Italy Serie A 2010-11

• I agree with you, Joana, Serie A is still the hardest league, but the topteams lost several stars (Skworonska, Fürst, Del Core, Sokolova, Costagrande) so there is a certain equalization/devaluation.

I agree with you Matthias! Anything can happen. It is definetly still the hardest league to play. Cause the players have no break, no easy round, every round it is very demanding, and very ahrd match.

• Yes, general level in Serie A is definitely lower than last year...Especially Turkish clubs bought starplayers in Italy

Agreed.I cant see a dominant Italian team this year.Neither Pesaro nor Cortese are not that impressive.Bergamo also seems bad.Dinamo,Cannes,Rabıta and Turkish teams are better.

• Its not that Novara is that good its just that Pesaro is really trying not to win the game, im guessing that recession hit so hard italian women league that teams need to look for money
    elsewhere - theres just too many fishy result this year and so far all of them included Florens, Cortese and Pesaro

There's no need for conspiracy theories. The thing is that none of the Italian teams have great depth in their rosters anymore. There are some very good players there still, but now a lot of mediocre players have a place in the starting line-up, which they couldn't even dream of a few years ago. So it's natural that results and performances vary from one round to another since if a key player or two are having a subpar performance, there's no one to replace them.

• I think yes, the top teams are not strong as in the past, totaly agree. Top Turkish and Russia teams are better this season.

But the "worse" teams, the ones from 5-12 position...Italian ones are much better than any in Turkey or Russia, or anywhere in the World in my opinion. Well actually Russia also have very good teams down 5º place.

There is why in my opinion this two are still the top leagues. And the Italian one deifnetly the more equal, considering that Dinamo Kazan and Moscow are one step ahead other teams in Russia.

If you get Pesaro (Flier, Hooker, Usic, Guiggi,..), Modena (Harmotto, Fernandinha, Matuszkova,...), Novara (Barun, Veljkovic,...), Perugia (Fateeva, Popovic, Leggeri,..) ...you see, even the teams that now are not top qualify have at least two world known players, I dont see that happening in other leagues....^^

What I mean is all games in Italian championship have potencial to be really good, you dont see boring games offen. Even if you get a match between the last teams in qualification, the match have potencial to be a very good tecnicly, an exiting match, I dont think we see that in other leagues.

• " Joanamss"
    i cant agree with you on every match being excited on italian league.I have watched a few matches so far via RaiSport and i didnt take great plesaure in watching them .

In Turkish league, watch the matches between weaker teams( those below 5 in the ranking) there are struggle,+compettive matches between them too.But the problem is that those weaker teams cant resist againt strong teams like Fba,Eczacıbaşı,Vgstt even Gs and Nilüfer Belediye.
    do you belive that those italian teams can resist Fba or Dinamo Moscow??? thats what i mean.

• " Joanamss"
    i cant agree with you on every match being excited on italian league.I have watched a few matches so far via RaiSport and i didnt take great plesaure in watching them .

In Turkish league, watch the matches between weaker teams( those below 5 in the ranking) there are struggle,+compettive matches between them too.But the problem is that those weaker teams cant resist againt strong teams like Fba,Eczacıbaşı,Vgstt even Gs and Nilüfer Belediye.
    do you belive that those italian teams can resist Fba or Dinamo Moscow??? thats what i mean.

WEll, I dont know how much you follow Italian league, then, maybe you were just unlucky..:) hehe kidding, well of course, not all game will be excited, in any league!...what I meant it that they have potencial to be. Just see this round, in 6 games 3 were 3x2!

And yeah, of course Fenerbahçe and Eczacibasi are better, but they are the top teams in Turkey like I said...:)

but I honestly think that if you get teams like Modena, Busto, Conegliano, Novara, I think yes, they would win against teams like Besiktas, Nilüfer Bld, İller Bankası, ...and so on. There is what I meant. ^^ When you compare the second line of clubs, I think Italy is one step ahead. And even, if you see Furst interview for German Federation site, she said that she is happy there, but she dont think that turkish league has the strongest league, that most teams in turkish league dont have same quality as even the A2 league teams in Italy. In her opinion she believes Champions League is the strongest championship there is for clubs, and that Brasilian league is the strongest one (well, I dont agree with her in that second part actually, hehehe, Brasil have good teams, but like in other leagues the teams below 6 place in standing, dont get even close to teams in Italy). So for what I followed so far and for Furst words itself, I still believe that over all Italian championship is still the best, cause it is equal and still good tecnicly, the best mediocre players, like you said, are in Italy, in not in other leagues. But yeah if you compare with years that have passed, then ok, I totaly agree that Italy dont have anymore the same level as years before, cause they lost many stars; But my way to see volleyball and avaliate the league is not based only in the top players, specially when they are all in one or two teams, I believe that a good tournament is not only made by the top teams. Its is the level of all teams, its organization, its merchandazing, and so on....

but of course this season Fenerbahçe, Vakifbank, Eczacibasi are stronger teams then the ones in Italy....but the over all league, I still think Italy is stronger, considering all teams. ^^ But it is just my opinion ;)

• Yes, absolutely Congrat's
    For a team that had so many big financial problems in the start of summer and maybe could not
    be in A1, what a so great performance !
    This team can beat favourites ? Yes, just interesting
    In french championship, it is sad and I think that Cannes is even more better this season
    than last years from my team Mulhouse :-(
    Go Novara

Congrats to Novara. :heart:

Lucia=7 blocks. :cup:

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• to "Joanamss",

Has Fürst played in İtalian A2?
    Well, i agree on some of Fürst's Opinions but dont agree on some ,those are Fürst's opinions and I dont think that Fürst has had enough time to play in Turkish league and enough opportunities to evaluate Turkish league very well.After 1 year in Turkey Fürst can decide more correctly on Turkish league but not now.
    i bet if those İtalian teams( except Pesaro,Cortese and maybe Bergamo) had held a match with Fba the score would have been 25-12,25-13..etc. i mean those "weaker" teams' in Turkish league matches with strong teams like Fba etc. may mislead people into thinking that they are weaker than they really are.

And I think Fürst doesnt know about some realities about some teams in Turkey.
    For example,Some teams in Turkish league have had some serious problem as they form their teams.Some were about to close and survived at the last moment,Some had financial problems,Some lost their players at the last seconds and had to form a brand new teams with brand new players.(Ereğli's Thais players didnt come back,Karşıyaka were about to close and Ankaragücü had some financial difficulties etc.),
    Therefore ,those teams supposedly weakers than Italian A2 teams in Fürst's opinions need some time to handle the current problems and to be a real team with new players then we can decide on how strong they are.

in shortly, italian middling quality teams are succesful in some small details.thats all ,not more.

• to "Joanamss",
    Well, i agree on some of Fürst's Opinions but dont agree on some ,those are Fürst's opinions and I dont think that Fürst has had enough time to play in Turkish league and enough opportunities to evaluate Turkish league very well.After 1 year in Turkey Fürst can decide more correctly on Turksh league but not now.

Furst is a good observer. :lol:
    I've been following Turkish league for years and I agree with what Furst says in her interview. And Furst is not the only player to say it after playing one and a half season in Turkey, Parkhomenko said something similiar and some others. Turkish league is neither the strongest nor the best league in Europe. I would put it in top three but not the first one. Italy ,despite losing most of the top players, is still the best one in Europe. Turkey has a long way to reach Lega Pallovolo's level. I am not familiar with Brasilian League so can't comment on it much. I like to follow Polish league too.

• "Demir17"
    Turkish average teams and the teams below average and their coaches have gained important experiences in a few years.at the moment,if those clubs had a little more money, belive me, they would form more competitive teams. ;)

• "Demir17"
    Turkish average teams and the teams below average have gained important experiences in a few years.at the moment,if those clubs had some a little more money, belive me, they would form more competitive teams. ;)

What you say is tottally true. But that goes for Italian teams too right? If they had a little more money they would not let their top players go to other teams. I think Turkish league is not the best not only because it's not competitive enough but for some other things such as TV broadcasts, ease of information access, people's interest etc. I compare factors like these with Italian league and I can't say Turkish league is the best. I hope I am not misunderstood I am not saying Turkish league is a bad one I just think it's not the best.

• Well...if you think I1m saying Turkish league s poor you are wrong, I think yes Turkish is one of the best leagues, I jsut dont think considering all it is the best, at least not still.

Yes the teams are growing, and everything, and maybe someday you will be the best league, but not yet.

Italian teams also have finacial problems specially this season, Novara almost closed! For example.

And again, I was not comparing italian second line teams with Fenerbahçe, but with second teams of Turkey. Any team compare to Fenerbahçe this days is inferior..hehehehehehe

I'm just saying if you take in consideration all! Tv, public, level of the 12 teams, organization of the championship, and so on, Italy is one step ahead, that is all. But it is the way I see volleyball, maybe you ahve a different way to see it. and that is ok.

And please dont misjudge or be mad with Furst, I think she was just also giving her opinion about it. Since she lived in both leagues. ;) :flower:

• Actually im not into Turkish league being best or second or whatever in Europe.im into watching great matches. thats all i want
    in my opinion, besides Italia, other national leagues are good too.Polish,Russian,Turkish etc.I have had enough "flattery" of Italy. :thumbsup: And if Turkish league is to be best someday then i wont want to hear lots of flattering words about how good it is. :D
    i dont like Italian broadcasting. I think Polish are much better than Italia tecniquely.
    I like Fürst.She is a great blocker,one of the bests in the world.Just not agree on some of her thoughts.

• Another thing I noticed, I think both Marta Bechis and Noemi Signorile are much better or at least more talented than Giulia Rondon, I hope one of them will be in NT instead of her...

I agree with you. but before both Bechis and Signorile, I seriously hope that Barbollini calls Ferretti again. probably It's not going to be easy. but I still think She is the best italian setter apart from Leo. smart, fast and her tossings are unpredictable.
    anyhow I think It would be way better If Rondon changes her position to MB or whatever.

• even if the problems what you talk about happens, it does not the fact that that teams' level very low. ;) Economical problems are everywhere, for example in spain, murcia, tenerife and some other clubs also have economical problems so mustn't we say the spainish league's level is low than Italian,turkish and russian league? :whistle:

I absolutely agree with Furst too. turkish leagu have some clubs which probably cannot reach A1 if they play at A2 :down: Turkish league might be compared to only Russian league. And still russian league is one step better our league. Even if our top three best teams would probably beat theirs, our teams ranking 4-5-6 cannot beat ones in russian league.

I think our male league is more strong and worth seeing than female league

• Beautiful match :obey:
    Novara defeats 3-.0 Busto Arsizio's Yamamay, the current leader of the tournament ... in Busto!! 25-22; 25-11 (!!!) - 30-28
    Impressive group performance , Barun unstoppable, superb setting by Marta Bechis, she outclassed Yama's Valentina Serena -
    I think Marta MUST definitively enter the Nationa Team group, it's the more promising young talent in setting. :wavy: