2012 Olympic Games

• I was reading some comments that talked about Brazil celebrate that it is not respectful, in my opinion I did not see anything disrespectful.
    They were happy, many people did not believe in them and they got the victory. Lack of respect for me and you shout in the face of the players of another team (as they often do the Cubans). Who can say that the Russians had not come they would not celebrate too much?
    How to argue with the referee, the referees are very wrong in the game of BRA XRUS there were errors, by the way a very serious error, which was the point of Brazil and the referee gave point of Russia. In the game of DOM vs. USA also had some errors and Dominican players seemed to accept passively, I gave up anger. I prefer players who challenge but, after all is an Olympiad is a dream for four years. Hopefully in the next matches of arbitos has fewer errors.

I am not against any team celebrate as they wish, provided you do not yell in the face of his opponent and not lack of education, every team that wants to celebrate, even if it is happy to celebrate.
    Well, that's just my opinion.

If the referee really makes a mistake, fine, they would be angry about that, okay.
    but the point is, when a judging is right from the referee, such as the opponent hit a touch out of a Brazilian player, they just don't admit to that, claiming it wasn't a touch , and yelling out they are innocent.
    This will just give more and more pressure to the referre and may hurt the opponent.

Besides, when Fabiana is on the court, other players can't talk to the referee, but we often see other players angrily argue with the referee, eg. Sheilla, This can be given a yellow card.

This might be the reasons why people have problem with Brazil team.

(it's just my opinion.)

• Why does Thaisa has to publicly say she dislike a player?

• I hope we can veer away from these talks. It happened already. Pointing individual players that are arrogant does not bring back the game.

I hope you we can look forward to the games that will be played on Thursday. I have always been amazed on the teamwork of Korean players. Kim Na See orchestrates good combinations. The two MBs are good. In fact, one is a good blocker. I am going to root for them to win GOLD. ^^

• I hope we can veer away from these talks. It happened already. Pointing individual players that are arrogant does not bring back the game.

I hope you we can look forward to the games that will be played on Thursday. I have always been amazed on the teamwork of Korean players. Kim Na See orchestrates good combinations. The two MBs are good. In fact, one is a good blocker. I am going to root for them to win GOLD. ^^

aba umaanderdog ka na rin ha :lol:

• Maybe for you because you're Brazilian and that's all you care about.

No, I always want them to do a good job. In the last 3 years, Brazil doing a good job was rare thing.

You don't know me, sweetheart 8)

• Brazil's victory over Russia was something which I will never forget in my life. Besides the rivalry between the two teams, Brazil could finally beat Russia in a playoff match. After losing in 2004, 2006 and 2010, the history changed in 2012. What amazes me is that this current Brazil's team is weaker than the 2006 and 2010 teams.

I hope we could play well against Japan, it will be a very tough match and we are having lots of trouble in the matches against Asian teams. Brazil's team has gained confidence and rhythm, but that's not enough to beat Japan in the semifinal match. We have to play well, especially when it comes to technique and tactics, which was Brazil's problem during the preliminary round: too many mistakes in service, a lot of missed counter-attacks and absolutely no effectiveness in defense. I can see Brazil's team improved, but they have to play close to perfection if they intend to beat favourites USA or revenge against Korea, either fighting for bronze or gold.

A curiority: in 2008 we have reached the final match winning all the matches in straight sets and giving no chance at all to our opponents. In 2012, we have lost two matches and 12 sets already.
    In 2008 our record was 6-0 (18-0) and now it is 4-2 (13-12).

• Somewhere in this forum, I already posted my comments about Korea. But most discounted my thoughts. They are (adik) with their respective paboritos. ^^

TAMA! JAPAN - KOREA FTW

:drink: :olympia:

• Brazilian players and fans, learn classy statements with Sokolova:

"The first think in come in my mind when I think about Brazil is the word "final". And we always beat them, but this time I don't want to find them." Sokolova, London 2012 (you may feel that she's being ironic, but OF COURSE that's not the case, ok?!)

See? That's a classy statement. :roll:

Next class: classy statements from Ekaterina Gamova. :thumbsup: You brazilian players has so much to learn.... and the fans too. :pinch:

Those players should apologize for celebrating and for the statements. :whistling: Shame on you :wacko:

• Here is the file for the set wins by player through Pool Play.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84518…ICS-women-SHORT-DAY5.xlsx

Quick points
    Hooker and YK Kim were just awesome with both over 5 set wins each.
    Gamova was very good with 4.63.

Top 5 Set Win Performances (not on the chart)
    1. YK Kim, 1.85 versus Serbia.
    2. Destinee Hooker, 1.40 versus Brazil
    3. Gamova, 1.39 versus Japan
    4. Ivana Djersilo (SRB), 1.33 versus Brazil
    5. Ciara Michel (GBR), 1.16 versus Algeria

Gamova's performance against Italy was only good for 1.08 and Goncharova was 0.86.

• does this include the quarterfinals?

• Why does Thaisa has to publicly say she dislike a player?

What Thaisa said exactly was "I don't like seeing anyone cries. Even though she said she hates Brazil, I DON'T HATE THEM." (Não gosto de ver ninguém chorar. Mesmo com ela dizendo que odeia o Brasil, não odeio elas).
    Funny thing is even I don't like Thaisa that much, but this time she said nothing offensive. And even if she had, "it's up to the person (...) and everyone has their opinion", so does Gamova and Thaisa.

• all that mess regarding to what gamova says is just stupid.. the only reliable source for me is the interview she gave for a brazilian tv chanel (sportv) where she said she doesnt hate brazilian playes..all other suposed things she has said came from google translations of her interviews in russian, so not 100% reliable!

it was really funny thaisa complaining after goncharova shout at sheilla after blocking her :whistling:
    and what about the interview fabi gave to espn just after the match?? ''Com todo respeito, detesto o time da Rússia. Com todo respeito, que voltem para casa bastante tristes hoje” - with all due respect, i hate the russian team and i want them very sad going back home

• all that mess regarding to what gamova says is just stupid.. the only reliable source for me is the interview she gave for a brazilian tv chanel (sportv) where she said she doesnt hate brazilian playes..all other suposed things she has said came from google translations of her interviews in russian, so not 100% reliable!

it was really funny thaisa complaining after goncharova shout at sheilla after blocking her :whistling:
    and what about the interview fabi gave to espn just after the match?? ''Com todo respeito, detesto o time da Rússia. Com todo respeito, que voltem para casa bastante tristes hoje” - with all due respect, i hate the russian team and i want them very sad going back home

Because Fabi is just arrogant

• There's no saints in this story.

Brazil and Russia doesn't like each other in volleyball.

Both sides have the same feeling about each other.

• So happy for Asian teams!!! We all knew Japan is great team and they could surprise China,but South Korea,who would expect that!! Really phenomenal!! But still,USA is so strong,there is no way any team will beat them!

• It's ridiculous some statements here. The Brazilians are arrogants, after everything they had to hear from Gamova. In 2008, she sad that Brazil doesn't win any manjor competition, just Grand Prix. In 2010, during the brazilians interviews after the WCH final, many russian players and staff assistants passed behind them celebrating and clearly mocking the brazilians. In 2011 GP, during the semifinal, everytime Gamova scored she smiled at the brazilians in a challenging way.

Sheilla once said that they have a very good relationship with some players of other NT, always say "hello" and chat in the hotels during the competions, but Gamova just passes by and never speaks. Jaque asked Gamova to take a picture with her, Gamova didn't want to. What a classy lady.

BTW, Goncharova is the classy one yealling at the brazilians. Ok.

Brazil clearly doesn't like Gamova. As is their right. And today is big day for all of us.

• Brazil-Russia was great match. The best level of volleyball. I didn't have my favourite in that game - I just wanted to see a really good play. And both teams didn't let me down. A match to remember. :obey:
    Big congratulations also for South Korea. They were much better against Italy. Fantastic achievement for this team.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• There's no saints in this story.

Brazil and Russia doesn't like each other in volleyball.

Both sides have the same feeling about each other.

I agree.
    The important thing is both teams have respect on the court, as it should be with any opponent. If off the court like it or not this is a problem and an opinion of them.