2012 Olympic Games

• Well done USA team. Very nice job.

On the other side what I can say? It seems like these olimpic games are really unlike for brazilian volleyball. Even the male NT looks so far from their best times... I'm really sad for Dante, I hope he will win an olimpic medal again.

• Congratulations, USA. Good win by USA.

Their serves killed us today. :sos: Our reception paid all their sins today :D

But I still believe in medals. I not gonna try to say which medal... :D :D :D

USA is playing way better than in WL, Poland and USA are the favorites for the gold medal IMO.

But Russia and Brasil are not dead yet...

Cheers Brasil.:drink: :drink: :drink:

• What do you think about the Italian libero going in the field instead of Lasko when Fei is in back row? I think this is good because Lasko can have some rest and Fei can play both as MB or OP so, why not let him do it?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• What do you think about the Italian libero going in the field instead of Lasko when Fei is in back row? I think this is good because Lasko can have some rest and Fei can play both as MB or OP so, why not let him do it?

For me Fei would be more useful on opposite than Lasko... Lasko i dont trust a lot, his attacks are not so powerful and his diagonal is mostly used, while Birarelli would be better choose on MB than Fei for me...

• Italy has two liberos, so their players sets played number should be 88

You cannot play two liberos at once. If you watch the matches, he swaps them out. One does serve reserve the other plays defense on serve. To me it is just strange. Because of this it is difficult to say exactly how many points each one plays without watching an entire match. In my limited time due to work right now, I cannot take up 2 hours to watch specifically for the libero.

• Very interesting. Does it mean that Stanley, Bartman and Atanasijevic are the most efficient players and Poland and USA the two strongest teams?

Should Serbia have 91 or just 9?

It depends from how you define "strength"

• I watched almost all of Brazil-USA last night and I was not that impressed by the US. They played without mistakes and that's all. The good thing about them is that they are too consistent - they can't seem to make a bad game. Really stable team which you have to beat, because USA won't beat itself. Butif Russia or Poland play their best, I don't think US will have any chances. Just like in WL.

I haven't watched Brazil-Russia but I suppose Russia beat itself. Because I can't see how Brazil could win vs good Russia. Brazilians are less motivated - ok, they have injuries - ok, they have contradictions with Rezende - ok, but I think their main negative point is their age. A huge mistake by Rezende in my opinion and as some of you've mentioned is that he didn't integrate younger players during the years. Brazil plays the most difficult volleyball for old men. All that defence and style of play. For ex. Russia would have a lot less problems playing it's own style of play with players at 35 than Brazil.

• I watched almost all of Brazil-USA last night and I was not that impressed by the US. They played without mistakes and that's all. The good thing about them is that they are too consistent - they can't seem to make a bad game. Really stable team which you have to beat, because USA won't beat itself. Butif Russia or Poland play their best, I don't think US will have any chances. Just like in WL.

I haven't watched Brazil-Russia but I suppose Russia beat itself. Because I can't see how Brazil could win vs good Russia. Brazilians are less motivated - ok, they have injuries - ok, they have contradictions with Rezende - ok, but I think their main negative point is their age. A huge mistake by Rezende in my opinion and as some of you've mentioned is that he didn't integrate younger players during the years. Brazil plays the most difficult volleyball for old men. All that defence and style of play. For ex. Russia would have a lot less problems playing it's own style of play with players at 35 than Brazil.

I can't agree more. When I watched USA- BRA live last night I thought that the USA played really well but after watching the last 2 sets again this morning I definitely share your opinion - nothing special just consistency and commitment. In sets 3 and 4 Brazil
    served badly (mistakes or easy serves) so the USA had a very easy job - just not to make mistakes. I don't think Brazil is much stronger than during the WL but time will tell.

• I don't understand why Theo Lopes is not in the olimpic roster. I like him a lot. I think he's better than Vissotto. In the 2011 World League he played really well. Sometimes I watched RJX matches and he was most importan spiker beside to Dante. It's very strange he's not playing in NT.