European Championships - 2013 - hosts Denmark and Poland

• The Czech NT wide roster for the ECH selected by head coach Stewart Bernard:

Setters: Ondrej Boula, Lukas Tichacek
    Outside hitters: Kamil Baranek, Adam Bartos, Tomas Hysky, Ondrej Hudecek
    Opposites: David Konecny, Filip Rejlek, Michal Finger, Jan Stokr
    Middle blockers: Jiri Kral, Vladimir Sobotka, Ales Holubec, Tomas Siroky
    Liberos: Vaclav Kopacek, David Juracka

I don't know why the OH Karel Linz missed most of the European League games, he should've normally been called up for the ECH in September, at least in the wide roster.

• One of Konecny and Stokr will play as OH, that's sure. Vesely missing again but I read he had some conflict with Bernard so no surprise. BUt Rejlek is a big, big surprise...at least for me

I think we've seen that already. I don't remember when, but I think it was Konecny as an OH and Stokr as an OPP, maybe it was the last ECH, it was the last time I watched the full roster of the Czech team. Why would Rejlek be a surprise? I think he fully deserves his place there, even if I can't say how well he played in Brazil. I totally forgot about Vesely, had no idea he had problems with the coach.

Quite a solid variety of opposites. With the retirement of Platenik, however, there is a huge gap left. Popelka is no longer with the team. I liked Linz, he had a pretty decent contribution in the OG qualies and he is still young. I never liked Hudecek, whereas Baranek is probably not reliable enough for the NT. So, yes, maybe we'll see again Konecny as an OH.

• Konecny on OH and Stokr as OPP Czechs used in QG qualies in Germany last year :) I'm surprised about Rejlek coz he was out of NT for a long time, in fact I can't remember when he played last time for NT. Hudeček is captain, imo can contribute more in defense than attack.

I think Bernard will use this squad : Tichacek-Štokr, Konecny-Hudeček/Baranek, Kral-Holubec, Kopaček

• French squad:

Setters: Toniutti (Ravenna), Redwitz (Montpellier)
    OPP: Moreau (Cannes) Rouzier (Cuneo), Sidibé (Lubjlana)
    OH's: N'Gapeth (Kemerovo), Marechal (Jastrzębie-Zdrój), Lyneel (Montpellier), Tillie (Ravenna)
    MB's: Le Roux (Piacenza), Hardy-Dessources (Tours), Le Goff (Montpellier), Lafitte (Montpellier), Aguenier (Nantes)
    Libero: Exiga (Tours), Grebennikov (Friedrichshafen)

Tuia has finally been called back to prepare the Championship.

Looks like Rouzier, Moreau and Maréchal are not currently 100% healthy so Tillie wants to have options to decide who will be in the 14 players list (should be announced by thursday).

• Tuia has finally been called back to prepare the Championship.

Looks like Rouzier, Moreau and Maréchal are not currently 100% healthy so Tillie wants to have options to decide who will be in the 14 players list (should be announced by thursday).

Marien Moreau injured his shoulder and won't play in ECH, he may miss at least 4 months.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• P. Steuerwald, Westphal, Bauer, Strohbach and Hirsch are out.
    The squad for the Euros looks like this:

Setter: Lukas Kampa (Modena/ITA), Simon Tischer (Lyon/FRA)
    MB: Marcus Böhme (Generali Haching), Tim Broshog (Moerser SC), Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Felix Fischer (BR Volleys)
    OH: Denis Kaliberda (Piacenca/ITA), Björn Höhne (TV Ingersoll
    Bühl), Sebastian Schwarz (Generali Haching), Christian Fromm (Citta di
    Castello/ITA)
    Opp: Jochen Schöps (Rzeszow/POL), Georg Grozer (Belgorod/RUS)
    Libero: Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA), Ferdinand Tille (Generali Haching)

• Marien Moreau injured his shoulder and won't play in ECH, he may miss at least 4 months.

I'm surprised to see that Tuia only makes it into the team at this point.

I really can only judge based on a single game (ECH 2011 - poule game against Belgium, won by Belgium 3-1), but he was IMO the strongest player in the French squad:
    he was scoring a lot of points and committed far less errors in attack than N'Gapeth. Oddly enough, Blain replaced him in that game. I'm pretty sure the Belgian team was relieved when he got substituted (for Marechal).

• Hi guys

Great to see a lively debate going on already! Seems like everyone is getting just as excited for this event as we are.

This message is just a quick notice to let you all know a lot more information can be found on these three platforms:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/eurovolley2013 (close to 20.000 fans)
    Twitter: EuroVolley2013

All the best,
    Hans-Kristian, event assistant at Danish Volleyball Federation

• I have to say this account looks intriguing.
    Is this forum so striking that ECh has to set up an official account? Because that'll be so cool.

• I have to say this account looks intriguing.
    Is this forum so striking that ECh has to set up an official account? Because that'll be so cool.

I doubt that. It's just that the Danish Federation is trying everything to promote the Championship as much as possible and anywhere they could. Just check the official tournament website to see for yourselves what I mean. They have launched several campaigns already, involving people to participate in various events. Actually, I think this is perfectly alright, perhaps they aim at promoting volleyball in Denmark and showing, on the other hand, their country to all the visitors who are going to travel for the games. Maybe they don't get to host such sports events often and it's kind of a big deal for Denmark as an organizer and as a developing volleyball nation. Maybe they give more meaning to the whole thing than we do, but I am OK with that. So, no, I believe inside-volley is just a step further into the promotion process :)

• This is definitely true. Hosting the EC is a BIG deal for us here in Denmark. We are looking into every possible way of letting people know about this event and show how hard we want to make it a success. I've tried to spread the word on a few English-speaking forums.

We are a small federation as volleyball in not very popular in Denmark compared to other sports such as football, handball, swimming, golf and even badminton. So we really hope these championships can work as a platform for us to generate more popularity. To do se we need it to be a huge success though. This is why we try to promote it on as many different channels as possible.

• I was on Junior ECH last year and didn't hear much positive things about organization in Randers. Despite I was located in Gdynia all the time I had opportunity to speak with people who played in Randers and most of them were far from satisfied. As I remember they had problems with hotel about meals, transportation to the hall etc. Hope this time everything will work perfectly :)

• This is definitely true. Hosting the EC is a BIG deal for us here in Denmark. We are looking into every possible way of letting people know about this event and show how hard we want to make it a success. I've tried to spread the word on a few English-speaking forums.

We are a small federation as volleyball in not very popular in Denmark compared to other sports such as football, handball, swimming, golf and even badminton. So we really hope these championships can work as a platform for us to generate more popularity. To do se we need it to be a huge success though. This is why we try to promote it on as many different channels as possible.

I wish you all the best especially during group stage. Finals in Copenhagen has to be great - so many foreign fans will come ...
    I'm a little bit disappointed ECH are almost not promoted in Poland in comprison to Denmark :sos: /and ticketing system in both countries was totally different/
    Tickets in Poland were sold without any advertising within few days but our federation offered them just few weeks ago so only real volleyball fans were able to hunt them in right moment. :mad:

• I was on Junior ECH last year and didn't hear much positive things about organization in Randers. Despite I was located in Gdynia all the time I had opportunity to speak with people who played in Randers and most of them were far from satisfied. As I remember they had problems with hotel about meals, transportation to the hall etc. Hope this time everything will work perfectly :)

Well I wasn't hired back then, so maybe that's why it wasn't running smoothly :D Just kidding. I think the guys here at the office learned a lot back then. Remember we/they don't have much experience with events like these. I'm confident it will be a lot better this time.

• On Polish federation's webiste appeared info about team for Wagner's Memorial. There is no Bartman there, moreover it's written that from 15 which will play in memorial will be chosen team for Euro Volley, so Zibi is out :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• On Polish federation's webiste appeared info about team for Wagner's Memorial. There is no Bartman there, moreover it's written that from 15 which will play in memorial will be chosen team for Euro Volley, so Zibi is out :whistle:

right decision !