World Grand Prix 2012

• Maybe it wasn't the highest level of play, but definitely thrilling in the end, many nice rallies.

Poland needs at least one OH who can receive...they are lost without Werblinska there.

Piccinini looked unusually bad in defense, there were so many balls coming her way that she could have saved but she looked kinda sleepy. She made up for it in attack though.

• Congrats to Italy, polish side was making way too much errors, and Zebrowska couldnt save Poland alone in attack. Skowronska fade out totally in last set.

• Turkey also played with only 2 receivers (Gozde and Gulden) and since Gozde is a very stable receiver, there was no problem against Korea today. also Russia plays with 2 receivers very often (usually Sokolova and libero). It only works well If the receivers are stable in reception, but Kasprzak is the worst choice Poland could ever make. She is tall and quite good in attack, but in reception there's nothing mention about... Werblinska's absence is a big loss for Poland. I don't really like Kosek either.

• MVP for Italy: Piccinini, she's back in best shape :super: . Also Bosetti has done a good match.
    MVP for Poland: the refree and the line judges :rolll: :lol: :rolll:

• Picci is back.. I don't like the Italian team that much but one player I admire most i Picci.. so glad that she gets back to her form.. I can't imagine Italy without her

• picci is so beautiful in this match. so happy to see her smile and enjoy the game. :thumbup:

• What a match X( I don`t want to see Kosek and Maj tomorrow :thumbdown:
    Zebrowska played well in the end of set , but on the rest time of match,unfortunately not like in Ankara :S
    we have 2 big players! Skowronska and Okuniewska :flower:

• MVP for Italy: Piccinini, she's back in best shape :super: . Also Bosetti has done a good match.
    MVP for Poland: the refree and the line judges :rolll: :lol: :rolll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see Barazza back, even though she is not in her best shape yet.

• Congratz to Italy , deserved victory anyway

• how about having turkey, azerbaijan, israel, et al play in the asia instead of europe? after all, they are technically continental asia.

The discussion that is going on here is irrational and meaningless. You don't talk about history with 3-4 games in hand.

To play with an Asian team regularly, you have to participate World League, World Grand Prixes, World Champs or Olympics. Everybody knows how hard it is to participate from Europe, you have to be in top 2-3 all the time to participate regularly. That is not easy from teams in Europe.

• [i][u][u] i watched only 3rd+4rth set, , but I saw Camera setting the ball to her MBs NOT EVEN ONCE ! Unvelievable! I'd really think she did it on purpose, or by being instructed about ... [/u] :down: [/u][/i]

We have to cope with, Letizia is said to be perhaps the best among the younger setters (she born in 1992) - neither Signorile nor Bechis seem to have a clear edge upon her...
    Please, try to find some italian grand-grand parents to Carli Lloyd, so that she can lead ITA NT until 2022 ... :wall:

:wavy:

• World Grand Prix update: It is raining in Łódź. I saw Paulina Maj shopping at the

mall today. Oh, and also Poland beat Serbia. :D

Today the sun is shining in Łódź... but Poland lost. We must hope for rain tomorrow against Brazil.
    I did not see anyone complain here how the red shorts and the new red jerseys do not match. It looks kind of silly.

Oh, and Berenika is beautiful.

• I'm really happy for italian's win today... :dance6: :dance6: and also for all the positive comments I read!
    As I didn't saw the match...is there any link where I can re watch it?