Italy - Serie A 2012-2013

• I am really having fun reading your comments, guys :) Where were you four days ago when all of these players you are mocking now were weeping then the floor with Piacenza? Trento had an awful game, but does this make them an awful team? Hate them, no problem, but please, try to stay moderate :)

• I am really having fun reading your comments, guys :) Where were you four days ago when all of these players you are mocking now were weeping then the floor with Piacenza? Trento had an awful game, but does this make them an awful team? Hate them, no problem, but please, try to stay moderate :)

Thank you! One off game and suddenly Trentino is the worst.
    It's better to save the title for the next game in PalaTrento anyway. :)

• Congratulations to Trentino. You are wild - card team :wavy:

Trento are defending champion, they should be present in the tournament in order to be challenged for the crown. FIVB decisions are meaningless, because the federation turned into dark empire

• Yes Trentino had off game, but let's be honest - Picenza's off game in Wednesday was far worse than this. So given the fact that the next game is in Trento's hall I actually think that Trentino has slight advantage.

Zlatanov had awesome game and Piacenza's serving was working. We will see whether they could continue serving like this in the fifth game.

• congratulations to Piacenza! really good and determinate game...just one thing anyway...

don't you think that Trento just gave up playing right from the beginning, it seems so strange to me that 4 days ago they played so well and today they couldn't even pass the ball on the other side of the net! Piacenza had great merits of course because they had to win to reach the last game, but Trento didn't fight at all..they didn't even try to do something! I don't know, but I think they've done it a bit on purpose in order to play the last game at home, win it and celebrate the League in their hall with all the fans...and of course make them ay another ticket, maybe it is also an economic reason...the club would earn a lot!

• (Hi, I haven't written here for a year or so :wavy: )

congratulations to Piacenza! really good and determinate game...just one thing anyway...

don't you think that Trento just gave up playing right from the beginning, it seems so strange to me that 4 days ago they played so well and today they couldn't even pass the ball on the other side of the net! Piacenza had great merits of course because they had to win to reach the last game, but Trento didn't fight at all..they didn't even try to do something! I don't know, but I think they've done it a bit on purpose in order to play the last game at home, win it and celebrate the League in their hall with all the fans...and of course make them ay another ticket, maybe it is also an economic reason...the club would earn a lot!

I had the same feeling, especially now that italian volleyball is going through such an hard period, economically speaking, and lots of team are disappearing :(
    although now that Rapha is injuried I'm not sure they're going to win so easily...

• elise, could you find the match, we will figure it out how to upload it, because trackers are empty?

• After Rapha injury, Piacenza could win if they kept serving how they are doing at home. Service is determinig victory in this final IMO. Both teams are strong in attack but some weak in reception. With good serves their reception is easily broken, attack is stopped and the opponent block can make its job. Trento served better 1st and 3rd matches and Piacenza 2nd and 4th. I know it's a simple analysis but IMO results are being determined for who is doing the simple better.

• After Rapha injury, Piacenza could win if they kept serving how they are doing at home. Service is determinig victory in this final IMO. Both teams are strong in attack but some weak in reception. With good serves their reception is easily broken, attack is stopped and the opponent block can make i
    ts job. Trento served better 1st and 3rd matches and Piacenza 2nd and 4th. I know it's a simple analysis but IMO results are being determined for who is doing the simple better.

Serves of Holt, Simon, Kaziyski, Juantorena, Juric and Stokr can break any reception

• No Stokr. He does not have strong and precise service. He only hit ball strong and pleases luck to skip the net

Not as strong as the others, but hard to receive

• Yes when he hit the court, which means average server

Holt really impressed me.

I create some stats to compare Juantorena, Kaziyski, Stokr, Holt and Simon serves in the finals.

Serve efficiency (hit/serves)
    Juantorena: 64/68, 94,12% :obey:
    Kaziyski: 41/47, 87,23%
    Stokr: 45/55, 81,82%
    Holt: 40/59, 67,80%
    Simon: 32/48, 66,67%

Most number of serves (I guess it can give us some idea how much a server is broken the opponent reception even when he doesn't achieve an ace)
    Juantorena: 68 :super:
    Holt: 59
    Stokr: 55
    Simon: 48
    Kaziyski: 47

Aces
    Holt: 11 :thumbup:
    Juantorena: 10
    Simon: 6
    Kaziyski: 5
    Stokr: 5

Errors