Russia - Superliga 2012/2013

• Camera showed Ulanova sitting on bench with that ice on her head and the commentator said something like 'Oh, this will make a nice photo' :lol:

I wish I were able to understand Russian :thumbsup:

• Camera showed Ulanova sitting on bench with that ice on her head and the commentator said something like 'Oh, this will make a nice photo' :lol:

It made for great pictures. Holding an ice bag on her head while staring at one of her fingers she was holding out in front of her face, thus presenting a cross eyed look. Pure unintended comedy. There's a forum avatar right there. :cheesy:

• wioohoo! congratuations kazan :cup: and also to the russian league for giving a combination of qulity matches + teams who can compete in cl :woohoo:

• Me too...well, I can count until 25 :lol:

Ah, just to clear things up, I did learn a bit of russian while I was at the university (though I forgot much unfortunately) and it is a bit similar to polish, but I definitely can't say that I understand what the commentator was saying except few things here and there :win: I wish I was a better student back in the years, cause russian is very nice and, well, funny language and every time I hear it, it makes me smile. Thank the gods I can still read the letters :lol:

Quote from Emurock

It made for great pictures. Holding an ice bag on her head while staring at one of her fingers she was holding out in front of her face, thus presenting a cross eyed look. Pure unintended comedy. There's a forum avatar right there. :cheesy:

Hmm, I think I'll try to catch a replay and at least make a screen shot, heheh.

• who is the mvp of the league?

• Lioubov Sokolova transfer to Krasnodar for next season. Anna Matienko is also confirmed for the team next season. Have Krasnodar retained Svetlana Kryuchkova's for next season as well?

• it's sad that Marchenko's level got so down.. she was once the best player Cannes had, when playing in the CEV CL F4, i remember her getting all the points.. and now she can't pass nor score.. and I'm also surprised by Osmokrovic passing, not in a good way.. she used to be such a good passer, an all around OH i mean.. and now..

dunno why it is but most of the players going to Russia,especially those europeans lose top form of theirs... :lol: either bcz Russian leagues is hard to play or the opposite...

• dunno why it is but most of the players going to Russia,especially those europeans lose top form of theirs... :lol: either bcz Russian leagues is hard to play or the opposite...

i think it is because of the mentality of the russians...only a few players have stayed in russia and maintain their level eg.Walewska GIoli Larson Fofinha

• Where is Fofinha playing this season?

• Congratulations to Kazan one more time! :drink: Gamova and Larson played a good season.
    If they want to keep the crown next season this roster is enough, but if they want to be competitive at the Champions League, at least one more OH must be contracted. They can't rely on Gamova and Larson all time. Champions League didn't allow it from quarter-finals onwards. Another reliable hitter is necessary. :win:

• I don't know if any award were handed out, but these are the best players based solely on stats:

Best scorer:

1. Natalia Mammadova 754
    2. Ekaterina Gamova 610
    3. Natalia Obmochaeva 596
    4. Nelli Alisheva 452
    5. Strashimira Filipova 448

Best server:

1. Bojana Zivkovic
    2. Anastasia Salina
    3. Marina Akulova
    4. Natalia Obmochaeva
    5. Strashimira Filipova

Best reception (this seems based simply on the number of receptions made, though, so I'm not sure it's really reliable):

1. Viktoria Kuzyakina
    2. Aleksandra Pasynkova
    3. Olga Fateeva
    4. Marina Marchenko
    5. Helena Havelkova

Best spiker:

1. Natalia Mammadova
    2. Ekaterina Gamova
    3. Natalia Obmochaeva
    4. Nelli Alisheva
    5. Natasa Osmokrovic

Best blocker:

1. Yulia Morozova
    2. Marina Maryukhnich
    3. Ekaterina Orlova
    4. Maria Borisenko
    5. Ekaterina Osichkina

And finally, a bit of a hall of shame - most errors (I've excluded players who played very little):

1. Dora Horvath
    2. Ana Ferreira
    3. Ekaterina Zakrevskaya
    4. Destiny Hooker
    5. Daria Isaeva