2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Impossible to challenge that because it's in the referee's measure, just like for example technique calls.

Congrats to Poland, for me the victory was deserved. For German team with such weak players like Westphal and Böhme even 4th place is a sensation.

I want to congratulate German team. Nobody expected they would reach semi's :flower:

• i could not watch the BRA X FRA match today, but i'm really pissed at fivb for this stupid format. i wanted FRA to meet BRA only in the final. this is ridiculous, i mean, if both teams won their groups, they should not be meeting in the semis, right? if they had used a QF system. we'd had in the QF: FRA X CAN, POL X GER, BRA x USA, RUS x IRN.

of course, just as the olympics showed, being first in the group doesn't guarantee you'll be in the final 4 but this 3rd round system is stupid.

so heartbroken for FRA, i hope we can see the match soon if someone will upload it on YT.

• We're in Final :dance4: it'll be repeat from 2006 but I hope that Poland will be better :roll: so Polsat will show this game :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• @ Polish users

Why is Winiarski on bench ???

he is after injury (or rather he still has injury, but he play as much as he can, I suppose), tonight he has problem with reception. He cannot find himself after this injury (or he still has it - only team know)

Their way to the final was like a torture.

yes, it was, they had literally everything against them - federation, luck, sometimes even referees (playing as a hosts! :what: )

So as bad as this match was (probably the worst one aside from this with Italy), I'm not saying a word. These boys are heros, I'm so proud.

But I'm too exhausted to feel happiness, probably tomorrow.

the ball in 2nd set was clearly on our side, but you know, if someone is not objective here, it's for sure me

I think this was more about nerves than them being tired. This is still young, unexperienced team.

• Winiarski has played great matches so far in the tournament. He and Wlazly are the absolute leaders of the team. Today he saved 1st set for Polish team :win: So, though his injury, he is very important for the team :teach:

• Whole match PL vs GER in HD to watch online (Polish audio):

Introduction: http://www.firedrive.com/file/DEDF915ACF96B2FB
    First set: http://www.firedrive.com/file/41AF6B0DBF435BCD
    Second set: http://www.firedrive.com/file/E3A51BEB4452FF74
    Third set: http://www.firedrive.com/file/53FD23081E087F19
    Fourth set: http://www.firedrive.com/file/37AD577F5B10CA54

Seriously, there is no need to dowloand it if you want to watch it. It's online, just like on YouTube.

• Polish players look exhausted. If they face Brazil tomorrow, they will be crushed.

Don't underestimate our physios ;) At one point Winiarski couldn't even walk and had tears in his eyes out of fear of the tournament being over for him. I actually suspect they're the main reason why Wlazły's doing so well. He seems brilliantly prepared for the toughest matches.

• Someone in Brazilian media stated that this is the final that should've happened in the London OG hadn't Poland screwed up and Russia started winning everything. Kinda makes sense. Rivalry between both teams erupted in 2012, when Poland managed to beat Brazil tons of times during the WL. Makes me excited for tomorrow, but also scared as hell Brazil will lose yet another final. Had the situation been different, I wouldn't be sad if Poland won. But Brazil hasn't won anything important in so long and we're soooo close yet again. Whoever wins, though, I'm glad both teams deserve to be in the finals as they've shown such a huge fighting spirit through the whole thing. (geez, I'm way too emotional about this :aww:) I'm glad the tournament is gearing up to end too, I'm a wreck. :gone:

• Any types for individual awards tomorrow guys? :D

MVP & Best OP: Wlazły
    OHs: Lucarelli and Kaliberda (it's possible because they're the best spikers in ranking); Kaliberda can be replaced by N'gapeth
    MBs: Mousavi and Muserskiy (first is best blocker, 2nd is best server); Muserskiy can be replaced by Lucas
    S: Marouf ?( (I wouldn't give it for Kampa, though he's leader in ranking :wacko: )
    L: Grebennikov

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

OHs: Lucarelli and Kaliberda (it's possible because they're the best spikers in ranking); Kaliberda can be replaced by N'gapeth
    MBs: Mousavi and Muserskiy (first is best blocker, 2nd is best server); Muserskiy can be replaced by Lucas
    S: Marouf ?( (I wouldn't give it for Kampa, though he's leader in ranking :wacko: )

I like this list, although I would give best setter to either Bruno or Fabian (whoever wins the final), their numbers are not good but that's just because both teams have backup setter-opposite play regularly in each set, which definitely dilutes their numbers.

I agree with u Kondzio :drink:
    but i'd like to see lucarelli as VMP if Brazil win tomorrow :thumbup:
    i'm still perturbed with sano as MVP of WGP instead of Jaque or Garay :gone: :gone: :gone:

• I agree with u Kondzio :drink:
    but i'd like to see lucarelli as VMP if Brazil win tomorrow :thumbup:
    i'm still perturbed with sano as MVP of WGP instead of Jaque or Garay :gone: :gone: :gone:

I agree with José on Lucarelli being MVP if Brazil wins. In that case, my list would be:

MVP: Lucarelli
    OP: Wlazly
    S: Bruno
    OHs: Lucarelli and N'Gapeth
    MBs: Mousavi and Sidão
    L: Zatorski (or Grebennikov)

• Someone in Brazilian media stated that this is the final that should've happened in the London OG hadn't Poland screwed up and Russia started winning everything. Kinda makes sense. Rivalry between both teams erupted in 2012, when Poland managed to beat Brazil tons of times during the WL. Makes me excited for tomorrow, but also scared as hell Brazil will lose yet another final. Had the situation been different, I wouldn't be sad if Poland won.

there was this joke after matches today in Polish TV, that you guys stole trophy (it was stolen in Brasil few months ago), because you were afraid to lose :lol:

(geez, I'm way too emotional about this :aww:) I'm glad the tournament is gearing up to end too, I'm a wreck. :gone:

I can't sleep and eat since the match with USA. Imagine playing FOUR tie-break in raw :lol: These idiots :heart: :aww: I thought they were going for tie-break AGAIN today. My heart has some serious demage already.

I have to say that I kept my finger crossed for France today, they were playing so well and went through so much in this tournament :obey: I was kind of hoping that Polish audience chearing for them will help them out... I have my fingers crossed for them tomorrow. They sure as hell deserve medal. Amazing championship for them

when it comes to Poland-Brasil let the better win (and God let the better be Poland :lol: )

• Just a few quick updates about the World Rankings after the WCH.

1. Brazil is still World No. 1! Yes, Russia failed to fill the gap of 23 pts. Now that they ended #5 (62) and Brazil need only 90 to survive, that is the point for a finalist.

2. Poland will go back to World #3, just like what they achieved after 2011 WCup.

3. Next year's World Cup commences really early so seemingly there won't be qualification tournaments (continental championships), instead, top 2 in WR of each continent will advance to World Cup. Rumor has that Brazil as the host of 2016 OG will forfeit the WCup, in which case vice-champion of WCH will qualify. So Poland are in the WCup next year.

4. Germany's bronze match will influence three teams' rankings, if they win, Germany will be #7, followed by Serbia and Bulgaria. However if they lose, they'll be #9 after the other two.

5. France unfortunately will not make it to Top 10 given their failure in the semifinal. Iran and Cuba will be in front of them. (Yes, Cuba are WR #11 now)

• Have to be seriously sth not completely right with me after all this tournament long 'cause I was laughing the whole match :what: Probably, I need a psychiatrist, from tomorrow, please :sos:
    :D
    Seriously, I expected tough game but there were some moments when it looked like the action took place in a kindergarten :rolll: I mean it. The ending of second set was beyond being ridiculous. And all these 5-6 points o advantages and suddenly we have fight for live and death in the end of every set. Geez, this was absorbing, really :D Scary and funny in the same time. A perfect match to entertain me :D though Antiga called it our ugliest match. I'm that silly right now I can't even note it somehow that we already have a medal and will be fighting for the most precious one! I LOVE THESE GUYS SO FREAKIN' MUCH! :flower:
    Wlazły is like the beast released from the cage after VERY long time :obey: No words proper for this. He's literally rockin' the volley world again and sayin' it was so incomplete without him. Can't believe he's 8 years older, he enjoys it like a kid :D No matter what is gonna happen, he's in my dream team together with Lucarelli and Grebennikov. For the rest of positions I'll wait for the end of tournament ;)
    Oh, and talking about Wlazły and his delicious defense by leg somewhere close to tables: zczuba.pl, portal which writes about football ask the question if Wlazły could play also against Germans on October 11 at the National Stadium, because we have no such big problem of wealth in defense... :whistling: :D
    And how cool was that when in after-match interview Mariusz said: "I'm sorry to say this but maybe you'll at least uncode the final?" :rolll: :obey:
    Don't know where and when this guy became my fav. Always appreciated as a player in purely sporting aspect. Now totally lovable as a person. Deserved fully after being black sheep for many years. I hope he'll play COSMOS in the final. He's pumped to the limits, that I can only thank our physios and coaches ofc :rose:

KEEP IT GOIN', GUYS! FOR THE GOLD! :super:

EDIT. Forgot to add that I was terrified like hell when I saw this ekhm... psycho mr ref from Iran will be the 2nd arbiter :what: :aww: :sos: I swea my eyes were bigger than his for a moment of shock!

PS. Zatorski receiving 131km/h serve by Grozer :obey: :obey:

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• A good league determines almost everything. And if comes to a real power of nations I think it looks like this:

1. Brazil and Russia
    3. Italy and Poland
    5. Serbia, USA and Bulgaria
    8. Argentina, Cuba, France, Germany and Iran

And I'm not talking about some temporary shape.