2012 Olympic Games

• Too bad Korea couldn't regroup for this match. :(
    Their two previous matches - even the defeat for USA - were a lot better than what they showed today. I guess, in the end, it's a matter of consistency. Their top performances - in victories against Brazil and Italy - were better than Japan's tops, they just couldn't keep the level for too long, I guess.
    And Takeshita had a really good strategy, using Sakoda more and resting Kimura. Though Korea had better performance in block, their defense was quite poor today.
    Well, at least this means Takeshita gets an olympic medal, and she totally deserves it. Sano too. Two of greatest volleyball players of the present time.

• I think many Brazilian fans thinking that their team is the greatest one in the history of women volleyball. ;)

I have absolutely no problems with that. They are great really - Olympic champions, I used to like them too. But why do they always try to hurt Russians? Yes, they've won that great Qf - but why celebrating by saying bad things about Russian players? Nobody in the clear mind would doubt that Gamova, Sokolova and Artamonova are amongst the greatest in the histiry of the game, but they are retiring. So why not let them go with an honour - why try to throw dirt to their backs? That's the thing I can't understand really

• Too bad Korea couldn't regroup for this match. :(
    Their two previous matches - even the defeat for USA - were a lot better than what they showed today. I guess, in the end, it's a matter of consistency. Their top performances - in victories against Brazil and Italy - were better than Japan's tops, they just couldn't keep the level for too long, I guess.
    And Takeshita had a really good strategy, using Sakoda more and resting Kimura. Though Korea had better performance in block, their defense was quite poor today.
    Well, at least this means Takeshita gets an olympic medal, and she totally deserves it. Sano too. Two of greatest volleyball players of the present time.

This match is only about Kim,
    other players like Kim sa nee, , Han song yi, Kim hee jin, Lee sok ja all played not as good as their matches against Brazil and Italy,
    Only Kim maintain the consistency.
    And Japan's defense is just amazing.

• NIPPON!!! They made it!
    Congratulations little girls! Finally Japan wins a medal in OG after 24 years. They deserve it!

I'm so excited because this is one of the two things I wished for this games. Now is time for USA.

:olympia:

• Congratulations Japan!
    I'm very happy that this team won the bronze medal ! :olympia:
    So i wish all good to Korea team ! they'll win medal in Rio :flower:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• What i see here is an ignorant Brazilian fan.
    Both the players and the fans are ignorant.
    I think no doubt Gamova and Sokolova are greater and more a legend than the players of Brazil.

No offense. :drink:

Yes, you are right. I'm so ignorant!

You have the knowledge, I don't!! :D

BTW, I never did anycomparison between brazilian's players with Sokolova or Gamova. I just compared their MEDALS! :roll:

Yes, Gamova and Sokolova are more greater and legend than brazilian's players. But volleyball is not an individual sport, It's a TEAM sport. The best team should win, not the best players :whistle:

And If you don't think that the olympic gold medal is the most important medal for an volleyball athlete, It's your opinion, but It's not the true.

• poor kim...... ;( unfortunately, volleyball is a TEAM sport. and obviously japan is a more team player than south korea but still, i was rooting for them... ;(

• No surprise in bronze medal match. Fully deserved medal for Japan. After so many good years they finally achieved a good result on OG. Extraordinary end of career for Sano and Takeshita :olympia: (although I hope they will play next years)

• The question was simple: Would Gamova and Sokolova exchange all the medals they won in theirs life for just ONE olympic gold medal?

I don't get what is so offensive in this question ?(

• Congrats to Japan on their bronze medal! I admire their play so much and how they are constantly positive on court and encourage each other. It's been a long time since they've been able to medal at any international competition and I'm glad they were able to do so here. Takeshita deserves it ;)

Korea had a great tournament by their expectations and with the exception of their setters they have a young core to work with for the next quadrennial. I hope to see them improve and be more well-rounded outside of Kim. Speaking of Kim, did she break the scoring record mark? I think someone said she needed to score 40+ points and I'm pretty sure she scored at least 20 the last two matches.

• :lol: I don't find that unfortunate at all ^^

i find it unfortunate.. at least for kim. at least she deserves a medal for being top scorer... :thumbup:

• i'm happy for saori and takeshita, a medal truly deserved, especially for takeshita...

by the way, i checked the stats for best setter on http://www.london2012.com/voll…player-setters/index.html. startseva, best setter??? ?( :?: while i don't mind, still.... i don't see it... :D i thought it's takeshita all along

• Congrats to Japan on their bronze medal! I admire their play so much and how they are constantly positive on court and encourage each other. It's been a long time since they've been able to medal at any international competition and I'm glad they were able to do so here. Takeshita deserves it ;)

Actually it's been just two years :| Bronze at WCH 2010...

• Actually it's been just two years :| Bronze at WCH 2010...

Haha I forgot about that one. Edit: it's been a long time since they've been able to medal at the Olympics :)

• i'm happy for saori and takeshita, a medal truly deserved, especially for takeshita...

by the way, i checked the stats for best setter on http://www.london2012.com/voll…player-setters/index.html. startseva, best setter??? ?( :?: while i don't mind, still.... i don't see it... :D i thought it's takeshita all along

that will be the biggest joke of the tournament :rolll:

• Frankly, I am surprised by your reaction. That guy has been putting down brasilian team in several of his messages, laughing and trying to diminish their results, and when she responds to him you call her an ignorant. Interesting. Why not him?

• I find it unfortunate.. at least for kim. at least she deserves a medal for being top scorer... :thumbup:

True. I like Kim so much ;(

• Congratulations Japan :super:

They played more consistent than Korea whole match. Kim was amazing as always! However ,Han didn't help her so much in this match which is very cruial for Korea to win the game. It is still a great success for Korea, they have won only 3 games and got 4th place :lol: