Junior World Championships 2011

• A lot of coaches have complained in the past that India and Iran have the habit of using overaged players :roll:

It's true but it's not fair to put them in the same basket, in Indian team you can't find any U21 player !

Iran U19 team which won 2007 World Youth Champs was totally a shame, they had at least 3 overaged players, 3 very main players , one of them is now banned by FIVB for age shaving. after this tournamet many people blamed them which forced Iranian federation to drop 2 of these overaged players for the 2009 World Junior Champs. (Iran didn't even advance to the semifinal without these 2)

now I think (and I hope) this team is almost clear, I have strong doubts about just one player (#6, MB, Hamed Bagherpour), but I have no proof.

• great match mosi :obey: :obey: Iranians were furious on referees when they gave ace to Serbia at 29-28 in 3rd set despite it's was clear out. Iran didn't recovered from that :down: Iranian coach Cvetković was swearing on Serbian language after that point :rolll:

Before that it's was only one team on field - Iran, after that - Serbia but both teams have excellent players and both will take medals here :teach:

thanks , This guy Cvetković is a very good coach but he is also good in making his own players nervous :D actually players are fearing him !!

Iran's best player is supposed to be Amir Ghafour (Iranian league MVP 2010/11 season) but nothing from him yet.

• Why didn't Hirsch play today? Germany had big chance to win against Russia.
    They deserved to play in the next round.

• Are these the titukars of brazil? And why our group is so hard? :read:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Are these the titukars of brazil? And why our group is so hard? :read:

Our groups are always hard, not randomly chosen.

Brazil players are so well prepared physically that they look like overaged :lol:

• 2nd Round

Pool E
    05-Aug 12:30 Spain - Russia
    05-Aug 16:00 USA - Iran
    06-Aug 10:00 Iran - Russia
    06-Aug 16:00 USA - Spain
    07-Aug 10:00 Spain - Iran
    07-Aug 16:00 Russia - USA

Pool F
    05-Aug 10:00 Argentina - India
    05-Aug 18:30 Brazil - Serbia
    06-Aug 12:30 Serbia - India
    06-Aug 18:30 Brazil - Argentina
    07-Aug 12:30 Argentina - Serbia
    07-Aug 18:30 India - Brazil

Pool G
    05-Aug 10:00 Japan - Canada
    05-Aug 12:30 Tunisia - Egypt
    06-Aug 12:30 Canada - Egypt
    06-Aug 16:00 Japan - Tunisia
    07-Aug 10:00 Tunisia - Canada
    07-Aug 18:30 Egypt - Japan

Pool H
    05-Aug 16:00 Puerto Rico - Germany
    05-Aug 18:30 Bulgaria - Belgium
    06-Aug 10:00 Belgium - Germany
    06-Aug 18:30 Bulgaria - Puerto Rico
    07-Aug 12:30 Puerto Rico - Belgium
    07-Aug 16:00 Germany - Bulgaria

• Witch teams do you see in semifinals guys?

Iran, Serbia, Russia and Argentina... these teams showed the most, especially Serbia and Argentina. Iran had some problems with Belgium yesterday as well as Russia vs Germany but I don't see that as problem. Iran played stunning match vs Serbia where they could win 3:0 because referee made mistake at 29:28 for Serbia in 3rd set giving them clear ace which wasn't. Russia had problems with motivation vs Germany.

As I said Serbia vs Iran was match on senior level, Argentina trashed Spain (serious opponent) and before WC beat Russia in preparation match. Russia is current euro champion, despite they're missing Nikishin they look powerful :teach: I don't give much chances to USA, Brazil, India and Spain. Teams mentioned above showed they're level above them. USA got lucky to play vs exhaused Japan in last match. Brazil didn't showed nothing special, Spain was great in matches vs PR and Tunisia but vs Argentina horrible. India could surprise due experience :rolll:

• USA, Russia, Brazil, Argentina

• USA, Russia, Brazil, Argentina

absolutely.............. and Argentinos juniors will win :drink:

...however, Serbia and Iran also have some chances to proceed :whistling: .......... mmmm but you know, it is a junior championship - everything is possible, so India and Spain are also in the game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

Edited once, last by ari ().

• I see people underestimate Serbia and Iran :obey: :whistle:

Serbian team is simply amazing, I envy Serbs such an amazing team! All the best for those guys, they're really impressive!

• The games are having simply no atendence from public here in Rio! :/

Brazilian Volley Federation made no marketing work to call public atention, no one in Rio knows that its having this tournament here, and well the time of the matches dont help, since the latest games start 18:30 during week! :/

Also no television is broadcasting the tounrament in Brasil!

Now I question myself, why the hell CBV asked to host the World Junior Championship, if they had no intention to profit with it! :down: ITs bad for the party. Maracanazinho gym its very beautitul, and would be really nice if public could show and watch the games, but no, nothing, not even public schools or kids.....simply nothing....shame on CBV!!!Once again. :down: