2012 Olympic Games

• For me Esra did better job than her, especially in the most critical points she score, So I was happy that she is substituted by Esra. Another point about Gözde is that she is too dependant on a spesific kind of fast and short set which is generally hard to do in the case of bad reception, for example, Esra is also short player but she still can make many block-out in the case of high sets whereas Gözde always try to hit the ball as powerful as she can :whistle: However, I agree that her defense is crucial for the team

Also, remember that Turkey turned 4th set around with Esra and Polen on court, so for me it was logical that Motta let them on court for 5th set as well. However I agree that at least Neslihan should have returned, but Gözde was not that impressive and as Serdar pointed out, she is very dependent on fast sets and Brazil blocked her a few times...

I see you guys' points, but I can't fully agree. Esra entered well, but I don't think she outplayed Gozde. I think Brazil was unprepared for Gozde's attacks, in terms of block, while they managed to neutralize Neslihan, for instance, easier. And, anyway, at that point Neriman was the weak link as OH: easy target at reception and struggling to score.
    I understand about being logical for the subs to play in 5th set, but it amazes me that he didn't even try to make changes in the tie-break, while the team gave 9 points in errors to Brazil. Hence, it stopped being logical that the same team remained on court.

• I see you guys' points, but I can't fully agree. Esra entered well, but I don't think she outplayed Gozde. I think Brazil was unprepared for Gozde's attacks, in terms of block, while they managed to neutralize Neslihan, for instance, easier. And, anyway, at that point Neriman was the weak link as OH: easy target at reception and struggling to score.
    I understand about being logical for the subs to play in 5th set, but it amazes me that he didn't even try to make changes in the tie-break, while the team gave 9 points in errors to Brazil. Hence, it stopped being logical that the same team remained on court.

About tie-break decisions, believe me noone has any idea about what Motta was trying to do. He is now, in Turkey, being criticized by many volleyball journalist and commentator about his decision with letting Polen on the court at tie-break :down: I generally like Motta and his decisions, moreover I think he is the best coach we ever had but this time I don't understand what he was thinking by not trusting Neslihan and bet on 22 years old unexperienced Polen :wall: I hope it is not a personal conflict :S We never had player-trainer conflict as other NT had before and I don't want to see such thing in the future as well :whistle:

Back to tomorrow's matches, anyone else share the feeling with me about that Japan may make surprise Italy tomorrow :roll:

• Back to tomorrow's matches, anyone else share the feeling with me about that Japan may make surprise Italy tomorrow :roll:

I have the same feeling, since it doesnt happen 2 often, maybe its a sign? :lol:

The most intresting for me 2 see is how Japan will handle how 2 play outside Asia, they have almost no success at all here, and also if they are in better shape than earlier this year. My impression of them in World Qualies was that neither Yoshie or Yuko was as dominant as before, and they also made so much more misstakes than usually. But if they can play like in 2009-2011 for sure I think they have a very good chance.

• I have the same feeling, since it doesnt happen 2 often, maybe its a sign? :lol:

The most intresting for me 2 see is how Japan will handle how 2 play outside Asia, they have almost no success at all here, and also if they are in better shape than earlier this year. My impression of them in World Qualies was that neither Yoshie or Yuko was as dominant as before, and they also made so much more misstakes than usually. But if they can play like in 2009-2011 for sure I think they have a very good chance.

Haha, if Anton and Serdar have the same feeling Italy has really no chance :lol:

I am also curious about what will they do outside of Japan. When was the last time we watch them outside of Asia? 2004 Athens? :roll:

• Haha, if Anton and Serdar have the same feeling Italy has really no chance :lol:

I am also curious about what will they do outside of Japan. When was the last time we watch them outside of Asia? 2004 Athens? :roll:

:lol:

No, at least they played in WGP-finals in Reggio Di Calabria (Italy) in 2006, and in that tournament they was bad. Lost all matches and just won one set against Russia, Brazil and China together.

• I think that Japan gona win over Italy, and that Brazil gonna lose... Just being realistic :thumbsup:

But I still believe that Russia, even Japan can beat USA in this tournment :roll:

• USA will win because they play like a real time. It's unbeliavble how united and in harmony they look on the court.They have great setters,great attacker,great middle blockers and they're great in defense.No holes in game. Brazil is in very bad shape,Russia bad in defense+need better setter. I like how Turkey plays,but it'll be almost impossible to beat USA!

• Tomorow we have 6 very interesting games. :thumbsup: It's difficult to predict all the results. Even Algieria-Great Britain can be interesting.

Especially I wait for JPN-ITA match. IMO Italy and Japan are the most underestimated teams. I think that these teams will perform in OG beter then most of us expect:!:

thats so clear i think that japan will beat italy in straight sets :D if italy goes on playing like this they have no chance against any team on pool B :thumbdown:

• and now its time to watch chian-turkey :thumbsup: i expect a really though match,if china can play its 'asian' game turkey probably get really in trouble,so turkey has to serve almost perfectly to avoid this situation

• Wang Yimei is back to jump serving again. Neslihan with 3 consecutive attacking errors.

• Comparing with CHN our block is just pathetic :down: Naz making creative sets to let players attack against single block but they are so smart and like to hit in the middle of block :mad:

• Horrible start Turkey, like always

• Great defence, nothing wrong in reception and great sets by Aydemir - but still Turkeys attackers is ineffective so far, esp. Neslihan has started really bad.

• that's a little better, no power but just great placing from neslihan..