Italian NT 2012

• I think it would be best for the Italian NT to get a new coach. He's had his shot at two Olympics and wasn't able to deliver.

• hahaha Loca Inside you are so loca! :white: You're crazy.

Togut is not a stranger! :aww: She's 100% Italian, born in Gorizia, North-East Italy from Italian parents!

And why do you think Lo Bianco is not one of those who fear competition and make a psycholigic war against her younger rivals? The only possible and reasonable explanation of Rondon, Camera and Signorile in Italian NT is that one of the players who fear competition is actually the captain Eleonora Lo Bianco! I think she did not want a real substitute so she asked Barbolini to call weak setters instead of Ferretti.
    And Barbolini did it.
    I'm very sorry to say so, because Lo Bianco is one of my favourite players, but I think it's better for everybody if she retires from Italy National Team.

• Here is my opinion: I think until there was Aguero she could control in some way those conflicts. After she retired everything exploded.

Toguttt: Loca said stronger not stranger. ;)

• @ samba player

she could control in some way those conflicts

Who do you mean?

• I think u need to wear glasses!!! I wrote strOnger not "strAnger" (also if it is "foreign" the correct word, but I'm Italian too so I understand ur mistake)

Ferretti played the last time in the ECH, in the WGP and in the WC not but 2WC ago she was very important for the team.

Ferretti always said she had problem with the coach, she would like to play more (of coure) but when the starting setter is called Eleonora Lo Bianco is not so easy play as her second! I don't think Leo is the kind of person that ask to her coach to call weak setters!!!

@thepersonwhomentionedmeinthelastpage

I just write what I heard

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I mean that Aguero could limit the conflicts between the players. She was very much respected and when she was in the team all seemed in harmony. But I may be wrong. It is just my perception.

• The other fact is that she STILL did not have a good substitute..... A real strong opposite I mean

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I mean that Aguero could limit the conflicts between the players. She was very much respected and when she was in the team all seemed in harmony. But I may be wrong. It is just my perception.

Really? Aguero :obey: :flower:

By the way, actually it's a headcoach's job to keep the harmony within a team..so that means Barbolini failed in that part of his job.

• so now that they did not win a medal for the 3rd time i guess he must already leave :wavy: :rolll:

• It is almost sure that he will leave

• im not so interested with rumors but i just want to say for me the problem in italian NT is not about the leadership or another thing like that.The old team mates should accept their jobs have finished in italian team before they blame others.Trying to stay in NT although u cant make any particular benefit comes to me really odd and funny :what: Italy just should find a new coach and young talented players.I guess Guidetti can be a good solution for italy :thumbup:

• Did you refer to me? :P

My name is Sander

Yes, I did not remember who was :)

• im not so interested with rumors but i just want to say for me the problem in italian NT is not about the leadership or another thing like that.The old team mates should accept their jobs have finished in italian team before they blame others.Trying to stay in NT although u cant make any particular benefit comes to me really odd and funny :what: Italy just should find a new coach and young talented players.I guess Guidetti can be a good solution for italy :thumbup:

There is always comments for younger players which I don't really understand. In modern volleyball, athletes are able to play at a high level for longer than they ever have before. Look at a lot of the top NT's in the world and you'll find plenty of elite players over the age of 30 and I can assure you that in 2016 you'll see many over 30 players as well. It's not a matter of age but a matter of the level of volleyball being played. There is NO younger player that can even come close to the quality of Gioli or Lo Bianco for example. So they should just retire because you think they're too old?

Undoubtedly the fault has to lie with the leadership. Even if there were problems within the team the leader is responsible for finding ways to ameliorate those problems. Barbolini hasn't accomplished anything at the Olympics and I attribute that to his preparation. Physically speaking, the Italian players were all in good shape it was a lack of mental focus that the head coach has to establish.

• King You shouldn't be suprised. Gioli and Del Core tried to be Fakel Novyj Urengoy Coaches.
    Imagine Del Core, Gioli, Pequeno and Hooker in one Team.

• King You shouldn't be suprised. Gioli and Del Core tried to be Fakel Novyj Urengoy Coaches.
    Imagine Del Core, Gioli, Pequeno and Hooker in one Team.

And Karpol as Coach with Matlak as Assistant.

• There is always comments for younger players which I don't really understand. In modern volleyball, athletes are able to play at a high level for longer than they ever have before. Look at a lot of the top NT's in the world and you'll find plenty of elite players over the age of 30 and I can assure you that in 2016 you'll see many over 30 players as well. It's not a matter of age but a matter of the level of volleyball being played. There is NO younger player that can even come close to the quality of Gioli or Lo Bianco for example. So they should just retire because you think they're too old?

Undoubtedly the fault has to lie with the leadership. Even if there were problems within the team the leader is responsible for finding ways to ameliorate those problems. Barbolini hasn't accomplished anything at the Olympics and I attribute that to his preparation. Physically speaking, the Italian players were all in good shape it was a lack of mental focus that the head coach has to establish.

You already said what the problem is with this part 'It's not a matter of age but a matter of the level of volleyball being played'.I said the old ones should accept their jobs have finished in italian team and i still think like this.The new volley style is really faster than the old ones so ur thought about old players makes no sense for me.And if we talk about the OG yeah it was so bad for italy but that was expected before.Korea eliminated Italy not because of the lack of concentration in italian side.They achieved it cause they were better than italy.Italy has not been dominating the european volley current years and with these players its not a surprise :thumbdown:

• And Karpol as Coach with Matlak as Assistant.

You forgot Werblińska :lol: :lol:

• Barbolini replied to Picci saying that he didn't felt so bad during the Olympica, giving to her the fault and saying that she isolated herself from the group..the he asks her in a provocative way what she did in london, where was she while the team was sinking...
    I have no words...Picci desired a medal so much, I don't believe she made so much mess, it would have been negatve! I don't think she is responsible, at all: when she played she did well... Barbolini has to take his responsabilities (and maybe also some other players...) and leave!

first part:http://www.facebook.com/#!/pho…1349278246&type=1&theater
    second part: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pho…1972260053&type=1&theater