Dorota Swieniewicz

• Today Dorota announced end of her career, due to financial problems of Atom she is leaving the club and ending her career (this time probably for sure). Dorota is one of the best players which Poland had in history. In 2005 she was named the best player of Europe and MVP of European Championship. She won Champions league in 2005/06 with Despar Perugia and 2 times European Chamionship with Polish NT. From that she retired in 2009.

Thank you Dori for all those years :flower: :flower:

• What a sad way to finish such a great career :( Wish her all the best for the future!

its the same end like in the end of 2008, when she left Tena Santeramo....but probably this time is a real end ;(

• Dorota !! :flower: Thank you for all what you did for Polish NT, for all incredible moments ! :flower: :rose:
    That's sad that such a great player retired because of a situation like is currently in Atom

• Dorota Swieniewicz (born 27 July 1972 in Głuszyca) is a Polish volleyball player. She was chosen the best player of the tournament at the 2005 European Championships.

Evidence

Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 64 kg
    Position: receiver
    Jump to attack: 316 cm
    Jump to bloc: 293 cm
    Number in representation: 8
    Number in club: 3 (in season 1999/2000 number 11)
    Marital status: divorced

Clubs

Poland Polonia Świdnica (1988–1993)
    Poland BKS Stal Bielsko-Biała (1993–1997)
    Italy Despar Sirio Perugia (1997–2000)
    Poland BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała (2000–2007)
    Spain Ícaro Alaró Mallorca (2007–2008]
    Italy Tena Santeramo (sezon 2008-2009)
    Poland BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała (2009–2010)
    Poland Atom Trefl Sopot (2010-?)

Biography

Dorota Świeniewicz (nickname Dori). Although Świeniewicz was born in Głuszyca, she spent her teens in Świdnica. She learned playing volleyball in local club - Polonia. Begins of the career were hard. As a teenager, Świeniewicz was chose to the national junior team, but trainers sent her back from the teem meeting because they ascertained that Dorota is not tall enough. Her quite small height - she has hardly 180 cm - didn't prevent to succeed in sport. In 2003 she won championship of the Italy and Italian Cup with Despar Perugia. With representation of Poland, Dori won European Championship twice, in 2003 and 2005.

At the European Championship in 2005, she was chosen as the best player. In the same year, FIVB chose her as the best player in Europe. In 2006 she decided to take a break from volleyball. First of March 2007 at 9:40 Świeniewicz born a son to her life partner, ex manager of polish representation - Marek Brandt. In April, Świeniewicz came back to sport, she started training in her ex club - BKS Bielsko-Biała. Polish coach, Marco Bonitta, chose her to national team for Montreux Volley Masters tournament. Świeniewicz trains girls in UKS "Hubert-Ochota" Warszawa.

Achievements

Most important successes with national team: European Championship in 2003 and in 2005, 6th place in European Championships 1999, 8th place in European Championships 1997, 9th place in European Championships 1995 and 1991

Most important successes with Despar Perugia: Champion League (2006), 2nd place in European Championship (2004), Cup of Cup's Champions (2000), Italian Championship (2003) - Dorota was chose as MVP of finals, Italian Cup (1999,2003,2005). Many times Dorota was chose as MVP.

Most important successes with BKS Stal Bielsko-Biała: Polish Championship (1996), 2nd place in Polish Championships (1994, 1995)

Most important successes with Icaro Alaró Palma de Mallorca: 2nd place in Spanish Championships (2008]

Most important successes with Atom Trefl Sopot: 2nd place in Polish Championships (2011)

Individual awards

*2005 European Championship "Most Valuable Player"
    *Knight's Cross Knight's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (5th Class) - awarded her by president Aleksander Kwaśniewski on November 22, 2005.

• Thanks for everything, Dorota :flower: :flower: You were a great player :win: :super:

• It's sad that she must retire her career from a bad way.Anyway i think all polish fans are proud of her :) I wish her best for her whole life.Dorota :flower:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• If there weren't any problems in Atom, she would have played till the end of the season :down:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I can't understand why she had to end her career in such a horrible moment for her and her team! I'm so sad, that because of situation in Atom this fantastic women had to do it. Good luck, Dorota!

• Thank you Dorota !
    I still remember your best gameplay at Stal Bielsko Biała 1993-95 when twice you didn't win finals with Chemik Police.
    I remember your cry and tears when you were in the corner ! Everywhere was champagne but I was totally impressed how hard you played to win. So I said it laudly (directly) despite Stal wasn't my favourite team.

• In an interview Dorota said that her dream is to play a match Poland - The rest of the world. I this second team could play players who played with her in clubs especially in Perugia where she played 9 years. Massimo Barbolini, Glinka, Walewska, Fofão, Agüero and Gioli initially agreed to participate in this event. And it would be her "goodbye" match.

• she left Perugia in 2006,not in 2000!

• If I'm not mistaken, now she's commenting on Polsat Sport Azerrail-Dynamo

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game