Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Already last week Tess was playing much better than Laura, so I think it's a bit unfair she isn't even invited to NT. Whenever I watch Laura, I have the impression she isn't a setter out of conviction but because some coach at some time told her to play as setter. Tess looks way more "talented", too bad she isn't a bit taller...

• Already last week Tess was playing much better than Laura, so I think it's a bit unfair she isn't even invited to NT. Whenever I watch Laura, I have the impression she isn't a setter out of conviction but because some coach at some time told her to play as setter. Tess looks way more "talented", too bad she isn't a bit taller...

The only reason, Laura is starting setter in Dutch NT, is her bigger experience, related to the other young setters. Related to talent, she is the weakest of all :S

Tess played better the whole season. But in the beginning all people thought that Laura needs some time and will be a great setter then.
    In cup match against Stuttgart Laura played... 0:3
    Some days later Laura was ill and Tess played in league match... 3:2

And also Sarah Petrausch was so weak the whole season...

Louisa Lippmann got so much better during last year, hopefully she can continue with it. Maybe she will be starting six next season. Ok, if Hana and Lonneke would stay in Münster Louisa will be first substitute for their positions. But who knows if they stay. Definitely these playoff matches were very good for Louisa in the end of this season :-)

Big problem für Münster was the bad block during the whole season. Although Münster started with a tall team today, they blocked only three balls in the match (and two of these balls were blocked by Tess :lol: ). Ashley Benson is great in attack but must learn much in block. Laura blocked only a few balls during whole season.

Will be interesting what will happen in Münster this summer. Only Linda Dörendahl and Sarah Petrausch X( have contracts for next season. Louisa Lippmann will stay in "Sportinternat Münster" another year if I'm informed correctly. She will make Abitur next year. Some players have an option for next season. Andrea Berg for example but she had tears in her eyes after todays match, maybe because it was her last season?

We will see...

• Lonneke will probably leave.

What to say about Laura: she is a great girl but such a weak setter...for Münster I hope they will transfer a better setter than Laura.

• And also Sarah Petrausch was so weak the whole season...

Yeah, very disappointing. She was a better player when she was 18-19 than she is now :|

I hope Münster will keep most of their current players. If Sloetjes' injury really takes a long time to recover, she probably can't get any good contract somewhere else, but of course I hope it's not serious and she will stay anyway ;) I think Münster's team has great potential but they couldn't show it this season because of all the injuries, so it would be interesting to see the team play another season, maybe with another setter and either another player instead of Petrausch or simply Ines Bathen back in first six.

About Schwerin, I just noticed they played with Janine Völker as libero today :what: Quite a risk in such an important match! Lisa Thomsen has been playing very well this season. Maybe Teun Buijs did it as signal to the OHs, "you have to play well because Janine is libero so I can't substitute you!".
    Potsdam's hall was sold out, and they sold more tickets than they have places, so some people who had bought tickets couldn't enter the hall :white:

• Yeah, very disappointing. She was a better player when she was 18-19 than she is now :|

I hope Münster will keep most of their current players. If Sloetjes' injury really takes a long time to recover, she probably can't get any good contract somewhere else, but of course I hope it's not serious and she will stay anyway ;) I think Münster's team has great potential but they couldn't show it this season because of all the injuries, so it would be interesting to see the team play another season, maybe with another setter and either another player instead of Petrausch or simply Ines Bathen back in first six.

About Schwerin, I just noticed they played with Janine Völker as libero today :what: Quite a risk in such an important match! Lisa Thomsen has been playing very well this season. Maybe Teun Buijs did it as signal to the OHs, "you have to play well because Janine is libero so I can't substitute you!".
    Potsdam's hall was sold out, and they sold more tickets than they have places, so some people who had bought tickets couldn't enter the hall :white:

About Thomsen: maybe it was to surprise Potsdam :win:

• I hope Münster will keep most of their current players. If Sloetjes' injury really takes a long time to recover, she probably can't get any good contract somewhere else, but of course I hope it's not serious and she will stay anyway ;) I think Münster's team has great potential but they couldn't show it this season because of all the injuries, so it would be interesting to see the team play another season, maybe with another setter and either another player instead of Petrausch or simply Ines Bathen back in first six.

Ok, the injuries were a problem during the season but I hope the officials of USC will not "sleep" because of this. This team has not the potential to get champion! But probably it costs as much as other top three teams. Never ever this team would play for the title. It needs a much better setter and an outside hitter with good reception and good scoring. Ok, I was happy with the reception of Hana today. I have heard that she trained reception very much druing last weeks (without jumping), perhaps it was good for her in the long run.

Ines Bathen was great in Dresden. But she is too short to play against a setter like Apitz and attackers like Utla, de Kruijf and Izquierdo. I don't think that Münster can fight for the title with Ines in first six, that makes me sad but the officials must realize it. They did it last summer I think but Sarah is not the attacker that could help the team.

I would like to see a team like this:

S: new very good setter, Tess von Piekartz (and Irina Kemmsies)
    OH: Hana Cutura, new OH (with good skills in attack, reception and block), Ines Bathen, Sina Fuchs, Alisha Ossowski
    Opp: Lonneke Sloetjes, Louisa Lippmann (and Julia Schaefer)
    MB: Ashely Benson, Leonie Schwertmann, (perhaps a new MB), (Andrea Berg or Lea Hildebrand) (and Wiebke Silge)
    L: Linda Dörendahl (if necessary Ines Bathen as substitute or combination of Sina (reception) and Alisha (defending))

• I think that if Laura and Sarah had played as everyone hoped/expected and Münster had stayed free of injuries, the team could have been top 4. But yes, Schwerin and Dresden certainly have the better rosters. Vilsbiburg doesn't even have that many great players, they were very lucky that none of the important players (Möllers, Mesa, Newcombe, Dürr, Renata) had long term injuries, so unlike Dresden and Münster, they could play most matches with their very good starting six. I hope Münster's good way of the last two years will continue next season and they'll have better luck than this year.

On TV there was a short report about Potsdam-Schwerin, it should be online soon here: http://www.rbb-online.de/sport…c_potsdam___schwerin.html

• About Dresden: Robin told us that most of the girls didn't have contract for next season. She would like to stay in Germany next season, but don't know what happens if she gets good contract with club in other country??
    She's happy in Germany and Dresden and could learn more in these league, but who knows what happens after this season??

• About Dresden: Robin told us that most of the girls didn't have contract for next season. She would like to stay in Germany next season, but don't know what happens if she gets good contract with club in other country??
    She's happy in Germany and Dresden and could learn more in these league, but who knows what happens after this season??

I think Robin is ready to play in another league, at least in attack she is very strong. I guess Dresden will create a very strong team for next season and wants to play in CL once again, especially because Volleyball becomes more and more popular there with the hall being sold out so often. I guess Tzscherlich will retire, but apart from her none of the German players is likely to leave because they all have played forever in Dresden. Probably they'd like to have Schoot as libero for next season and keep the other foreigners as well. As far as I know Laura Heyrman has a 2 or even 3 year contract anyway...

• Schwerin - Potsdam, 10-04-2013, 7 PM CET, will be broadcasted at http://www.ndr.de/mv :drink: :drink: :drink:

As expected, dvl-live.tv will also have it as 1 cam stream.

About the semifinals, the following pairs are possible:

If Schwerin and Vilsbiburg win on Wednesday:
    Schwerin-Wiesbaden
    Vilsbiburg-Dresden

If Schwerin and Hamburg win on Wednesday:
    Schwerin-Hamburg
    Dresden-Wiesbaden

If Potsdam and Vilsbiburg win on Wednesday:
    Vilsbiburg-Potsdam
    Dresden-Wiesbaden

If Potsdam and Hamburg win on Wednesday:
    Dresden-Potsdam
    Wiesbaden-Hamburg

• I think Robin is ready to play in another league, at least in attack she is very strong. I guess Dresden will create a very strong team for next season and wants to play in CL once again, especially because Volleyball becomes more and more popular there with the hall being sold out so often. I guess Tzscherlich will retire, but apart from her none of the German players is likely to leave because they all have played forever in Dresden. Probably they'd like to have Schoot as libero for next season and keep the other foreigners as well. As far as I know Laura Heyrman has a 2 or even 3 year contract anyway...

I would recommend Robin to leave Germany. She needs a stronger league to improve her skills, especially in block. If she stays in Dresden, she will not improve anymore.

• I'd like to know your opinion about Louisa Lippmann, I liked her a lot in the match last week and today she got to play even more. Last week I watched her for the 1st time and I had the impression that she is kind of copying Cutura's technique in attack...

Probably I´m going to interview her next saturday, so if there are any questions you´d like me to ask her, just fire away... :win: