2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Ana is without club now. I think she's just an ordinary tall setter, not so horrible but not quite outstanding, although I really liked her match against the Netherlands last ECH. Her 1st task is managing "How" to deal with her nerves when the match becomes tighter.

• Ana is without club now. I think she's just an ordinary tall setter, not so horrible but not quite outstanding, although I really liked her match against the Netherlands last ECH. Her 1st task is managing "How" to deal with her nerves when the match becomes tighter.

Well I agree. I would compare her to Radecka nowadays.. she is not bad like missing players and setting low or short but she doesn't do anything special.. just setting ordinary.

• Freya Aelbrecht got injured in the friendly match against Germany today. There's no detailed info yet, Kozuch mentioned it in an interview.

Sad news :down: Who is the 4th MB of Belgium?

• It should be Sarah Cools (1997 :!: ) who played a bit against Germany, in the roster there is also Maud Catry but I think she's not with the team now. If Aelbrecht will really be out Bland and Heyrman will be starters, still two good players.

Yeah Angie Bland is also very good player, also I liked Cools a lot, she will be a good player very soon :thumbup:

• 4th MB can be Maud Catry, but she didn't get chances in last years. Other MB is Nathalie Lemmens. And Vandesteene can be used as MB if necessary :wavy: and I forgot about Cools...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kristin posted a picture of her packing and said that she is going to Italy for the WCH.
    Is she back to the 14-players roster or will Karch cut some girls in Italy?!

• Kristin posted a picture of her packing and said that she is going to Italy for the WCH.
    Is she back to the 14-players roster or will Karch cut some girls in Italy?!

Any news who's in this 14 ?( I expect that Glass, Thompson, Murphy, Hill, Larson-Burbach, Robinson, Hildebrand, Akinradewo, Harmotto Dietzen, Davis and Banwarth are there.

There are 3 missing spots and contenders are: Fawcett/Klineman (OP), Lichtman (OH for serve/backrow), Adams/Dixon/Gibbemeyer/Paolini (MBs).

• Did Kristin play the last weekend of GP? I don't remember.
    I just found weird that she did not come to Brazil

• Did Kristin play the last weekend of GP? I don't remember.
    I just found weird that she did not come to Brazil

Hildebrand wasn't in Thailand :wavy: either she or Lichtman will be probably in Italy (I don't think that they'll get rid of Hill and Robinson...), because I think that Kiraly will take 4 MBs so 2 from 4 Adams/Dixon/Gibbemeyer/Paolini will probably play on WCH.

• That's why I'm wondering if Karch is taking more than 14 girls to Europe, of he has already made the cut

• That's why I'm wondering if Karch is taking more than 14 girls to Europe, of he has already made the cut

I tried to find anything on usavolleyball.org but there's only wide rostewr there :what:

• Any news who's in this 14 ?( I expect that Glass, Thompson, Murphy, Hill, Larson-Burbach, Robinson, Hildebrand, Akinradewo, Harmotto Dietzen, Davis and Banwarth are there.

There are 3 missing spots and contenders are: Fawcett/Klineman (OP), Lichtman (OH for serve/backrow), Adams/Dixon/Gibbemeyer/Paolini (MBs).

They'll probably announce the roster just before the start of the tournament.. It's a real surprise to me that Kristin is there. I doubt Karch will leave his favorite serving sub at home, so Lichtman is going IMO. But then it leaves us with only 3 MBs which the USA never does.. So my opinions

1. Kristin in, Cassidy out. Adams and Dixon/Gibby in
    2. Kristin in as second OPP, Cassidy in. Adams and Dixon/Gibby in
    3. Kristin in, Casidy in. Adams/Dixon/Gibby in

• They'll probably announce the roster just before the start of the tournament.. It's a real surprise to me that Kristin is there. I doubt Karch will leave his favorite serving sub at home, so Lichtman is going IMO. But then it leaves us with only 3 MBs which the USA never does.. So my opinions

I still mention Paolini, but I see that she's out of the picture because she didn't play a single match throughout WGP. And I'm sure that Harmotto with Akinradewo are with certain places.
    I also wonder what will Kiraly do with backup OP - we saw Fawcett, ideas with Klineman and also Hildebrand though I don't think that Hildebrand suits as OP... but from these options number 2 is for me the most likely, then is option 3 because I also think that Lichtman has quite big chances to go to Italy...

• I still mention Paolini, but I see that she's out of the picture because she didn't play a single match throughout WGP. And I'm sure that Harmotto with Akinradewo are with certain places.
    I also wonder what will Kiraly do with backup OP - we saw Fawcett, ideas with Klineman and also Hildebrand though I don't think that Hildebrand suits as OP... but from these options number 2 is for me the most likely, then is option 3 because I also think that Lichtman has quite big chances to go to Italy...

Well you never know with the USA.. Thompson has been introduced in 2009 and played in many of those matches and then in 2010 Glass became first setter, then in 2011 Berg was the one and in 2012 when we all thought Glass will be second setter in London, she was cut and Cortney was in.. Same might happen with Paolini

• They'll probably announce the roster just before the start of the tournament.. It's a real surprise to me that Kristin is there. I doubt Karch will leave his favorite serving sub at home, so Lichtman is going IMO. But then it leaves us with only 3 MBs which the USA never does.. So my opinions

Can anyone please tell me why CASSIDY LICHTMAN is playing in the National Team of USA? As you understand - I would like to know for which actuall abilities did she get this role ahead of other 60-70 100-time more talented girls from US???

TO me this seems the most breaking injustice in NT volleyball. Maybe her father served in Vietnam together with Karg, or maybe she is his 4thblooded cousin? maybe something else (but its even harder to believe).

HOW POSSIBLE? Please anyone give me an answer. But please don't say - she serves well (it is not American Football, to have a kicker to kick the ball).

• No, Harmotto (unfortunately) has no certain place in the 14-player roster. Karch did an interview with the Net Live (Priddy's radio) just over a week ago and he said that right know he has like 4-5 question marks about WCH roster. And one of them is Christa, because of her health. So she may play in Italy and she may not. I hope she can make it.

• Can anyone please tell me why CASSIDY LICHTMAN is playing in the National Team of USA? As you understand - I would like to know for which actuall abilities did she get this role ahead of other 60-70 100-time more talented girls from US???

TO me this seems the most breaking injustice in NT volleyball. Maybe her father served in Vietnam together with Karg, or maybe she is his 4thblooded cousin? maybe something else (but its even harder to believe).

HOW POSSIBLE? Please anyone give me an answer. But please don't say - she serves well (it is not American Football, to have a kicker to kick the ball).

Well nobody knows.. She is coming in just for serve and maybe sometimes to pass in the back row but never gets front row playing time. She has a good serve yes, but if that;s her only job then other girls can do the same thing such as Dixon, Gibby, Hill (if not a starter), Thompson.. so I don't know