World Grand Prix 2012

• Don't forget that Brazil palyed without Fabiana, Thaisa, Fabi, Fabiola, Jaqueline and Sheilla - this made the difference. Poland has big problem with reception: without Werblińska our recepion is falling. In Ankara she received most of balls with nice efficiency :) The rest OH's seem to be kind of a joke Żebrowska is converted OH from OPP, Kasprzak can't receive :rolll: Kosek isn't good either. Sieczka played a litlle, there is also recovering Podolec, who wasn't in Łódź in roster. Even liberos' reception isn't as good as it should be :S

i don't really think that this is a "Team B" group. as stated by joanmass, it's a mix group. Many of the players played with the national team for several years already. I think this Brazil Team has problems in terms of teamwork rather than anything else. They have solid middle blockers and outside hitters. Without sheilla though, the opposite position is questionable with either mari or tandara. Also, it's only now that Fernandinha actually works with the national team. While her sets are more fluid and surer than dani lins, she still lacks connection to the other players, especially to the middles.

It's clear that Ze Roberto is unsure of what to do with Mari. Her performance is WAAAAYYYY below the level we know of her. with just a month or so before the olympics, her time is running out. she needs to step up her game. :S

• I believe in iuribessa's version of starting 6:

S: Fabíola
    OPP: Sheilla
    OH: Fe Garay and Jaqueline
    MB: Fabiana and Thaisa
    L: Fabi

As for the OG roster, I guess the 12 players will be:

S: Fabíola and Fernandinha
    OPP: Sheilla and Mari
    OH: Fê Garay, Jaqueline, and Paula
    MB: Adenízia, Fabiana and Thaísa
    L: Fabi and Camila Brait

It's hard to choose between Mari and Tandara.
    Though Tandara plays better than Mari so far, but in time I believe Mari will get herself ready for her last OG chance.
    Also because of experience and height, I bet Ze will pick Mari instead of Tandara.
    I know 3 OHs is quite risky, but I'm not sure about Sassá (injury) and Natália (not playing for a while).

• Anzanello and Rondon will join Italian team in second week, to replace Arrighetti and Camera. The rest of the team will be the same.

Signorile and Rondon at the same time. Ok, I'm going to change my nationality XD

BTW, news about USA? Who will play the second round?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• i checked the stats and noticed Adeniza had 9 blocks..8+8+9...wow!! though they concluded all the matches 3-2, its still an enormous block contribution.
    i said that i didnt like Brazilian players indivudulaly but i liked Garay.the other teams know what to expect from Shelia,Mari but Garay is a new talent and the teams should be used to her game to control her better.Garay should be more carefull of diplaying her satisfaction after getting a point.About Poland.They arent playing with ideal rosters but not playing badly.i would expect a better play by Kasia.she suffers from lack of a strong mentality maybe.. thats the biggest difference between her and Glinka.But Glinka wont return to the NT anymore.They have to find better receptors..

about Turkey-Cuba.I couldnt watch the match.Cuba seems to have lernt how to defend and receive or maybe we didnt served well. Congrats Cuba.what do you think about Giel.....Giel seems as talented as Carillo... agree with me?

• kind of...cause If you actually think about deaply...CAmila BRait playing better then Fabi, and Fernadinha better then FAbíola..Garay is starting team already...and Adenizia maybe playing better then Thaisa and Fabiana, so Its kind of a fake team B..hehehe missing for real only Jaque and Sheilla, that of course are big miss....but still It is a mixed team like all others...so ITs not so amazing they won 3 matches I guess..Its good result of course, but I dont think they should make from that an ilusion.

I REALLY don´t think Fernandinha is better than Fabiola. And I compared Thaísa with Jucy, not with Adenizia.

• i checked the stats and noticed Adeniza had 9 blocks..8+8+9...wow!! though they concluded all the matches 3-2, its still an enormous block contribution.
    i said that i didnt like Brazilian players indivudulaly but i liked Garay.the other teams know what to expect from Shelia,Mari but Garay is a new talent and the teams should be used to her game to control her better.Garay should be more carefull of diplaying her satisfaction after getting a point.About Poland.They arent playing with ideal rosters but not playing badly.i would expect a better play by Kasia.she suffers from lack of a strong mentality maybe.. thats the biggest difference between her and Glinka.But Glinka wont return to the NT anymore.They have to find better receptors..

about Turkey-Cuba.I couldnt watch the match.Cuba seems to have lernt how to defend and receive or maybe we didnt served well. Congrats Cuba.what do you think about Giel.....Giel seems as talented as Carillo... agree with me?

I agree with everything u say :)

Yes, Fe Garay is so emotional and it can be too much, but its the samba girls style, its more players that prefers to act like that, like Paula. I also agree what u write about Skowronska. I have already said before I think Rosanna Giel is the new Carillo, or even Regla Torres. Shé´s just a complete MB already in the age of 19, a bit insane.

• Curious whether Serbia will do some changes in squad.

They cant do so many changes. Nikolic, Djersilo, Popovic, Malagurski is injured and I dont know if any of them will be back in this WGP to play. For sure not Sanja.

• So which teams will change something?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I agree with everything u say :)

Yes, Fe Garay is so emotional and it can be too much, but its the samba girls style, its more players that prefers to act like that, like Paula. I also agree what u write about Skowronska. I have already said before I think Rosanna Giel is the new Carillo, or even Regla Torres. Shé´s just a complete MB already in the age of 19, a bit insane.

you're right its their styl...i dont know..if i had won 6-7 WGP titles maybe i would be cooler now...as you said this is their style but they also have Mari ,Sheila etc.. whose stryle are different a little.Actually i like ambitious player a lot but if it looks unnatural i dont...

• So which teams will change something?

Probably Neslihan in Turkey, Kim in Korea and other starting players of Japan.

• Probably Neslihan in Turkey, Kim in Korea and other starting players of Japan.

Actually after her injury and ongoing holday i dont expect a great play by Nesli.Maybe we should keep playing with Polen and Nesli may include in the court if Polen plays badly .Esra is out of shape.Gözde is a crucial player for us.

• I would totally accept it and I think trading Bahar+Eda together with only Adenizia would be more fair though :lol:

I heard that Bahar and Eda have surprise for you but it is said that you will have to wait for it till the end of Olympic Games. :D

Btw, Turkey will have a best schedule for the second round in Serbia. If i had a chance to arrange the schedule, i would regulate the same as it is now. The team will be totally rested against Cuba in the first game, then a rested day for main players against Argentina and the last match with Serbia will be great battle with all our role players.

• Don't worry too much for Italy NT !
    As last year Grand Prix is just an opportunity to test some players and maybe ... Bracci :D
    Italy will probably play the whole tournament without her magic quartet :
    Leo, Carolina, Simona and Paola.

• I think It will be same roup, they travelled directly from Santo Domingo to Brazil.

Yes I think so... Lindsey and Hooker wrote on twitter that they will be in Brasil so I suppose will be there also the others of the A team

• you're right its their styl...i dont know..if i had won 6-7 WGP titles maybe i would be cooler now...as you said this is their style but they also have Mari ,Sheila etc.. whose stryle are different a little.Actually i like ambitious player a lot but if it looks unnatural i dont...

I never will understand why people get bothered about the way some players, specially Brazilian ones, celebrate their points. That's the way they play and it's not disrespectful at all, so I don't see the point to be less emotional. For example, it annoys me A LOT that Serbian players clap their hands almost always when one of them will serve, but it's the way they've to keep motivated and have to support the others. So, I think it's unfair to say "that's fake!" or "that's unnatural!" like I always read here about Brazilians behavior.

• I never will understand why people get bothered about the way some players, specially Brazilian ones, celebrate their points. That's the way they play and it's not disrespectful at all, so I don't see the point to be less emotional. For example, it annoys me A LOT that Serbian players clap their hands almost always when one of them will serve, but it's the way they've to keep motivated and have to support the others. So, I think it's unfair to say "that's fake!" or "that's unnatural!" like I always read here about Brazilians behavior.

Im sorry but your post seems a bit messy...you are aloud to be anoyd with Serbian players clapping, but other people cant think the way some brasilian celebrate anoying?

• Im sorry but your post seems a bit messy...you are aloud to be anoyd with Serbian players clapping, but other people cant think the way some brasilian celebrate anoying?

Nopes. I just think that teams and players are allowed to celebrate/keep motivate/release tension the way they wanted, only avoiding to be disrespectful. And I mentioned Serbia 'cause they do some annoying stuff for me, but I never came here to say "it's fake!" or whatever. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but it's funny how Brazilian's celebration is considerate for mny of you as unnatural, fake, exagerated and over-the-top.

• Official version: birth year 1996, height 192.
    Probable truth: birth year 1992, height 196.

;)

:white:
    BTW, DR played too bad this first round at home, I think we all were expecting more from this team now that is in OG after defeat Cuba.
    And Cuba won its 3 matches.

I just read Brenda Castillo lost her baby, pity for her.

• The male lion yells to show he is the strongest in the flock, is it because he just feel for it or he wants to intimidate his contenders?

Now, this is volleyball players and not lions, but the strategy is the same. When Fernanda and Paula for ex. yells out after a important point, its to show their opponents "we rules this game", "we are here to win" or "we means business". We can see the same in for ex. womens tennis with Serena Williams for ex...its almost obligatory to yell "come on" the highest u can after a important point.

Brazil was a dominating force and in many matches during 2005-2010 they had a "invincible" reputation with their cocky overconfidence on court that was so intimitading and annoying for their opponents. I mean that Brazil at this time had won many matches already before the coin toss because of this.