2012 Olympic Games

• FINALLY!!! :cup:

A first gold since 1980!

Congratulation to RUSSIA and all Russian Fans who waited for this medal for so long!!!! :olympia:

• I hope that on the big olympic final we'll see a real battle and high quality volleyball from both sides. Russia and Brazil should be extremely motivated, cause they're playing for the gold. I hope that Alekno's guys won't be stiff today because of the pressure and will show their game - if that happens, I am pretty sure that we'll see a HQ match and Russia will have the chance for the gold. As for Brazil I have no worries, coz I'm sure that they will play to the max.

I'm so happy that my hopes for the final were justified! What a battle only - with a full turn out, absolutely epic drama! Сборная - молодцы! :obey: Mr. Alekno, you're the man!!! :obey: :obey: :obey: Congrats for Brazilians, too! Although they didn't win the gold, this final was a great ending of some of the players' careers :thumbup:
    Once again, big congrats for Russia! :win:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

A first gold since 1980!

Congratulation to RUSSIA and all Russian Fans who waited for this medal for so long!!!! :olympia:

I more surprise about you showing up, LightMaster! :lol:

• Best players according to stats:
    Best scorer: Maxim Mikhaylov
    Best spiker: Maxim Mikhaylov
    Best blocker: Max Günthör
    Best server: Cristian Savani
    Best digger: Teodor Salparov
    Best setter: Georgi Bratoev
    Best receiver: Krzysztof Ignaczak
    Best libero: Markus Steuerwald
    MVP: Murilo Endres

For me the best setter is a joke and I don't know what to think about best libero, rest look OK.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• I more surprise about you showing up, LightMaster! :lol:

Time is flying so fast :)
    I feel, like I was here yesterday last time, not two years ago.... :aww:

• Great Alekno, Great Russia :obey: Finally they showed 80% of their potential :serve:

Salparov is the best digger of the Olympic Games :obey:

• Time is flying so fast :)
    I feel, like I was here yesterday last time, not two years ago.... :aww:

I hope to see you more often! :wavy:

And a little to late, but thank you for all the matches you shared in woman's multimidia, I downloaded most of them! :D

• There's no best digger award, according to the women's tournament.

• There's no best digger award, according to the women's tournament.

He is best digger by stats ;)

• So, yeap, it is definitely the end of an era. I feel a bit sad about it, but I'm not as pessimistic as Yavor were on one of his posts. It's true we haven't been as successful on our youth categories, like in the past, but I definitely see some good talents coming up to feed our NT. We have a good basis already, with Bruno, Wallace, the MB's and the OH's. It's a good balance between youth and experience, and there's also room for improvement. We definitely gonna struggle with our liberos, cause simply no one can replace Sérgio. I'd like a chance for Thiago Brendle. There's also Otávio, Tiago Barth, Isac (MB's), Renan (OPP), Lucarelli, Maurício (OH's), young guys who I think we can invest and can give us good results. We're probably not gonna be as successful as we were specially from 2001 to 2007, but that's way too hard. And though it was cool for us, it was pretty boring for everyone else. However, I definitely believe we're still gonna be among the very best, and gonna come back strong to try to win again this gold at home, in 4 years. I believe we can do it.

Youngster must come at once, Rezende or new coach can't wait with taking them to the national team. In my opinion they could do it even earlier. It will be really tough to build a team, which will be as strong as Brazil in last few years. I hope also, that Eder will come back, I think he should be in the national team instead of Rodrigao, who is completely unnecessary(hey, are there any rumors about where he's going to play next season?), or even any other middle blocker.
    Rezende had his favourite roster and he didn't change it, sometimes I was very angry because of that. I would like to see Lorena, Arjona, it's not too late for them.
    From young players I believe especially in Renan, Lucarelli(yeah, even, that his performance in the World League wasn't perfect) and Mauricio.
    We can't forget about Wallace Martins and Theo, absence of first was like a mistery for me, I guess he was injured...?

And I hope again I will be able to watch Murilo as long as it's possible. He should be a captain of Brazil :obey:

A first gold since 1980!

GREAT to see you back, LightMaster :flower: :flower: :flower:

Please stay with us :!:

• Congratulations Russia and fans here :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Youngster must come at once, Rezende or new coach can't wait with taking them to the national team. In my opinion they could do it even earlier. It will be really tough to build a team, which will be as strong as Brazil in last few years. I hope also, that Eder will come back, I think he should be in the national team instead of Rodrigao, who is completely unnecessary(hey, are there any rumors about where he's going to play next season?), or even any other middle blocker.
    Rezende had his favourite roster and he didn't change it, sometimes I was very angry because of that. I would like to see Lorena, Arjona, it's not too late for them.
    From young players I believe especially in Renan, Lucarelli(yeah, even, that his performance in the World League wasn't perfect) and Mauricio.
    We can't forget about Wallace Martins and Theo, absence of first was like a mistery for me, I guess he was injured...?

And I hope again I will be able to watch Murilo as long as it's possible. He should be a captain of Brazil :obey:

I was thinking about Éder, then I went checking and I got astonished: the guy's nearly 30 years old. He's actually turning 29 in october. I definitely prefered him over Rodrigão (I never really liked Rodrigão, I never really saw him being that good to be a NT player so I'm more than ready to say goodbye), but I'm not sure if he'll make to 2016. Éder is a good, consistent MB, but not amazing and I think the younger MB's can surpass him faster.
    I love William Arjona, he could've definitely helped the team this year. But I'm thinking he won't be called. :( The setters are probably gonna be Bruno and either Raphael or some other younger setter. I wanted Lorena to have been called in 2010. Now I think it might be a little late for him. We struggled with OPP's, yeah. Ever since André Nascimento, we couldn't keep one. I think Wallace can be our guy, he's full of potential. He played a great match against Russia in the final, and he's capable of much more. Wallace Martins wasn't injured, it was a technical choice by the staff. IMO, a right choice. I never really liked him that much. I think we have to develop new, younger OPP's. I'd very much like to have Renan in the roster, he's a beast. I think this is his time. (I keep reminding him, cause he started as MB and made the transition to OPP... :whistling: ).
    Haven't heard a thing about where Rodrigão will play next season. That's quite symptomatic, I think. He's definitely not gonna play in a top brazilian team. In Brazil I guess his chances left are either Florianópolis (former Cimed) or Vôlei Futuro, both teams having losing sponsors and probably not gonna be contenders this next season. I'm not sure, I think he'll move abroad.

• It's hard to believe in Brazil out of the podium!!!

But I'm sad and excited about the end of this era.

I hope to see all those guys having oportunity to play in our NT, they needs internacional experience, first of all!

We can build a strong team for 2016, I have no doubt about it!

:drink:

• MVP goes to Murilo

MVP: Murilo Endres (BRA)
    Best Scorer: Maxim Mikhaylov (RUS)
    Best Spiker: Maxim Mikhaylov (RUS)
    Best Blocker: Max Günthör (GER)
    Best Server: Cristian Savani (ITA)
    Best Setter: Georgi Bratoev (BUL)
    Best Receiver: Krzysztof Ignaczak (POL)
    Best Libero: Markus Steuerwald (GER)

source: http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=36516&Language=en

• Brazil lost because of Giba, I'm sure of that.
    In the third set, Brazil was leading 2 points ahead of Russia, Giba substituted for Dante to receive Tetyukhin's serve, and he got an ace, right from Giba.
    What a terrible goodbye Giba said.

Anyway, big congratulations to Russia. since the other outside hitters are always quite poor, I wonder if they will switch Mikhaylov to OH in the future. :rolll:

Dante have a knee injury :thumbdown:, that´s why he was substituted