2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• It seems that Poland will start tomorrow with line-up:
    Zagumny - Mika - Nowakowski - Wlazły - Winiarski - Kłos - Zatorski (L)

Polish team had training on national stadium yesterday and because of this Serbian coach Igor Kolakovic got upset... he compared us to Russians becuase of uneven chances before match...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Australian roster

ZINGEL, Aidan (C)
    PEACOCK, Harry
    EDGAR, Tom
    SUKOCHEV, Grigory
    WHITE, Adam
    ROBERTS, Nathan
    MOTE, Nehemiah
    SMITH, Luke
    CARROLL, Paul
    DOUGLAS-POWELL, Tom
    PASSIER, Travis
    PERRY, Luke (L)

Peacock, Roberts and Passier are back :whistle:

Polish team had training on national stadium yesterday and because of this Serbian coach Igor Kolakovic got upset... he compared us to Russians becuase of uneven chances before match...

Serbs also should be given chance to pratice on national stadium..

• Serbs also should be given chance to pratice on national stadium..

Both teams will train here today, but Polish staff insisted on additional training yesterday too... and it ended up with this eventually :whistle:

• I don't get it why Uriarte didn't bring 2 more players... anyway I'm happy that Peacock is back ^^ Passier seemed to be quite weak so he'll probably stay on bench. Anyway, Edgar will be driving force of team :wavy:

It has to be Ignaczak! No other option. Got a hunch this six says nothing. Don't like things turning out to be predictable so let all media speculate and in the end it will be Drzyzga and Ignaczak :P

PS. I'm curious what would Kolakovic do if Serbs would be on our place. Maybe count every minute of training both teams have on stadium? Btw did Kolakovic know our guys already had training on national stadium a year ago? :gone:

• Uriarte Didn't bring more players due to money, the FIVB makes it very expensive to have the 13th and 14th player. So the countries with less money will probably only bring 12 players. It is a little unfair from the FIVB really, should be the same for everyone.

FIVB has a surcharge to register the 13th and 14th players? Isn't a 14-player squad in regulation rather than a privilege?

• FIVB has a surcharge to register the 13th and 14th players? Isn't a 14-player squad in regulation rather than a privilege?

That sounds weird and actually, i can't believe it. If true, what would be next? An extra-charge for using your 2nd time-out ?(

• Hi guys,

I heard that the Polish TV will broadcast the WCh as a pay-per-view service. Will that affect only the Polish viewership and what will the situation be with the live online streams?

I'm hoping that Laola1 will broadcast it but there's nothing on their website at the moment.

Do you know any other high-quality streams (Sopcast, etc.?) that can be used?

Thanks!

• Good news for me. They announced this evening that http://www.sportdeutschland.tv will stream ALL matches of WCH. :cheesy:
    I cant say much about the quality yet, so we will see.

The bad news for you is, that it will be for sure restricted to german IPs only. You might try via VPN or something what delivers you a german IP. :whistle:

• Hi, trig. There is some paradox in this case. Apparently, other countries will have broadcast for free on their TVs. Poles will have to pay. LOL. Not everyone in Poland have to pay, though. For example, if someone has a decoder of digital Polsat can watch every match for free, we have 4 special channels opened specially on WCh: Polsat Volleyball 1,2,3 and 4. Only the first one will be in HD and there we'll see the most important matches and all matches of Polish NT. Don't know how it will look like online. For sure people will do everything to "smuggle" the broadcast to the network just to play on the Polsat's nose. And I hope it will be possible to find any broadcast you want, of any match.

It is confirmed that RaiSport will broadcast matches, for sure matches of Italian NT and some more but which one exactly - donnu. There will be plenty possibilities to watch the matches on Arabic channels also (eg. beIN Sports). I guess there will be some broadcast on Russian channels. I guess we can all find on the Internet. But the biggest question is exactly about the quality.

No info about Laola so I quess they won't show it...

EDIT. And if we talk about Bulgarian tv I just read that the rights to broadcast has Nova Sport, not BNT.

It's in polish, but we can follow the updates: http://mymedia.blox.pl/2014/08…owce-2014-za-darmo-z.html

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited 2 times, last by bella ().

• Ignaczak and Wrona are out of match 12 for today...