2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• Alexandra Pasynkova best scorer 11 points in 3rd match.

I like this girl.

• Maybe you guys are being to exigent....but Its just the first year after Olympic Games, is always the worse year in prepration and volleyball level..many teams changing, Its a year with not much importance...

Its not like you can compare the volleyball played last year and this year and hope for the same result...a bit more patience, many young players getting new experiences, its normal to have ups and downs... ^^

• I don't think so. Before the tournament I was checking the schedule and I thought Germany would meet Italy again in semifinal like in 2011 and 2009 because I expected Italy to win their pool. Until QF, there is distinction A-C and B-D, but in semifinal they cross their ways.

Yes, no change. It's always been like that and the same is for men.

• Maybe you guys are being to exigent....but Its just the first year after Olympic Games, is always the worse year in prepration and volleyball level..many teams changing, Its a year with not much importance...

Its not like you can compare the volleyball played last year and this year and hope for the same result...a bit more patience, many young players getting new experiences, its normal to have ups and downs... ^^

I agree with you..a lot of teams changed and young players are gaining experience! but I also think that it mustn't be a justification: even if they are young they must do their best to win, fighting till the end!

• Hey kondzio, do you have a individual stats of ECH ? #YouCanDoIt :P :thumbsup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Not sure if this was reported somewhere else but Nataliya Mammadova stated that this was her last competition with the NT and is retiring from the Azeri NT.

• Guidetti said in TV interview after the Turkey match that he expects to play against Netherlands in quarterfinal, unfortunately he didn't elaborate it any further.

I think that for the playoff and QF matches, the teams from Pool A and B could have an advantage because they don't have to travel and they have already played 3 matches in their respective hall. At least in Halle this could make a difference because this is a very unusual stadium to play in, it was built for Tennis tournaments and the roof is partially open, so there can be a bit of wind inside and it affects the serving. Let's see how Croatia and Russia cope with that. Russian coach also said that the additional free day could disturb the rhythm of the teams that are directly in QF, but Guidetti thinks that it's good to have more rest and more time to prepare for QF...

• I don't understand the whining about Italian's performance. Barbolini ruined the team by playing with same 10-12 players for a decade and there is no good replacement for previous ones. Still Italy is very lucky since they have very good individuals at younger generations. By the way, is it confirmed that Ferretti's absence is due to Mencarelli's choice? I always blame him by not taking di iulio, but it seems like she wants a break :whistle: Maybe it is the same case with Ferretti.

For Turkey's disappointing performance, the discussion might be true since I heard some dispute between Nesli and Neriman. As far as I heard Özge was trying to make Nesli best scorer and Neri was extremely angry with her. This all was rumours what I heard, it can be totally wrong though :whistle:

• I don't understand the whining about Italian's performance. Barbolini ruined the team by playing with same 10-12 players for a decade and there is no good replacement for previous ones. Still Italy is very lucky since they have very good individuals at younger generations. By the way, is it confirmed that Ferretti's absence is due to Mencarelli's choice? I always blame him by not taking di iulio, but it seems like she wants a break :whistle: Maybe it is the same case with Ferretti.

For Turkey's disappointing performance, the discussion might be true since I heard some dispute between Nesli and Neriman. As far as I heard Özge was trying to make Nesli best scorer and Neri was extremely angry with her. This all was rumours what I heard, it can be totally wrong though :whistle:

Agree.

Italy's performance/roster at the moment is horrible, for Italian circumstances/history

1. some injured players
    2. very bad choices by the coach at crucial positions --> setter and libero.

Btw, why Caterina Bosetti didn't play yesterday ??? She is better than Diouf in my opinion and also Diouf was ill (?)

• sounds realistic but Özge is only second setter?

But her twin is the starter :whistle: Also it seems like Gozde is the reason for Ozge's presence instead of Asuman. Yey we have a new boss :wall:

• Btw, why Caterina Bosetti didn't play yesterday ??? She is better than Diouf in my opinion and also Diouf was ill (?)

Diouf didn't look ill to me in the last two sets. Caterina seems in very bad shape recently, she started the match but got replaced by Sorokaite soon...and also Diouf is OPP and Caterina plays only OH this year.

• But her twin is the starter :whistle: Also it seems like Gozde is the reason for Ozge's presence instead of Asuman. Yey we have a new boss :wall:

Gözde :down: :down: :down:

• But her twin is the starter :whistle: Also it seems like Gozde is the reason for Ozge's presence instead of Asuman. Yey we have a new boss :wall:

So Özge was out in last 2 rounds of Grand Prix because of that maybe :white: :white: Neriman left NT and Özge joint again :down:

• I hope you are not serious, I can accept losing to Belgium but not in this way. Mencarelli is insane, Signorile was just embarassing today and he never took her out. I haven't seen ONE precise set by Signorile to OHs today and at the end she totally destroyed also Diouf with her terrible scissor hands. I want to challenge anybody here to keep on saying "Signorile is a good setter". I don't really like even Letizia Camera, but Mencarelli should have at least tried to put her on court instead of Signorile but he never did it and nobody knows why. It's all summer we Italians blame Mencarelli for his choices about setters and finally now we have the proof that we were right and he was wrong. We do not accept and do not understand why Francesca Ferretti was at home watching the match on TV and Signorile was playing it. This is insane.

"We" ? So you talk for all Italy NT fans or maybe you are the king of them ? ^^
    Of course Ferretti is better than Signorile. The goal of 2013 year for Italy was to try young players !
    You can disagree with this choice but the strategy of Mencarelli is logical, especially if we remember Signorile sets for Bergamo.
    Conclusions have to been drawn after the summer but I don't think such an ultra point of view like yours, which doesn't take in part peculiar circumstances of 2013 could be very efficient.

• I just watched some clips of RUS-AZE on Youtube and noticed that Garayev was not there. After the 1st match he already sent Chervyakov to press conference because he was too "disappointed" to go himself. Was he there on Saturday vs Belarus?

• I just watched some clips of RUS-AZE on Youtube and noticed that Garayev was not there. After the 1st match he already sent Chervyakov to press conference because he was too "disappointed" to go himself. Was he there on Saturday vs Belarus?

Just read on Azeri sites that Garayev resigned as AZE head coach. Google translation is not good enough to tell if he already did that after the first match or just after the preliminary. And if I read the translation right, Angelo Vercesi prepared the team for ECH :|