European Championships 2011

• You are so right !!! It is good that we have strong clubs at least! ))

ALLAH help us please! Help! =))

Hope someday It will change but now - that's so hard unfortunately. They have potential, this game is totally shame for Azerbaijan.

• Congrats to Dutch girls and flyingdutchman But you will have to do it great against Italy.

Of course, Dutch NT is the underdog tomorrow...

On paper/normally, we can't win against Italy with this roster.

But in sports almost everything is possible ;) Let's hope for a miracle :teach:

• Hope C. Staelens' injury isn't serious. She looked like she was in an extreme amount of pain and with the amount of injury she's had in the past you really have to wonder if she needs to step away for the game for the sake of her overall health. Get well soon Chaine! Flier really proved me wrong! At 23-24 she went back for her jump serve and I was almost 100% sure she would make a service error but instead she made an ace! If the Netherlands wants to win big time matches that's the type of tremendous play that Flier is going to have to come up with on a consistent basis. Great performance by Visser as well! I don't think the Netherlands will beat Italy. Italy's defense is too good and Grothues and Stam-Pilon don't have the offensive power to put the ball down consistently. They'll need another monster match from Flier and Visser to keep it competitive but I think Italy will beat them in 3 maybe 4 sets.

Azerbaijan has a lot of potential but the amount of swings they give to Mammadova and Rahimova is bordering on ridiculous. Kovalenko seems like she'd be very effective if utilized more. The Netherlands defense is mediocre and it was clear that over an extended period of time the Azeri's simplified offense was indeed too simple. Rahimova is a real talent and I hope she'll play abroad sometime in the future. She needs to develop a line shot to go along with her wicked cross court angle, but against Brazil and the USA the block wouldn't allow for so many cross court attacks.

Turkey is a bit of a wild card for me. Darnel and Neriman have the capability of playing well and also the capability of making a TON of errors. I think Russia has the definitive edge and I think most teams go into any match against Russia already down one set because of the mental advantage that Russia has. Russian reception has been absolutely horrible to say the least. In 2011 it's almost unbelievable to see a middle blocker receive serve while she is in the front row!! Russia always seems to be able to pick things up and play at a higher level. When they do that Turkey is going to have to prove that they can do the same.

• Hope C. Staelens' injury isn't serious. She looked like she was in an extreme amount of pain and with the amount of injury she's had in the past you really have to wonder if she needs to step away for the game for the sake of her overall health. Get well soon Chaine! Flier really proved me wrong! At 23-24 she went back for her jump serve and I was almost 100% sure she would make a service error but instead she made an ace! If the Netherlands wants to win big time matches that's the type of tremendous play that Flier is going to have to come up with on a consistent basis. Great performance by Visser as well! I don't think the Netherlands will beat Italy. Italy's defense is too good and Grothues and Stam-Pilon don't have the offensive power to put the ball down consistently. They'll need another monster match from Flier and Visser to keep it competitive but I think Italy will beat them in 3 maybe 4 sets

Totally agree :)

Though I hope for a miracle of course (NL-Italy) ^^

• At 23-24 she went back for her jump serve and I was almost 100% sure she would make a service error but instead she made an ace!

I think she was 100% sure that she would make an ace at that time :D What a confidence she has :obey:

• RAHIMOVA 89 PTS
    GAMOVA 86 PTS
    MAMMADOVA 86 PTS
    NERİMAN 72 PTS
    FLIER 66
    EDA ERDEM 59 PTS
    GONCHAROVA 53 PTS
    VISSER 51
    BRAKOCEVİC 51
    KOZUCH 48
    RASIC 47
    COSTAGRANDE 45 PTS
    GIOLI 43 PTS
    COSTAGRANDE 45 PTS
    HAVLICKOVA 42 PTS
    NESLİHAN 39 PTS
    GRUN 37
    CORINA 37
    GOZDE 35 PTS
    BRINKER 32
    SKOWRONSKA 30 PTS
    KACZOROWSKA 23 PTS
    DEL CORE 21 PTS

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I think she was 100% sure that she would make an ace at that time :D What a confidence she has :obey:

Bij haar cruciale service op setpunt tegen probeerde Flier vooral nergens aan te denken. "Er kan op zo'n moment van alles door je hoofd gaan, maar nu ging ik gewoon staan en knallen'

translation:

At the moment of the crucial serve (setpoint for AZE), Flier tried to block her thoughts...' At such moment, many things can go through your mind, but now I just went for it --> for a bomb-serve '

:win:

• She's rly great and inspirational at such moments :rose:

Btw, what does Flier mean in Dutch? Its English mean is totally for her but I'd like to know in her language :)

• Oh come on, not more conspiracy theories like yesterday :thumbdown: Everyone who watched the match will confirm that Germany deserved the victory, and Serbia certainly won't lose on purpose in front of their home crowd.

late answer but must write, really had no intention to say that as conspiracy, simply germany outclassed serbia in all volley elements, 100% deserved...but must admit that probably nobody could expecting fact germany to beat serbia in 6 games in a row :drink: ;)

• It has no meaning :)

Thanks for answering :)

• Romania have a good team but they cant be succesful in ECH.Why do u think it is? Romanian star Turlea is not able to show the performance she shows in italian league.

Romania doesn't have a good team, only good individuals. Turlea joined the team just a week ago so of course she isn't well prepared for this tournament. Most NTs spend the whole summer together, Romania worked most of the summer with young players and the stars joined just for ECH. If they'd prepare better for the tournament they could play better...