World Grand Prix 2012

• To be fair, I haven't seen Turkey play that much but I don't think they are on another level from Thailand. Thailand has improved by leaps and bounds and I truly think they deserved to be in the final round regardless of the "easy" schedule they had in the preliminaries.

Ahh nah saying turkey is not different from thailand sounds odd
    Being improved last years doesnt mean that ur good team now ,yep thailand makes amazing defenses but their attacking is really weak if u compare them with turkey

• Matthias

Very intresting what u wrote about the cuban players, that they should be able to play abroad, I hope its true ofc. Even if I dont understand why because they didnt qualified for OG ?( I wonder if it will be the same as before, when they let players like Mireya Luis play in Italy but only let her keep 10% of the salary.

• Foluke's connection with Berg is the real issue. She want the ball high and fast since she jumps so high but Berg's sets are quite low since she used to sets average jumpers. Foluke's block is not so good though. Surely she gets a lot of touches but she's not converting it to points. I hope she could bring back her 2010 blocking form.

By the way, this could be the last NT appearance of Foluke since she's planning to go back to med school in Stanford. Club team is quite hard to leave since it will be the main source of her tuition fee. Stanford is pretty expensive as you know.

WTF are u saying? Foluke is very impressive and the connection with the setter is very good! She is the stronger USA's middle blocker

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• WTF are u saying? Foluke is very impressive and the connection with the setter is very good! She is the stronger USA's middle blocker

I hate to admit it but its true. Berg and Foluke can't find their rythm. I remember Berg setting her 4-5 low balls during the WGP. Their slide is exceptional of course, but the middle attack, not so good. As much as I love Berg she has to try to connect with Foluke, because that's the height she reaches when she spikes, she can't hit lower balls. But we'll see...

• I believe it... Foluke hits more slides, it is normal!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Foluke's connection with Berg is the real issue. She want the ball high and fast since she jumps so high but Berg's sets are quite low since she used to sets average jumpers. Foluke's block is not so good though. Surely she gets a lot of touches but she's not converting it to points. I hope she could bring back her 2010 blocking form.

By the way, this could be the last NT appearance of Foluke since she's planning to go back to med school in Stanford. Club team is quite hard to leave since it will be the main source of her tuition fee. Stanford is pretty expensive as you know.

I agree. But I'm sad about Foluke leaving NT. She is very good, great performance even without the connection with Berg.

• Such schedule is not humane ! :white:
    They want to destroy the players... ;(

We have to care about women! :rose:

A schedule just like this before the OG is pathetic!!!
    By the way is there any chance for sykora to go to the OG?
    i believe USA as a huge chance to win the gold medal and it's just sad (in case they win) that she'll not be a part of it...

• Brazil's schedule for final round couldn't be worse.

I hope we could show some improvement in the final round of the WGP. We need to improve in every aspect of the game, especially service reception and counter-attacks.

In my opinion, Brazil's team has conditions of beating every team in the final round, but they are not favourites, if we lose or play a 5-set match, it won't be a surprise at all.

• USA will play with the same players of the 3rd leg

• Foluke will stop to play in NT, but continue to play in clubs?

I didnt understand :S If she wanna study, she wont have time even she quit to play in NT.

• USA roster indeed stays the same for Final Round :white:

http://usavolleyball.org/news/…ame-for-final-round/48615