2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Germany is winning 3:0 (-18, 18,-17)
    That was a very relaxed match and in large parts it was very nice to see this team playing. Hope they take care and dont get overly confident. Turkey tomorrow will be a more dificult task than todays Estonia. But coach and team look like they know what they are doing.

Heynen made some changes and Schoeps played for Grozer, Collien for Broshog. Kuehner got some playing time as well. He is a good blocker and server. I guess thats the reason Heynen took him, instaed of Steuerwald.

Best scorer: Kaliberda (16 points, 74% attack) :obey: His development is so great, and i am really starting becoming euphoric about him :cheesy:

stats: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=26241

• Hi guys,

what do you think about Croatia vs Turkey game? I would like to bet on Croatians and I am surprised with the odds show Turkey as a favourite (1,57 compared to 2,35 on CRO). Last year CRO won all their 5 meetings. What is the reason to put Turkey as a favourite? Turkish crowd in Germany? What do you think?

Cheers

• Deserved victory for Bulgaria. Big blocking show :thumbup: . Physically, Bulagaria were all over the Dutch.
    That was good old men's volleyball. No floats, hardly any tipping of ball. Not very pleasant to watch for a neutral, but anyway......

I like watching athletic sports. Do you not like NBA for example? We had a lot of great attacks, serves and blocks today, also some very good ralies :)

• Ukraine's Teams in Russian A League give more experience to NT.

Only 1 Team from 2nd places can steal ticket. How does look Ukraine's chances?

• Belgium lost first set against Belarus.
    Still I'm a little less pessimistic than yesterday because Deroo and Derkoningen are playing a lot better than yesterday.

Belgium Takes second set.... pffff
    Hope Van Walle remains in the line-up in the next set, Van den Dries was playing without confidence.

• Belgium lost first set against Belarus.
    Still I'm a little less pessimistic than yesterday because Deroo and Derkoningen are playing a lot better than yesterday.

Belgium Takes second set.... pffff
    Hope Van Walle remains in the line-up in the next set, Van den Dries was playing without confidence.

Belgium also takes 3th set: Van Walle and Van de Voorde brought our team a lot more confidence.
    This is more and more the level of play from last EC.
    Com' on, one more set!

• Belgium also takes 3th set: Van Walle and Van de Voorde brought our team a lot more confidence.
    This is more and more the level of play from last EC.
    Com' on, one more set!

Belgium takes the match in 4 sets!
    4th set: overall solid performance by the Belgian team. Just need a little less serve errors. Block defense was excellent.

Ok, Belgium looks ready for a fight tommorow - advantage still for French team.
    Hope Bayens starts with Van Walle on opposite position.

• Hi guys,

what do you think about Croatia vs Turkey game? I would like to bet on Croatians and I am surprised with the odds show Turkey as a favourite (1,57 compared to 2,35 on CRO). Last year CRO won all their 5 meetings. What is the reason to put Turkey as a favourite? Turkish crowd in Germany? What do you think?

Cheers

Odds were right :rolleyes:

Turkish team young and and playing in a competitive league for a long time. Also the reason of the defeats last year was Veljko Basic and his stupid roster choice. Zanini is doing a better job by mixing promising youngster with experienced ones. Moreover Zanini is much more intervening into game during timeouts :thumbup: Most important improvement in the team is letting Emre Batur play in his real position-MB. His contribution at block was decisive in this match :obey: Main problem in team is mental issues, additionally they don't seem to get along well with each other. Whenever someone makes a mistake others looked him with monster face :what: Ulaş Kıyak, Emre Batur, Serhat Coskun and Burutay Subaşı have the quality to play on international level whereas rest is in a lower level unfortunately :thumbdown:

Raiç was disappointing today, why doesn't Omrcen play?

• Odds were right :rolleyes:

Turkish team young and and playing in a competitive league for a long time. Also the reason of the defeats last year was Veljko Basic and his stupid roster choice. Zanini is doing a better job by mixing promising youngster with experienced ones. Moreover Zanini is much more intervening into game during timeouts :thumbup: Most important improvement in the team is letting Emre Batur play in his real position-MB. His contribution at block was decisive in this match :obey: Main problem in team is mental issues, additionally they don't seem to get along well with each other. Whenever someone makes a mistake others looked him with monster face :what: Ulaş Kıyak, Emre Batur, Serhat Coskun and Burutay Subaşı have the quality to play on international level whereas rest is in a lower level unfortunately :thumbdown:

Raiç was disappointing today, why doesn't Omrcen play?

Transferring an Italian coach is always a good decision (except Chiappini of course :lol: )...So, good decision by Turkish Federation :win:

Bulgaria is leading 2:0, second 27:25 to Bulgaria. Netherlands is serving ace or out and from the middle of second set they were successful and managed to take Sokolov out of match. If they can maintain that level in servive they still might stand a chance.

Sokolov wasn't really taken out, the whole Bulgarian team stopped playing for a few points. The only surprise came from Kooy's pipes, Bulgaria still took control of the situation. Sokolov was actually good yesterday, he wasn't making his usual mistakes.

The upset of the evening came from Poprad. I would never expect Ukraine to win in straight sets against the hosts. A pretty tough moment for Slovakia, Finland with very good chances now due to a nerve-racking 3-1 win over Greece. The fourth set was epic.

• Ukrainas win is not so surprising when u take Kmet.Kohut.Skladany,Chrtiansky,Divis are all injured..on the other way they were playing bad..libero is so weak but there is nobody to change him, maybe only Hupka..also both setters are,weaker than Masny..but it was their life chance for WCH.

• I would like do the this Slovakia team on Wch, good group of players that considering their age hardely will get another chance like this, and now even with a straight win it will be pretty tough, anyway, if Ukraine make it i won't dislike anyhow :)

But if i could point out something is that i just DO NOT WANT to see France or Belgium out, i just love these teams :super:

• Ukrainas win is not so surprising when u take Kmet.Kohut.Skladany,Chrtiansky,Divis are all injured..on the other way they were playing bad..libero is so weak but there is nobody to change him, maybe only Hupka..also both setters are,weaker than Masny..but it was their life chance for WCH.

I didn't know about their problems, but it didn't seem to be the cause of issues when they beat twice 3-0 the Czech Rep. in the friendlies and Greece at the beginning of the qualies. They have a huge advantage playing at home, should've taken more from Ukraine. Now it all seems very illusive. I am saying all this because I like the Slovakian team, wanted them to be the surprise of the tournament in Poprad. Nothing against Finland, though :)

• Hello Poland :wavy: , Germany is on the way :cheesy:
    3:0 versus Turkey. I will write more later.
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=26244

Great match right now in Paris. Belgium is taking the first set. Very hot athmosphere. A lot of controversies and talking :thumbup:

• what a match in Paris :obey:

In deed... Both teams are playing for their lives. Hope the ref can stand the pressure. I still see some cards coming. France is taking second set.

• Belgian fans doing as amazing as the team !!

ukraine wasting its chance to make it, now it's all up to Slovakia ....

• Congrats to Belgium :thumbsup: They really deserved it

now let's see if they let France to qualify or not. now it's between France and Netherlands.

• Bulgaria is behind vs Czechs in second set?! Does someone know, what result is needed for them to qualify?

Belgium is taking the third set 25:17. I want to see five..........

• Bulgaria is behind vs Czechs in second set?! Does someone know, what result is needed for them to qualify?

Belgium is taking the third set 25:17. I want to see five..........

They are already qualified, 1st set was enough for them