Italy - Serie A1 Femminile 2012/2013

• Portuguese, italian, spanish have many similar words, and way of speech, so, though of course, it is not the same...It is not that hard for us after a while understand the languages between these...I guess.

I never studied italian per say....but for so much listening, and after a month in Italy I could understand almost everything..my sister she speaks quite well italian..and she also never studied in a school or anything.

I learned French and Spanish in school and from that I can understand Italian very well, but in Portuguese I don't really understand anything :D

• I learned French and Spanish in school and from that I can understand Italian very well, but in Portuguese I don't really understand anything :D

:lol: yes, Id say portuguese is the hardest one of these...cause we have large vocabulary..and we usually dont use in our daily life the words used in the other three languages, though we have similar ones in our vocabulary, so we understand spanish and italian, but they dont understand us much. ;)

for example....thank you..we say Obrigado, while spanish says gracias, italian grazie....but we do have agradecido, grato... in our vocabulary...we just dont usually use it.

• Portuguese, italian, spanish have many similar words, and way of speech, so, though of course, it is not the same...It is not that hard for us after a while understand the languages between these...I guess.

I never studied italian per say....but for so much listening, and after a month in Italy I could understand almost everything..my sister she speaks quite well italian..and she also never studied in a school or anything.

:D i wish i could understand other languages like you in a month..

• :lol: yes, Id say portuguese is the hardest one of these...cause we have large vocabulary..and we usually dont use in our daily life the words used in the other three languages, though we have similar ones in our vocabulary, so we understand spanish and italian, but they dont understand us much. ;)

for example....thank you..we say Obrigado, while spanish says gracias, italian grazie....but we do have agradecido, grato... in our vocabulary...we just dont usually use it.

Italian and Spanish lang. are nice..i dont know much about Portuguese..just heard from Ze.. :lol:

• can a portugese speaking person have an opinion on what is being talked when seomone speaking Italian ? (bcz both are latin languages)

Learn Spanish is easy for us. Italian, second. French, third. Grammar (morphology, syntax, spelling, etc.) is similar. If you learn how to pronounce words you can get it fastly. I studied Italian, Spanish, French, Latin and some Ancient Greek. I don't know if I can understand those languages cause of my studies or because I am a portuguese speaker.

At the University of São Paulo we have a lot of foreign students from all around world. I notice that Spanish speakers (spaniards, south americans, mexicans) can communicate with us easily even when they don't know portuguese and brazilians have any Spanish knowledge . It's only start to talk. Italians have more difficulties, but not so much. I know some italians that speak portuguese as brazilians. French people prefers to speak English or French. Nevertheless, a few french people that decided to learn portuguese can speak pretty well.

• I think you are a bit off topic, btw I like this kind of conversations ;)

As student of foreign languages, I can see for Italians is more difficult learning Poutuguese than Spanish and French... But it's not so easy as it seems... I mean, it's easy learn a language similar to the one you speak everyday in a "general" way but it's much more difficult learning the little differences because you'll always speak and write thinking in your language...

Someone was asking about my nick: I can only say there is a story behind my choice and the first time I used it was about 5 years ago ;)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I think we are actually very off topic..hahahahaha ;) but I like this too.

I think you are right...of course we cant speak any of that languages perfectly without studying it..hehe but I guess what I meant is we can communicate and understand each other between these languages...even If it is not perfect speech some times..hehehe...it is just a matter of being expose to the language for a while...differently of german, turkish, or some other language...

even italians...after a while in Brazil I think you can catch the portuguese...see Vasileva for instance (coming back to volleyball subject..hehehe) she learned portuguese quite fast...in my opinion cause she already knew italian so well of course...same for Sarah, though she was embarassed to talk in portuguese she could understand it. :D

• I also noticed that almost all foreign players in Turkey can speak Italian. Well, its not suprising because they played for many years in Italy. However, in comparison, they can speak little turkish (few words). Therefore, I believe that it must be quite difficult to learn the turkish language... Lo Bianco is good though...respect for her efforts :heart:

• Learn Spanish is easy for us. Italian, second. French, third. Grammar (morphology, syntax, spelling, etc.) is similar. If you learn how to pronounce words you can get it fastly. I studied Italian, Spanish, French, Latin and some Ancient Greek. I don't know if I can understand those languages cause of my studies or because I am a portuguese speaker.

At the University of São Paulo we have a lot of foreign students from all around world. I notice that Spanish speakers (spaniards, south americans, mexicans) can communicate with us easily even when they don't know portuguese and brazilians have any Spanish knowledge . It's only start to talk. Italians have more difficulties, but not so much. I know some italians that speak portuguese as brazilians. French people prefers to speak English or French. Nevertheless, a few french people that decided to learn portuguese can speak pretty well.

i knew as French hate English :thumbsup:
    btw, what about the relationship btw Greek and other latin langugaes (Spanish,ıtalian,potuguese,french ) ? Would you learn Greek easily as in comparison with the ones who dont speak any of latin languages?

• It's completely offtopic, but It's fun to talk. Brazilians good at latin languages is just as obivious as I speak and understand very well the nordic languages. Swedish belongs to Germanic languages, so for us It's easier to learn English, Norwegian, Danish(It sounds a Swedish direct for me though...), German and Dutch. I learnt German when i was in middle school but never liked the sound. German sounds quite blunt and not very friendly, but with some reasons I just became into that language all of a sudden. Many say it's one of the ugliest languages in the world, but I don't think so anymore :lol:

I also took Italian and French classes when i was younger and loved both of them! Italian is a very friendly language and when it comes to the native speaks speak it, It rather sounds like a song. "Mamma mia!" "Vuoi uscire con me, bella?". love the way Italians get cheeky when they see some beautiful girls in the street. French on the other hand, it's a gorgeous language but somehow gay enough. I'd not be surprised if it's voted as the most well loved language by Gay people :lol:

I'd love to try some slavic ones in the near future. Maybe Serbian or Belarusian...If I've got a great chance.

• It's completely offtopic, but It's fun to talk. Brazilians good at latin languages is just as obivious as I speak and understand very well the nordic languages. Swedish belongs to Germanic languages, so for us It's easier to learn English, Norwegian, Danish(It sounds a Swedish direct for me though...), German and Dutch. I learnt German when i was in middle school but never liked the sound. German sounds quite blunt and not very friendly, but with some reasons I just became into that language all of a sudden. Many say it's one of the ugliest languages in the world, but I don't think so anymore :lol:

I also took Italian and French classes when i was younger and loved both of them! Italian is a very friendly language and when it comes to the native speaks speak it, It rather sounds like a song. "Mamma mia!" "Vuoi uscire con me, bella?". love the way Italians get cheeky when they see some beautiful girls in the street. French on the other hand, it's a gorgeous language but somehow gay enough. I'd not be surprised if it's voted as the most well loved language by Gay people :lol:

I'd love to try some slavic ones in the near future. Maybe Serbian or Belarusian...If I've got a great chance.

:lol: :thumbsup:
    what about Finnish?

• :lol: :thumbsup:
    what about Finnish?

Many people are confused...but Finnish is not germanic, so its totally different compared to Svenska, Dansk, Norsk...
    I heard it belongs to the same groupe as Hungarian and Turkish. But not sure...

• Many people are confused...but Finnish is not germanic, so its totally different compared to Svenska, Dansk, Norsk...

yes , some linguistics say they form a familiy : Hungarian,Finnish,Estonian,Turkish,Japanese,Korean etc..some thinks a ltitle differently.

• Many people are confused...but Finnish is not germanic, so its totally different compared to Svenska, Dansk, Norsk...

yes...when I was in Hungary, our guide said the closest language they had to hungarian was finnish, but she said they dont understand each other anyway..hehehehehehe

• i knew as French hate English :thumbsup:
    btw, what about the relationship btw Greek and other latin langugaes (Spanish,ıtalian,potuguese,french ) ? Would you learn Greek easily as in comparison with the ones who dont speak any of latin languages?

Well, in portuguese we do have some greek origins words, like exodo (that is exit, but here we usually uses saída instead of exodo, exodo is more used like when a group of people leaves a city to another..or something like that)...anyway...but not enough to actually understand it..hehehehe First cause it is different alphabet, so that makes harder...but when we translate the alphabet,yes, some words are similar, but not as the other latin languages.

• Wow, Conegliano eliminated Villa :white:

I really expected Villa to do better this season, they had a pretty good roster...but somehow they were never really able to get it all together.

8| Definetly a surprise...but Conegliano did played really well the last game.

I think it was a busy season for Villa, lets say...with Asystel leaving and then Caprara...like you wrote...they could never really show they full potencial.

• :wavy:

8| Definetly a surprise...but Conegliano did played really well the last game.

I think it was a busy season for Villa, lets say...with Asystel leaving and then Caprara...like you wrote...they could never really show they full potencial.

And with Rondon as main setter :down: :wavy:

• Well, in portuguese we do have some greek origins words, like exodo (that is exit, but here we usually uses saída instead of exodo, exodo is more used like when a group of people leaves a city to another..or something like that)...anyway...but not enough to actually understand it..hehehehe First cause it is different alphabet, so that makes harder...but when we translate the alphabet,yes, some words are similar, but not as the other latin languages.

I see.Turkish also shares many idioms with Greek due to ottoman empire times...lots of Arabic,Farsi words are there in Turkish due to the ottoman empire's era and religion.,Serbian language includes many common words with turkish due to ottomans empire..Spanish includes many Arabic words....ets...English includes enourmous amounth of words form other languages etc..more than% 50...some say % 80 of english....some linguistics see this as richness of a languges, including many words from other languages which i agree with.

sorry for being off-topic!