2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Turnaround in Grebennikov's case. He might be ready for Argentina :rolll: this morning Jenia was surely out, now he is almost starter :D

It's like a mess :whistle: he had written before that finger is not broken, so it seemed that he'll be ready. Later You gave the news from Tillie that he's out and he can be ready for Argentina eventually :whistle: maybe it was just a fairytale by French head coach... I know that it looked seriously, but it turned to be not so serious as expected ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• WCH is over for Ivan Zaytsev. He will leave Poland and he will go to Rome.

Source: volleyball.it

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• WCH is over for Ivan Zaytsev. He will leave Poland and he will go to Rome.

Source: volleyball.it

Could you please share what exactly happened to Ivan? Is it known already? I feel so sorry for him, hopefully he recovers as soon as possible!

• Could you please share what exactly happened to Ivan? Is it known already? I feel so sorry for him, hopefully he recovers as soon as possible!

It seems like he sprained his ankle

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• It seems like he sprained his ankle

Polish media claim that it's sprained ankle :wavy:

• at least 4 got injured: Yosifov (ankle, serious), Bruno (hand, minor), Zaytsev (ankle, quite serious) and Grebennikov (hand, not so serious)

any other players ?(

• -I hope people will stop calling De Cecco as the best setter of the world. He is too inconsistent to be the best.
    -In contrast Bruno is showing how essential he is for Brasil's success.
    -There are rumors that Zaytsev's fame and celebrity status is creating problems for this Italian team and they aren't acting as an unit. Travica said:"I know what happened, but I do not speak now". Is there any problem between Travica and Zaytsev?
    -USA needs to decide how they are going to use Anderson, as an OH or OPP?

• -I hope people will stop calling De Cecco as the best setter of the world. He is too inconsistent to be the best.
    -There are rumors that Zaytsev's fame and celebrity status is creating problems for this Italian team and they aren't acting as an unit. Travica said:"I know what happened, but I do not speak now". Is there any problem between Travica and Zaytsev?
    -USA needs to decide how they are going to use Anderson, as an OH or OPP?

I think the problem is that Zaytsev doesn't want to play as OH cause he doesn't want to receive and he is acting like a "male diva". He is very full of himself IMO

• I think the problem is that Zaytsev doesn't want to play as OH cause he doesn't want to receive and he is acting like a "male diva". He is very full of himself IMO

Yes another rumor is; Berruto wanted Zaytsev to play as OH but Zaytsev refused to do it. Zaytsev's 'victory' damaged Berruto's authority over the team.
    Berruto already let Zaytsev and co decide who will play in Italian NT. If you are going to give some players too many concessions, it is inevitable you will lose control .

• I think the problem is that Zaytsev doesn't want to play as OH cause he doesn't want to receive and he is acting like a "male diva". He is very full of himself IMO

Male diva :rolll: anyway he didn't shine in Poland and Italians are in trouble, I wonder how they will play without him - maybe it'll lok better paradoxically...

and agree that Berruto could've lost control over team because of Zaytsev, maybe it's time to get rid of him ?(

• ]By the way , how lucky we are to be able to watch 'great' Muzersky. He is such a legend :obey:

Muserskiy is just a monster on his position and he uses his physcial conditions in great way - he's complete MB who made a show as OP in Olympic Games' Final :thumbsup: he's not only effective but also spectacular - nothing more to say :D it's such a pleasure to admire him :roll:

I don't know if you're referring only to NT performances, but if you do, there is the detail of... you know... that Bruno plays for a far better team. I would like to see Bruno setting for Argentina :whistle:

• I don't know if you're referring only to NT performances, but if you do, there is the detail of... you know... that Bruno plays for a far better team. I would like to see Bruno setting for Argentina :whistle:

Bruno was significantly higher than Raphael in NT.
    Not a setter whatever.
    Is more difficult to be decisive when you have a competition with another great setter and despite this Bruno has proven to be indispensable.

De Cecco is second line to Uriarte.......

• De Cecco is second line to Uriarte.......

Yeah, because Uriarte is so bad :rolleyes:

IMO De Cecco is not starting only because he was taken as a scapegoat for the disaster of Argentina in 2013 and because he was Weber's captain (hint: our players hated Weber at the end). He was out of shape and fat last year, now he's back to normal, but Velasco still prefers Nicolás. Just a matter of taste, not level.

• Yeah, because Uriarte is so bad :rolleyes:

IMO De Cecco is not starting only because he was taken as a scapegoat for the disaster of Argentina in 2013 and because he was Weber's captain (hint: our players hated Weber at the end). He was out of shape and fat last year, now he's back to normal, but Velasco still prefers Nicolás. Just a matter of taste, not level.

Uriarte is not bad...but Raphael is much better :D :D