2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Waiting for Italia versus Hrvatska :D I know that Croatia is weaker compared to Italy, also considering Italian players being supported by their home crowds. But I want them to make something big. Hopefully Brcic and Fabris will be starters today.

• Leys was such stable OH in team and she has become so weak hitter recently :white:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Belgium lost the fourth set from 20-16 :!:

Azerbaijan -Belgium match will be interesting.. which do you think will prevail ?

no, canter, they lost from being up 20-13 as per above!!!!!

i just caught the match from third set. what a collapse by BEL. vd steene can't kill in crucial moments and so many bad sets in their counterattack. so sad.

• no, canter, they lost from being up 20-13 as per above!!!!!

i just caught the match from third set. what a collapse by BEL. vd steene can't kill in crucial moments and so many bad sets in their counterattack. so sad.

oh really? :white: .. that is worse for Belgiu then... when i opened the live score it was 20-16 for Belgium..

• great comeback from Japan :super:

I cheered for them. I think China will be leader of the group but other 3 places are under question.

I kinda was disappointed by Azerbaijan NT performance against China. Maybe, yesterday's match made big expectations from them.

They already played against 2 Asian teams, I hope tomorrow they will win.

I wish China, Japan and Azerbaijan together qualify for the next round ^^

• well, depending on whom you ask, AZE IS IN asia… as are turkey, israel and cyprus… :- )

It's funny that Turkey demanding to join the European Union despite being located more in Asia :D

• I didn't say anything about the geographical location of Azerbaijan ;) ( for me best location that describe Azerbaijan is Caucasus )

What I meant they only played with Asian teams, so I can't clearly say anything about the team, we should watch them against other teams also.

• just watched the 5th set of DOM x GER.

risky strategy by kwiek at the end but it worked. take out marte in front row, put in fersola for blocking; but they had castillo and binet in back row, and 3 times, castillo sets to de la cruz for the kill.

congrats to my DOM girls!!!!!! i just wish they wouldn't make it so hard on themselves to win matches… :-)

• Centoni has just made a point with her pancake :cheesy:

• Poljak is just priceless to watch :super: Whenever Usic screws the match, Poljak saves the team...

• Jeez, another reception error from Usic and Italy got the 1st set... Croatia was very very close to winning the set, they need more concentration. I wish Topic was there so that she could replace Usic... Klaric is even weaker than Usic and Alajbeg isn't even there, too bad for Croatia.

Poljak playing like her best days :white: She's a human wall I'd say...

• Costagrande saved the day. Usic... no comments :rolll:
    Poljak just rules!

Bulgaria collapsed...

• Maja makes a HUGE difference in this team. It's not even possible to compare her to Kitipova.
    And WOW, Boskovic is so amazing... where does she play?