World Grand Prix 2012

• I think so if Kosheleva comes back in shape, if not, I guess it will not happen. Sokolova is not what she once was anyway for sure so I think Estes/Obmochaeva can replace her without weaken the team so much. Russia is obviously limited right now but so also Brazil and Italy.

the key question is reception....does Goncharova know how to receive a ball?

• BTW, I think he's right about Turkey, we can't really talk before London : it will be the big test for Turkey, opponents like USA, Brazil, China, Russia and Italia with their best squads in OG will be dangerous, more than WGP / WOQT opponents. Turkey still has to prove everything, let them play against best teams of the world and after we could bet on them for OG

• How many team will not partecipate to the final round of the WGP?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• the key question is reception....does Goncharova know how to receive a ball?

She was actually receiver during the time she played with Gamova in Moscow some yrs. ago, and also in 2009-2010 season, but after that she has only played OPP except for a few matches. Obviously it will be the main factor she focus on right now until OG, maybe it will give results, we will see!!

• Yes, Italy failed in 10wch was a surprise. But in the same tournment USA lost the bronze medal to Japan :|
    They had the oportunity last year and lost to Japan. :|

At the same time, Italy won importants tournments in last 10 years, like 2 golds (world cup) and 1 gold (wch).

USA hasn't won any gold medal in important tournaments since...I have no ideia. :roll: (I mean OG,WCH and World Cup).

I'm curious about Russia :dance6:

• So Italy is out!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I know u cry because I didnt mention Turkey but it has a reason....let them beat some good teams playing with their best squads outside Turkey first, then we can talk again and they also lack experience from important matches in WCH and esp. OG. Quarters would be a huge success for your lovely team.

@Russia_Nikolai_Karpol

I also like him. ;)

Everyone was telling the same things about basketball, firstly beat big teams outside home... I always gave a right to them because even if we almost become world champion in Turkey our team incredibly couldn't show their real performance outside home. But women volleyball is different for us. For instance, the nearest example is Turkey got bronze medal in Serbia. Moreover especially last 2-3 years we really got a higher volleyball level both on club and NT level. You may be surprised but almost everyone in Turkey has an expectation getting at least bronze medal at London! Because we are used to get medals at international competitions both Club and NT anymore. OG will be first for us we already aware of this fact but still hope. I also hope we will match with Russia at semi and i will see your messages after the game, not now :)

• She was actually receiver during the time she played with Gamova in Moscow some yrs. ago, and also in 2009-2010 season, but after that she has only played OPP except for a few matches. Obviously it will be the main factor she focus on right now until OG, maybe it will give results, we will see!!

when luba played, luba and libero Kruya.. covered Koşeleva receiving....now who will cover Goncha?? Makhno? Estes? Russia has a good attacking power but to use it, reception is required.

• @Russia_Nikolai_Karpol

I also like him. ;)

Everyone was telling the same things about basketball, firstly beat big teams outside home... I always gave a right to them because even if we almost become world champion in Turkey our team incredibly couldn't show their real performance outside home. But women volleyball is different for us. For instance, the nearest example is Turkey got bronze medal in Serbia. Moreover especially last 2-3 years we really got a higher volleyball level both on club and NT level. You may be surprised but almost everyone in Turkey has an expectation getting at least bronze medal at London! Because we are used to get medals at international competitions both Club and NT anymore. OG will be first for us we already aware of this fact but still hope. I also hope we will match with Russia at semi and i will see your messages after the game, not now :)

that would be great for us to get a medal at first appearance..we have the power to do it.But we should play to give our best not thinking about a medal..we should finish as at a high position as possible thats what i expect from them.

• I don't think Turkey has to prove anything. We always say we have lack of international experience. If we do well in Olympics it won't be surprised because we have a good team, but if we fail then it wont be a surprise either because of being unexperienced. But ofcourse fans are hopeful, I don't get why some people critisize them again and again after every hopeful comment from Turkish fans. :whistling:

• You are right Bay, no need too talk to much, but I really think the expectations on Turkey is too big...I dont disslike them but I just find it annoying some persons thinks they are in the sky after a win in a qualifier where they had a gigantic advantage with playing in front of 10 000 crazy spectators....Even teams like Azerbadjan can beat Russia at home soil in a qualifier they dont need to win, we have seen that before, but in OG/WCH it will never happen.

Turkey is still a team that has no success at all in either WCH, OG or World Grand Prix and only been in a final in ECH once, too say they SHOULD take a medal in OG is close too insanity.

• You are right Bay, no need too talk to much, but I really think the expectations on Turkey is too big...I dont disslike them but I just find it annoying some persons thinks they are in the sky after a win in a qualifier where they had a gigantic advantage with playing in front of 10 000 crazy spectators....still its a team that has no success at all in either WCH, OG or World Grand Prix and never been in a final in ECH, too say they SHOULD take a medal in OG is close too insanity.

I agree

• that would be great for us to get a medal at first appearance..we have the power to do it.But we should play to give our best not thinking about a medal..we should finish as at a high position as possible thats what i expect from them.

Canter; you already know that we have the step by step mentality firstly to reach the aim. Our coach and players surely aware of this fact. They have written history just getting the OG spot and i am sure with this generation they will continue to write new history. Some people i think just don't wanna see the reality but year by year i strongly believe everything will be more clear. ;)

vyz; very well said ;)

• Turkey is still a team that has no success at all in either WCH, OG or World Grand Prix and never been in a final in ECH, too say they SHOULD take a medal in OG is close too insanity.

Turkey actually was in ECH final 2003 (at home) and also in final of European OGQ 2004, but apart from that, I agree. They're a good team and they certainly have the potential to beat big teams, but expectations should not be too high.

About Goncharova's reception, she received in WOQT and did fairly well there. We attributed it to her having "Obmochaeva" on the shirt now because her husband is a libero ;)

• You are right Bay, no need too talk to much, but I really think the expectations on Turkey is too big...I dont disslike them but I just find it annoying some persons thinks they are in the sky after a win in a qualifier where they had a gigantic advantage with playing in front of 10 000 crazy spectators....Even teams like Azerbadjan can beat Russia at home soil in a qualifier they dont need to win, we have seen that before, but in OG/WCH it will never happen.

Turkey is still a team that has no success at all in either WCH, OG or World Grand Prix and never been in a final in ECH, too say they SHOULD take a medal in OG is close too insanity.

We are new at all that areas you mentioned, you know it already. I am just talking about the improvements and now it is time to prove. ;)

• Turkey actually was in ECH final 2003 (at home) and also in final of European OGQ 2004, but apart from that, I agree. They're a good team and they certainly have the potential to beat big teams, but expectations should not be too high.

About Goncharova's reception, she received in WOQT and did fairly well there. We attributed it to her having "Obmochaeva" on the shirt now because her husband is a libero ;)

I forgot about that one :aww:

Yepp, I remember that ^^ I know she has potential is reception, because she showed that already in some matches in Moscow, but sometimes it can fall of completly too...but the ground is there, so if she just finds the consistensy I see no problem...most important is too gain confidence in it IMO, she can be afraid making errors.

Turkey is still a team that has no success at all in either WCH, OG or World Grand Prix and never been in a final in ECH, too say they SHOULD take a medal in OG is close too insanity.

:drink:

• I forgot about that one :aww:

Yepp, I remember that ^^ I know she has potential is reception, because she showed that already in some matches in Moscow, but sometimes it can fall of completly too...but the ground is there, so if she just finds the consistensy I see no problem...most important is too gain confidence in it IMO, many times she makes errors there because she´s afraid making errors.

Yeah that's true, it's also my experience as player that of all elements, reception is the one that depends most on mental aspects and concentration. Having the coach's confidence certainly helps, and he was smart enough to already let her receive during the season in Dinamo sometimes, so it didn't come totally unexpected in summer.

Turkey is still a team that has no success at all in either WCH, OG or World Grand Prix and only been in a final in ECH once, too say they SHOULD take a medal in OG is close too insanity.

I would be angry with you because of your disrespect to Turkish team but since you have kind of chronic habit to make rookie mistakes about name of players, history of some teams etc. I would forgive you :roll:

But it seems like you need a mini lecture about Turkish success past 9 years.

2003: Silver medalist of ECH (also seventh at the World Cup by beating Cuba, succeed to be the only team who take a set from powerful China, except BRA and USA )
    2004: Finalist of OG qualification (it was really really close to make it)
    2005: 6th place in ECH
    2006: 10th place in WCH (first participation in our history)
    2007: 10th place in ECH (horrible era due to bad trainer and injuries)
    2008: 6th place in Grand Prix although in the absence of Neslihan Darnel :whistle: (Generation change, almost reaching Final Round even though it was first participation)
    2009: 5th place in ECH
    2010:6th place in WCH
    2011: Bronze medalist of ECH (beating Russia and Italy, lost semifinal 3-2 to champion Serbia in a very tight match)
    2012: Champion of OQQ tournament

According to result we got in last decades, it is obvious that we were in top teams both in Europe and Worldwide. We didn't get all success at home. In this regard, I really don't get it , winning at home would give you a right to underestimate one's success :down: (Serbia got gold in last ECH, Japan got bronze at WCH on their home soil, does it make their success invalid or less valuable :what: )

All in all, in my opinion; saying that Turkey is eligible to receive bronze medal at OG is not more insane than claiming Serbia would beat Brasil inspite of seeing their pathetic performance and injuried players. ;(

Of course there is a fair chance that we couldn't even manage to qualify next round however it won't be due to lack of potential, probably because of the fact that it would be our first OG experience, which is also understandable :whistle:

About today's matches: the only good performance worth to watch was Germany against Japan (frankly due to their MBs) and maybe Cuba (they are playing better and better each week)