World Cup 2011

• I'VE BEEN THUNDERSTRUCK! But poor Serbs have been thunderstruck more than me.
    My goodness... I'm still shaking like a tree during the hurricane. Kubiak, Mr. MVP (or rather MIP :D ) & his magnificent teammates :obey: :obey: :obey:
    Sorry guys, I just can't in only a few words tell the tale about unbelievable victory over the European Champions. The fourth set almost caused the heart attack.

Firstly, I was so pissed because of this lost first set. Our guys played good but it seemed that Serbs woke up after yesterday's defeat nightmare. From the beginning Bartman played like he wanted to deserve for this MVP award from yesterday :D Now, the gentlemen experts have another headache 'cause in their opinion Bartman deserved today for MVP award. With all due respect for Zibi, but not. Kubiak won this award with just one unforgetable action.

In third set the best action was leg defense by Winiarski and after it leg defense by Zagumny and Ignaczak hitting the ball on the other side. Later Kubiak's pipe. Beautiful!
    Believe or not but Możdżonek was a good setter today :lol: Sounds like a miracle but...

Zagumny is a god of setting :obey: His set with one hand to Nowakowski who flew so high over the net and after hitting the ball he almost did a hole in the court.

And here we are in the moment which will stay in many Polish (and not only in Polish) people's minds forever... 23:20 in the fourth set. I was sure that nothing could take away the victory from us. But these broken serves by Możdżonek and Nowakowski. In such moments :aww: I thought I could kick the bucket when Serbs had a few set balls... And when I saw Kubiak chasing the ball, running outside the advertising bands, jumping on the table with these computers, hitting the ball, almost killing himself during this and coming back on the court... I stopped breathing! I thought that something happened to him. Holy shit. It was scary as hell :white: We lost this action but Michał Kubiak... God bless you for that :obey:
    Gosh. I don't know, Andrea wants to finish of our starting six or what? :P He didn't do any changes besides that after this killing action outside the court he changed Kubiak for Kurek -only for a moment, I guess to give Kubiak a break so he can remind about breathing again.

After this horror we finally won 30:28 and no doubt that this match will stay same unforgetable as match with Russians on WCh 2006. There is no proper words that can describe what happened in Japan today. And after all what I saw I can say that Kubiak - who is ready to save every ball, even at the cost of living - absolutely deserved this MVP award. Of course it's nice when experts have a problem with indicating the best player. I would wish more such problems :D

Serbs played incomparably better than yesterday. They'll be still dangerous in this tournament for their opponents but with two lost matches... Tough situation.
    Nikić - what a mustache. He looks like Don Pedro. And younger Kovacevic looks like Rumcajs :D
    I was delighted by Atanasijevic. He appeared on this court and for some time we couldn't stop him. And when I saw him clapping his hands, and his teammates started to doing the same I thought he brought some freshness, some hope and we were in big trouble... Fortunately, we managed with stimulated Serbs.

Some stats:
    25 errors on Polish side, 24 on Serbian side.
    in block - 15:14
    aces - 8:4 (and 3 made by Kubiak)

After the match interview with - guess who! - Ignaczak ofc :D
    "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen (...) I think that the ending added some adrenaline to people who supported us". Hell yeah, I would say :thumbsup:
    And motto of the day (as Swędrowski described it). Igła, asked about wonderful defense by Kubiak, said:
    "Poszedł jak dzik w żołędzie..." ("He went as a boar in acorns") :rolll:

BTW, Andrea looks almost innocent in this white t-shirt :P

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• I was watcing Serbia-Poland match.Serbia playing so bad,not only today even yesterday.I don't know what happening,but they look unwell. They do not look at the team from ECH. Kovacevic is injured, Nikic is totally out of shape,MB also...in any case congrats to Poland,I hope they will take one of the first three places :)

• Anybody else watched Brazil vs USA?

I gotta say I'm feeling let down by the americans. They pretty much depend solely on Matt Anderson to score points. Priddy and Stanley are struggling a lot. It's funny, cause Stanley can still maintain a high level as a server. But he got blocked countless, countless times. I think David Lee could've helped a bit more, but the setters weren't really considering working the MB's. I thought that was a very poor game from the americans, that had one good moment when they started serving very well in the 3rd set and, consequently, their block worked very well. But aside from that, not much going on.

In Brazil, I think we should praise good serving and good defense, also. Lucão definitely deserved receiving the MIP award. I think this is his best year playing for the NT. Vissoto amazed me as well. He couldn't help the team much in the 3rd set, but his serves were really impressive and he also improved tremendously in block, in the last set. I'm not a fan, but I think it should be said he's miles better now, comparing with how he was during the WL. Also nice game by our OH's. I'm not totally satisfied with Marlon's job, but it was enough for today.

Overall, the match wasn't very exciting, cause in all 4 sets, one team completely dominated the other. I hope the americans can improve for the rest of the tournament. They still have a clear shot at getting one of the olympic spots.

• Fukuzawa is amazing Fighter with amazing body and His voice .. I love matches in Japan with Japan's Teams and audience.

• Argentina is playing like Serbia yesterday.
    They are looking like They drunk a lot yesterday.

• Congratulations to Poland and Polish users, this was very important victory for them. I am very glad I was wrong in my prediction. :win:
    What to say about Polish team? They played well and balanced, like a team. This time I was tending more to Batrman for MVP, but since my stream for the match collapsed for a few minutes almost at the end of the fourth set and I have obviously missed the dramatic situation, which bella describes, I will satisfy with Kubiak, too :P.

And now about Serbia :aww:
    Bad, bad, bad… :S
    Two good MBs on court (Stankovic quite effective in attack) and one Miljkovic who, although a top scorer for his team, wasn’t that brilliant enough today to win the match for Serbia, Atanasijevic made a good appearance… and that’s all.
    OHs are an epic fail and I am totally sure that the only reason Kovacevic to be on the court is just because the regulation of the game doesn’t allow a team to play with five players. Too many figurants in the team of Serbia in this match – walking gentlemen. And because Kolakovic unknowingly why decided that Nikola is not enough for us, he gave us the “pleasure” to watch his brother, too :wacko: .
    Haha, about the situation when Nikic reacted to Bartman – Zbignew’s face immediately grew red ( :cursing: ) and I was 10000% sure that there will be revenge. Of course, as a very clever man Zagumny passed him the ball right in the next rally and he thrust it like a nail :lol: .
    So Poland gained very important victory against one of its direct competitors for the podium and keeps good position in the tournament. Serbia really lost almost any chance to win a quota from here, so what more to say to them? Welcome to Sofia in May :thumbsup:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Argentina is playing like Serbia yesterday.
    They are looking like They drunk a lot yesterday.

Yeah, what happened to them? I certainly didn't see that coming. After the great victory from yesterday, I actually thought Argentina could beat everyone in that part of the competition. They still can, but it doesn't look pretty.

• Japan is playing like Their Women's NT especially from the right wing is very effective and spectacular.

• No, no, no I surrender :white: :rolll:

http://www.fivb.org/visasp/Sho…?No=201137151&maxsize=500

And yesterday I thought that chosing Bartman for MVP is illogical :lol: Do these people know what MVP means? :aww:
    How is possible a team to lose a match with result 25 - 18; 25 - 20; 25 -18 and player from this team to be MVP of the match ?(

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• I always feel sorry for the Japs when they are losing. Even when they are losing to my favorite teams. Some of them, like Abe, are barely 1,80 but they always give their best and keep trying, and trying, and trying :thumbup:
    USA :thumbdown: Haven't seen the game but I'm definately disappointed in them. Stanley has lost most of his attack and is only usefull in blocking and serving. Patak is bad, and I'm being very polite saying that :D They should try smth different like playing Rooney at the opposite imo.

• No, no, no I surrender :white: :rolll:

And yesterday I thought that chosing Bartman for MVP is illogical :lol: Do these people know what MVP means? :aww:
    How is possible a team to lose a match with result 25 - 18; 25 - 20; 25 -18 and player from this team to be MVP of the match ?(

Note that it is MIP like in "most impressive player". Maybe he did impress the most from all on court :P

• Although Luciano is an amazing setter, Rodrigo deserves today's MIP.
    In the 2nd and 3rd set, Argentina were not themselves. Facu could hardly win one point, Pereyra was substituted at an early time. Most points were won by Quiroga.
    According to the statistics, Quiroga spiked 13 points out of 24 attempts, winning a 54% success at the top of the whole team. He received 46 times, more than half of the whole team, and achieved 43% excellent receptions. He won a lot of difficult rallies and 3 brilliant blocks, two of which were at essential moments in the tiebreaker.
    He really should be named MIP today.

• Although Luciano is an amazing setter, Rodrigo deserves today's MIP.
    In the 2nd and 3rd set, Argentina were not themselves. Facu could hardly win one point, Pereyra was substituted at an early time. Most points were won by Quiroga.
    According to the statistics, Quiroga spiked 13 points out of 24 attempts, winning a 54% success at the top of the whole team. He received 46 times, more than half of the whole team, and achieved 43% excellent receptions. He won a lot of difficult rallies and 3 brilliant blocks, two of which were at essential moments in the tiebreaker.
    He really should be named MIP today.

De Cecco was quite poor today, probably his worst match since I'm watching him as a setter. ;) sometimes he looked confused and lost.

• God, how happy I'm right now! I don't know how I managed to see this match, but it happened and I'm sooooo delighted with this victory :D Last time I was so elated with our victory when we played against Russia on ECh. Even though it's still an early stage of the tournament this win means a lot to me, we defeated ECh Champion- Serbia and brought Nikić to heel :D
    Seriously this man is pissing me off so much! Even Spiridonov isn't so annoying as this guy! I was almost as red as Zibi, when I saw this guy celebrating points! God, it was so frustrating to watch him, let alone to be there, on Zibi's place :D Thank God our setter is a clever guy, he clearly knew what to do :P

First of- I was just astonished by Bartman in this 1st set. He had 100% of efficiency!!! Shocking! :D Obviously it couldn't last too long, then in next sets he got seriously blocked couple of times, and his efficiency dropped from 100% to 53 I guess...or something close to that.

Another solid match by Winiarski and middles. Well...maybe Nowakowski wasn't so impressive as yesterday, but he was doing good job anyway :) Zagumny :obey: :obey: Classy as always.

And Kubiak. Maybe I forgot to mention some other guys, but I really wanted to quickly move to Michał. What the heck has he done?! Have you seen this...I mean...I don't even know how to say it, but I'm sure you guys know what I mean :D This defense obviously! :obey: :obey:
    He demolished this table! It was just insane!!! Serbians mad, trying to say the referee that we made a mistake, then the ball went to Winiarski and...he got blocked. Why, oh why do we always have to be blocked/make a mistake after an amazing action in defense?
    Nevermind, it was just amazing, I literally looked like that ---> :what: and then :obey: and then :wall:
    Very exciting match, I was really close to heart attack at the end of 4th set, but we managed to win this and I was just delighted :D
    Good job guys! Tomorrow Argentina! I'm expecting a good battle, hopefully we'll be able to win it!

No, no, no I surrender :white: :rolll:

No, they don't know what MVP means, it's too confusing for them to choose the BEST player on the court, so they have decided to make a MIP award, which means something like Most Impressive Player :lol: