, every opponent in sight was beatable (we've beaten both Poland and Bulgaria recently). And as a fan, I liked the groups in Prague and Vary, it was exciting to watch.

I'm reading your posts and I wonder what do you argue about. But I think I finally got the point of raylight - he's saying that the formula doesn't allow equal chances for title/medal for all teams.
    Ofc it's normal nowadays for all tournaments for the hosts to be easier paths to quaterfinals,semifinals,finals. So they make tougher groups to eliminate the favourites by playing against each other. And other teams profit for that as well. Just Bulgaria is so often unlucky to be part of those teams who are in the tougher stream. But not always, you mentioned WL 2011. And that's no conspiracy against a team, it's just circumstances. You'll see next year in WL how we will have very easy group and we will be pulled to the final. Just money that are spent by the host country have to be return back. The way is by pushing the host team further in the tournaments so that there would be more tickets bought, more people will watch TV, more money from the sponsors etc...You know that, everyone knows that,I don't know why I'm expldining it to you. There are two things you can do: accept the situation or do something to change it; just stop complaining! :wavy:

Abouth the formula in general... I'd prefer the semifinal groups model, but I'm not saying this one is unfair. Basically, if you're a medal/title contender, you should win your group. In that case, you should come across an opponent of your (or higher) quality in the semifinals. If you screw up in the group, you simply have to prove yourself earlier in the playoffs, or you don't have the quality to win a medal.

• Ufff... The formulas for international competitions have been changing over and over again during the years, yet there's always reason for some to complain about them.
    Then, just one simple question. Suppose you don't want a tournament to be completely based on a knockout system, and you want more than one team per group to step to the 2nd phase: under these conditions, is there any of you able to suggest a 100% guaranteed "cheating-free" formula? I bet there isn't...

• Ufff... The formulas for international competitions have been changing over and over again during the years, yet there's always reason for some to complain about them.
    Then, just one simple question. Suppose you don't want a tournament to be completely based on a knockout system, and you want more than one team per group to step to the 2nd phase: under these conditions, is there any of you able to suggest a 100% guaranteed "cheating-free" formula? I bet there isn't...

Maybe some drawing lots after each subsequent stage of the tournament... No place for cheating when we don't know who will be next opponent.

• CEV or the Polish vball federation should prepare a special medal for every Bulgarian player and Stoychev. Something like "Biggest Jackass on the face of the earth" type of medal :wavy:

• I agree. Russia is simply stronger than all the others. But it won't be the first time that Russia, being the strongest team, doesn't win the Gold medal.

That's right, but these time they are also mentally stronger than it used to be before.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Maybe some drawing lots after each subsequent stage of the tournament... No place for cheating when we don't know who will be next opponent.

Said that I find absolutely unfair, from a moral PoV, to leave it to chance the teams' pairing from one stage to the next, I think you're anyway wrong. Choosing your opponent isn't the only profit you can get from "cheating"... Suppose you have 4-team pools, with the best 2 going ahead: if team A (the strongest) wins the first 2 matches and on the 3rd they're gonna face the (theoretically) 3rd strongest team, they can decide to lose that match to cut the 2nd strongest out of the QFs...

• CEV or the Polish vball federation should prepare a special medal for every Bulgarian player and Stoychev. Something like "Biggest Jackass on the face of the earth" type of medal :wavy:

I don't think so :tzz: . Just remind WCH 2010 - you can help us, but you don't. Maybe Brazil wouldn't play longer.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Lose with us, all teams could have 3 points.

• Ok, we were weak, but formula was really awful :thumbdown:

• GUYS. Why do you do that? Why do you remind old times? Focus on this year's tournament. 'Cause last year's WCh were just horrible and I still try to forget about it :aww:

• Yeah, he isn't serious, just don't listen, forget... :aww:

• Yeah, he isn't serious, just don't listen, forget... :aww:

Sorry for stupid thoughts of youngster :D

• You know guys, your discussion started to amuse me after I ended reading it. First, I was pissed because of Kaziyski who showed once again how much he didn't like Polish team (and I have no idea why).

Even if Kaziyski wouldn't like our team, he has full rights for that. This is something normal, some teams you like more, some less, nothing weird about that. And Kaziyski is usually right, but sometimes it's really hard for me to agree with him if it comes to Polish team, simply because truth is painful sometimes :D I remember how we argued about mentality of Polish teams, he claimed that we're really mentally weak, and I couldn't accept this, I was trying to find some excuses for them, even though deep inside I knew he was right :D

• Well... When I think about thit, I laugh :lol: Especially match Brazil-Bulgaria, when after Brazil's lost italian people whistled at them. Brazil was scared of Cuba, and then they crushed them in final. What a tournament :lol: