2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• kondzio,

yes, i know about eve-castillo's injury but are there any reports on her progress?????

do you know why echenique was cut, she has worked with kwiek for so many years now...

I don't know nothing more about Eve-Castillo, maybe she recovered eventually, it's quite a long time after injury.

Maybe Echenique just resigned from NT after taking citizenship, but I don't think that she could find place in Puerto Rican NT.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• what about Neslihan Demir ? she was said to be back for Wch..

• Demir is on the list in wide roster :D I wonder if she's ready to be back :roll: anyway pair Neslihan - Polen is much better than Seda - Yeliz, both were on bench and we had receiving OPs on court which struggled even here :lol:

• Biggest problem for Croatia is Martina Malevic (L) :/ Senna Ušić was great in Grand Prix part 2 and finalfour, very good passing and digging :win: ...So Mira Topic missing is not biggest problem for croatia :whistling:

• I don't agree! Usiç's performance is erratic. She can play one great match and the next day play like an ameteur. If Crotia will keep Mia Jerkov as starter, they should have another OH who has more stable reception such as Topiç. In the absence of Topiç, I think Matea Ikiç could be useful too :whistle:

• Ikic is useful and she can also be used as L if necessary :wavy: and agree that Senna Usic is so unstable player

• I totally agree. Despite being a big fan of Croatia I don't see any big chance...Topic is such an important player and her and Jerkov make a great duo both in the back and in front. Usic is okay for a bench player but Croatia with her as starter, hell no.

Hana Cutura has been added to the roster but apparently she and Topic are already training in Wroclaw, so I don't think she will join the NT.

• I'm not fan of Usic but what i saw in WGP is that Senna improve a lot with Angelo as player and 1 more month with him she will be very good :whistling: ...I agree for Ikic playing as libero ^^
    But Topic is for sure very important player for Cro
    Croatia depends on Grbac if she play like how she knows Cro will not be eazy opponet

• Well all of you let's talk real. Yes I agree Senna is not a stable player, but she was playing really good at the WGP. On the other hand I don't know why Jerkov is given such credit. Yes she is playing good, she might be underrated but in this forum she has been overrated lately. Lets not make her Kim. She can pass good, and is a good attacker but she was nowhere near that player you think of her..

So I think it's fair that if you judge one player, you do the same with the others.

• Who made Jerkov Kim? The level difference between those two is huge. :what: I think she defends her spot in NT because she's the most stable OH among croatian OHs. As I mentioned earlier she and Topic make a great duo together, besides she's a good blocker too. About Usic - I don't know why she was given so many chances despite not having been a solid player. I was kinda mad at Micelli for using her and letting Havelkova who's supposed to be a far better player than Usic sit at bench all the time :down: Perhaps she will be useful against weaker teams but overall she's limited. But since Topic left NT and I don't think Klaric or Jelic are better than Usic, she can defent her spot as starter.

• Who made Jerkov Kim? The level difference between those two is huge. :what: I think she defends her spot in NT because she's the most stable OH among croatian OHs. As I mentioned earlier she and Topic make a great duo together, besides she's a good blocker too. About Usic - I don't know why she was given so many chances despite not having been a solid player. I was kinda mad at Micelli for using her and letting Havelkova who's supposed to be a far better player than Usic sit at bench all the time :down: Perhaps she will be useful against weaker teams but overall she's limited. But since Topic left NT and I don't think Klaric or Jelic are better than Usic, she can defent her spot as starter.

Well the way many users talk about Jerkov here makes her look like it. Nobody said she is as good as Kim of course.
    And you are right Havelkova is supposed to be far better player, but eight now she is not. She was not in Ecz and not in Nt as much as I watched her play.. She wasn't that great

• Well the way many users talk about Jerkov here makes her look like it. Nobody said she is as good as Kim of course.
    And you are right Havelkova is supposed to be far better player, but eight now she is not. She was not in Ecz and not in Nt as much as I watched her play.. She wasn't that great

I really do think that Jerkov is a great player. There is not much player who can score a lot and receive in a reasonable level meanwhile. Nobody claims her level is close to Kim, yet, to me she is very good offensive OH with good serving and blocking skills. :whistle:

• Well the way many users talk about Jerkov here makes her look like it. Nobody said she is as good as Kim of course.

WGP Group3 statistic http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…Prix/2014/Statistics3.asp
    ranking: (X)
    Scorer: Havelkova (5)---Senna (6)---Jerkov (4)
    Spiker: Havelkova (4) eff.28.20% Total 195---Senna (12) 22.47% Total 218---Jerkov (14) 35.11% Total 131
    Blocker: Havelkova (13)---Senna (23)---Jerkov (19)
    Server: Havelkova (26)---Senna (7)---Jerkov (13)
    Digger: Havelkova (12)---Senna (7)---Jerkov (20)
    Receiver: Havelkova (6) eff.39.48%, Total 233---Senna (9) 29.95%, Total 197---Jerkov (N/A) 41.4%, Total 128

Havelkova's current performence is much better than Senna...
    I think the biggest problem for Senna is that she can't score when facing strong, well organized block, she got blocked or just hit ball without any threat to opponents. Also her reception is unstable, or I could say bad.
    And Mia, she's not at Kim's level, but one thing for sure: she better than Senna 8)

come on USAvolleyfan We know you are Senna's big fan, but no need to argue this kind of things everytime, you can't turn how the others thinking.
    But Senna herself can, so just wait for WCH start, maybe Senna could surprise us ^^

• Sorry, I can't agree with you about Havelkova not better than Usic. Helena is not Kim either but at least she plays a consistent volleyball and has been working as starter since she was 18. Now she's almost like a complete player although she has ups and downs, but who doesn't? Usic is quite okay but you always sound like she's someone who can make a big difference, she can't and People speak highly of Jerkov because she's that good...

As a big fan of Havelkova, I think it wasn't a wise idea to compare her to Usic...I just did it because they both played for EVZ on the same
    position, no more reasons.

Well surprises always can happen, especially when our expectations are so low, so let's see.

• Sorry, I can't agree with you about Havelkova not better than Usic. Helena is not Kim either but at least she plays a consistent volleyball and has been working as starter since she was 18. Now she's almost like a complete player although she has ups and downs, but who doesn't? Usic is quite okay but you always sound like she's someone who can make a big difference, she can't and People speak highly of Jerkov because she's that good...

As a big fan of Havelkova, I think it wasn't a wise idea to compare her to Usic...I just did it because they both played for EVZ on the same
    position, no more reasons.

Well surprises always can happen, especially when our expectations are so low, so let's see.

You got me wrong. I did not say Havelkova is not better than Senna overall.. she is. I was talking about that particular period while the two were in Ecz..

And I don't agree about Jerkov. When has she proven that she is that good? In Bursa? In Japan? When? I am not saying she is bad not at all, but not as good as she has been spoken about lately.

And I am officially done discussing both Senna and Bahar on this forum :wavy: