World Grand Prix 2012

• The match between thailand and turkey will be really great to watch :dance6: its sure that turkey is on another level from thailand but on the otherhand it seems turkey have some trouble playing against asian fast game style(what is so common between european teams)so i guess the match wont be so easy ,thailand probably force its limit to win this game

• Laola will broadcast all matches of final round :thumbsup:

Good news! Thank goodness for Laola! :thumbsup: :woohoo: I hope they're going to stream the games in London. (Wishful thinking) :roll:

• The match between thailand and turkey will be really great to watch :dance6: its sure that turkey is on another level from thailand but on the otherhand it seems turkey have some trouble playing against asian fast game style(what is so common between european teams)so i guess the match wont be so easy ,thailand probably force its limit to win this game

yes right but we are used to asian volley a litle more than before after having faced Japan and Korea at first round.. :P :D

• yes right but we are used to asian volley a litle more than before after having faced Japan and Korea at first round.. :P :D

What result do u suppose about this game? And dont get me wrong but without yeong kim korea's level is really disaster so its not worth to win them this situation :thumbsup:

• What result do u suppose about this game? And dont get me wrong but without yeong kim korea's level is really disaster so its not worth to win them this situation :thumbsup:

im not talkin about team's power or playing without best players, i mean being used to the way they play:Fast game,variations etc..for example Japan's defence was great at firs set when we met them.Of course we still need to face asian teams more.
    about result:i think 3-1 Turkey... (ofc ourse everthing is possible in volleyball we should be careful)

• I'm pretty concerned about some injuries the players could possibly take due to the insane game schedule ... I hope everyone keeps being healthy, please no injuries anymore...Only one month left for the olympic games!

• I honestly think that this Grand Prix sealed Harmotto's trip to London games. She is such an exciting player, a prospect for USA volleyball. She and Akinradewo, in my opinion, will be the starters for USA in London. Who would have thought? Both of them played against each other some 3 -4 years back in one of US NCAA's most decorated rivalries (Penn State-Stanford).. 3rd MB spot might go to Bown or Scott..(But Im secretly hoping its Bown..)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

To be fair, I haven't seen Turkey play that much but I don't think they are on another level from Thailand. Thailand has improved by leaps and bounds and I truly think they deserved to be in the final round regardless of the "easy" schedule they had in the preliminaries.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I agree with jist. Harmotto has played just an amazing volleyball so far and If everything goes well, She will be playing as starter in London. I've never expected it since as everyone knows US has very strong MBs such as Akinradewo, Bown, Tamas, Scott and so on. She absolutely deserves her place. I just can say What a poor girl Tamas is... She can possibly have place in another teams but her country has better MBs than her...so what a pity for her. Honestly speaking, After Beijing, I completely thought She and Akinradewo would play as starters and Bown & Scott were going to retired... Maybe I was so wrong about it :thumbsup:

• But what do you think about the decrease of Akinradewo's performance this year? I mean still she is great but not as outstanding as she was last year. Would weak season with Krasnodar be reason? ?(

• But what do you think about the decrease of Akinradewo's performance this year? I mean still she is great but not as outstanding as she was last year. Would weak season with Krasnodar be reason? ?(

I think her connection with Berg was not so good in this tournament, in block she still was really good. 2 years ago when Akinradewo was MVP of GP, Glass was the setter, so maybe she can play better with her than with Berg, but I'm sure they'll work hard on it until OG.

• I'm pretty concerned about some injuries the players could possibly take due to the insane game schedule ... I hope everyone keeps being healthy, please no injuries anymore...Only one month left for the olympic games!

yes, that also worries me, and I think also McCutcheon though about that not taking some if his main players..I hope nothing goes wrong, but is really hard calendar, as always with FIVB.

Her season in Krasnodar was both good and bad, she was best spiker even if her team was horrible in reception and their setters played also really bad (Startseva injured almost whole season). She had big problems with blocking though, which was her strenght before so a bit confusing.

• yes, that also worries me, and I think also McCutcheon though about that not taking some if his main players..I hope nothing goes wrong, but is really hard calendar, as always with FIVB.

I think his decision is right, not taking any risks and letting new players play. I was kinda surprised at Richards's great performances. I always knew that She was a stable receiver however played very well both in attack and defense. Is there any chance Richards going to London? not so easy I assume...

• I agree with jist. Harmotto has played just an amazing volleyball so far and If everything goes well, She will be playing as starter in London. I've never expected it since as everyone knows US has very strong MBs such as Akinradewo, Bown, Tamas, Scott and so on. She absolutely deserves her place. I just can say What a poor girl Tamas is... She can possibly have place in another teams but her country has better MBs than her...so what a pity for her. Honestly speaking, After Beijing, I completely thought She and Akinradewo would play as starters and Bown & Scott were going to retired... Maybe I was so wrong about it :thumbsup:

Whether Harmotto makes it on the USA's roster for London or not, I will continue to be inspired by her determination. For someone who had an injury a year ago, it was such an incredible come back. I just love her.

USA still has other capable MBs like Gibbmeyer, Arielle Wilson..

But what do you think about the decrease of Akinradewo's performance this year? I mean still she is great but not as outstanding as she was last year. Would weak season with Krasnodar be reason? ?(

I don't think there was a decrease in her performance. Maybe her connection with Berg has been a little rough but I believe she will be back..hopefully in time for London Games.

• I think his decision is right, not taking any risks and letting new players play. I was kinda surprised at Richards's great performances. I always knew that She was a stable receiver however played very well both in attack and defense. Is there any chance Richards going to London? not so easy I assume...

Kristin Richards' peformance vs Serbia and Thailand clearly brought her back to contention for that London Spot. IMHO, this will be USA's London roster:

OH - Tom, Larson, Hodge
    Opp - Hooker, Haneef-Park/Metcalf
    MB - Akinradewo, Harmotto, Bown/Scott-Arruda
    Setter - Berg, Glass/Thompson
    L- Davis

Only 1 player remaining to complete the 12...In my opinion its going to be either Miyashiro, Richards or Barboza...

• Foluke's connection with Berg is the real issue. She want the ball high and fast since she jumps so high but Berg's sets are quite low since she used to sets average jumpers. Foluke's block is not so good though. Surely she gets a lot of touches but she's not converting it to points. I hope she could bring back her 2010 blocking form.

By the way, this could be the last NT appearance of Foluke since she's planning to go back to med school in Stanford. Club team is quite hard to leave since it will be the main source of her tuition fee. Stanford is pretty expensive as you know.

• By the way, this could be the last NT appearance of Foluke since she's planning to go back to med school in Stanford. Club team is quite hard to leave since it will be the main source of her tuition fee. Stanford is pretty expensive as you know.

Or better put it, Med School (regardless of which University) is expensive. That may hold her Foluke's plan..But I wish her the best!

my London american starters for gold :
    Berg - Hooker - Akinradewo - Larson - Logan - Davis .
    + Harmotto as 1st from the bench.

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• Actually i dont like the player whose games are based mainly on their athtletism.( exception for Cuban players but a little :cheesy: )
    btw, we dont have to think about who to be starter in the American Nt..they have enough players.. ;)