2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• That is impressive information! So its like her first real experience as OH! And she already like that? amazing!

Well, I don't know exactly how much time she spent in the 2013 into the USA training camp, but on University profile it says she spent 2012 playing beach volley after for years as MB in the indoor team.

Kim Hill - Pepperdine University

• Interesting observations on Karch Kiraly.

I remember similar criticisms of Hugh McCutcheon in his first Grand Prix. During that first year, a lot of USA fans were left wanting when all they would hear from McCutcheon in timeouts were short motivational phrases. And throughout his tenure, McCutcheon was famous for those catch phrases. It was not unusal during timeouts that all he would say was: "Deep breath. Side out. Here we go."

Early in this USA-BRA match there were specific technical and tactical information given in the timeouts. Less as the match went on and even fewer towards the end. I know one objective of the USA NT coaches is to "release control of the match" to the players, and have the players figure out how to play through tough situations than spoon feeding everything.

I think in this match, a little bit more tactical coaching could have pushed the match to 5. But on the other hand, it was also an opportunity to gauge where the mental resiliency of the team was.

Not saying whether it's a coaching style that I agree or disagree with. At this point, I am just trying to observe more and better understand it.

• That was a bad decision, yes Chaplina touched the net after her spike but not on the top and it didn't interfere with the play, so it shouldn't have been a mistake.

It's good to watch Kosheleva again even though she's far from her best, she is such an aggressive player but unlike a certain teammate of hers she uses the aggression for her game and not for other things :whistle:

• I absolutely agree with you!

• Efimienko has become a good attacker!

Agree last years she didn't spike so hard. Poland is playing really well now :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kaczor what are you doing :mad:

• And they lost whole advantage :what: with these opposites we are no chance :down:

• Great observation. And I totally agree with that.

• both Kaczor and Konieczna suck :down: why not putting Kasia as OPP and either Sieczka or Polak as OH? Makowski is really dumb it seems...

• both Kaczor and Konieczna suck :down: why not putting Kasia as OPP and either Sieczka or Polak as OH? Makowski is really dumb it seems...

He's so stubborn :whistle: and he didn't try Polak for longer time :whistle:

• From 19-14 to 21-25 :mad: after few mistakes they spoilt everything :down:

• Shlyakhovaya (is there no short version of that name???) is one of those servers who doesn't get aces but her serves always put pressure on the opponents, I noticed that in the previous matches too. It was the key for Russia to come back in this set...

• Agree with you guys. Lets give time to Kiraly first! Its his first year, they have new players in this WGP, players that are still very "fresh" lets put like that in some situations that the game puts you through..Its is not like you can expect them playing their best already. Plus Brazil managed to use their experience to return in the game.

I remember an interview Kiraly did during the USA volleyball Cup earlier this year he said he believes hard moments, and difficult times are the things that build a team strengh...so I think he is definetly working a lot in the mental aspect and everything first. Tatical aspect, even tecnical they will grow that slowly as they play together more offen.

• After Kaczor's silly mistakes, Poland had lost rhythm and couldn't manage to win the set... :down:

I can't understand Makowski...If you're afraid of using new players why did you take them to Brazil? Kaczor and Konieczna don't even have level to play on NT...

• For me, Japan's Libero is now the better at the position. He defense is just amazing! She knows where the ball will come and if dont she digs like no one!
    Im really surprised in Japan's block :white: