2012 Olympic Games

• I have no more respect for Ze Roberto if he takes Natalia instead of Mari.

If the choice is Tandara, then it will make sense, and I'll be quiet. :|

But if he takes Natalia :mad:

If he takes Natalia, then I would agree with Fabiola that he is an idiot :lol:

• Dominican Republic roster:
    L: Castillo
    S: Echenique, Marte
    MB: Vargas, Eve, Rondon, Arias
    OH: De La Cruz, Cabral, Rivera
    OPP: Mambru, Nuńez

Now only Serbia, Algeria, Brazil and Russia (if it's not official list) are missimng

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• They have 5 Opp and 4 MB in their roster :down: They should take one decent receiver instead of Arias since It is obvious that Vargas and Eve will be starter. :whistle:

• They have 5 Opp and 4 MB in their roster :down: They should take one decent receiver instead of Arias since It is obvious that Vargas and Eve will be starter. :whistle:

But there is no decent receiver in DOM :lol: If necessary, Rondon or Eve could receive, but they're just as bad as everyone else ;) But at least Brenda's return is a good news, even though it is for a sad reason...

• But there is no decent receiver in DOM :lol: If necessary, Rondon or Eve could receive, but they're just as bad as everyone else ;) But at least Brenda's return is a good news, even though it is for a sad reason...

Except this roster avilable OH's in 20 are only Yonkaira Peńa & Brayelin Martinez - first is horrible both in reception in spike and the second one is only 15 yo with enormous height - she's almost 200 cm. There is also OPP Rodriguez :D , who can receive, but she wasn't with main team during whole WGP, so she didn't have any chance, she has also weak spike in 4 zone. I think that Dahiana Burgos will be in London instead of Arias or Rondon if she hadn't ended career.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Don't be so excited !
    These OG are made for Italy 8)

• Pool A is just ridiculous,

Japan, Italy, Russia will definitely get the Top3,

Dominica is just hardly can compete with those three teams.

Alergia and UK are too weak!

I guess the six teams in Pool B are all more deserved to be the QF than Dominica~

I am sorry to say that for DOM fans!

But that's the fact.

FIVB is ridiculous, Japan, Italy,Russia have no pressure at all. and they don't even have to scare being the 4th place in their pool. :tzz: :tzz:

• I agree. But there's nothing we can do about it :thumbdown:

• It's a FIVB's rule serpentine. This rule is on every Olympic Games in volleyball, so it's system and not group by drawing.

And Dominica? LOL....even i didn't know, that this country has National Team, but i can see, that they will be on Dominicana's place on Olympic Games :O

You shocked me :down:

• i just noticed since 1992 all who have won the gold came from POOL B...but i wish and hope that it will come from POOL A just like in 1988
    it came from POOL A

And in 1988 it should have won one team from pool B...
    But in the end, URSS won.

• Zé Roberto is taking 13 players to London, including Natalia to wait for her to recover until July 26th, when the final rosters will be given to FIVB.
    Next week he will make the last cut in Brazil, which should be Camila Brait, Sassá or Tandara.

• Zé Roberto is taking 13 players to London, including Natalia to wait for her to recover until July 26th, when the final rosters will be given to FIVB.
    Next week he will make the last cut in Brazil, which should be Camila Brait, Sassá or Tandara.

Waiting for the Brazilian Olympic Roster is like watching a reality tv series of Hell's Kitchen where someone is eliminated every week :|

• Waiting for the Brazilian Olympic Roster is like watching a reality tv series of Hell's Kitchen where someone is eliminated every week :|

:lol: Yes, I really dont understand why so much drama, Is it really going to make much difference all this? I mean..jsut anouce already and that is it, better for the team to focous already in the Olympic Games...

• Waiting for the Brazilian Olympic Roster is like watching a reality tv series of Hell's Kitchen where someone is eliminated every week :|

This is a stupid thing to do, in my opinion!!!

Could you imagine, being in London and still waiting for a decision? The tension in the air? When you should be thinking about the games, you'ld still thinking if you are in or out? THE FOCUS IS LOST!

This coach is out of control :down: :down:

• This is a stupid thing to do, in my opinion!!!

Could you imagine, being in London and still waiting for a decision? The tension in the air? When you should be thinking about the games, you'ld still thinking if you are in or out? THE FOCUS IS LOST!

This coach is out of control :down: :down:

Natalia is the player who can change something in crucial moments no matter what she deserves to be in OG imo :olympia:

• Don't be so excited !

only in your dreams :lol: :lol: i see no chance for Italy, Maybe Bronze :)

• Don't be so excited !

Italy had more chances in 2008 :whistle:

• only in your dreams :lol: :lol: i see no chance for Italy, Maybe Bronze :)

I couldnt agree with u more winrip! Italys very weak OPP spot in combination with bad and low block isnt enough to win OG in my opinion. They rely way too much on Gioli and Lo Bianco nowdays, and 2 not bring Ortolani in the squad is a misstake. She isnt so good now as before, but she is still right now around Lucias level I think in attack, but with more potential there and her serves is a really dangerous weapon, and better in block. Bosetti is better defensive player, but against USA, Russia or Brazil I think Ortolani is a more useful player.

• I guess Italy will face the same fate as in the last two OG, being out in Quarterfinal :whistle: A world class setter and a world class MB aren't enough to get a medal...especially not when almost all players are way past their best times...