2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Again the Bahar trash talk.. she is not a bad MB.. she did disappoint me today too. I believe in her and I hope she'll get better.. And please stop just stop saying Eda is the best turkish MB.. Can you please tell me how is she?! By running slides every single point not blocking not hitting simple middle attack?! And she was good yes, I said this and I'm gonna say it again - she hasn't done anything for Turkey since maybe ECH... Yes he was injured, she is injured but still there were times she played and her connection with Naz was a disaster, she was either late or early and stuff like that.. And her blocking can't talk about that! Even the few block she has are blocks of Naz or somebody else who the FIVB believe are hers because the setter should be a better blocker than the MB..
    Yes the MB are the biggest problem for turkey, Bahar is underperforming I agree on that, but she is not a bad MB.. even the best MB in turkish league.. if I'm wrong correct me :D

Let's make things clear! Bahar is a really nice person as far as I observed from Vakıfbank and NT matches alive and she id doing her best. However, this is her best! She has very very limited potential. She has very good blocking technique, I mean when she catch the ball she manages to make it block points. Yet, she desperately lacks of block anticipation which is very crucial for a MB. And this talent is something that you have it or not :roll: Thus, I totally believe that if Turkey was not soo unlucky about MB position, Bahar would not play in starting six of any other top teams in this GP (Can you name one?) To my criteria, Bahar is a bad MB to play in at high level NT. She seemed OK in Vakıfbank because she was blocking with great players like Brakoçeviç and Glinka, also with great coach as Guidetti. On the other hand, Eda is a true talent, she has been amazing MB since she was 17. I am not saying she is a superb blocker but a very complete player (she has played as OH and Opp before just like Berenika or Skowronska) In Turkey case, since all of our MBs suck at blocking, Eda's contribution at attacking makes her indispensable. I accept that she has not been performing well last two years, but she had always severe or mild injuries, even in OG. :whistle:

• Let's make things clear! Bahar is a really nice person as far as I observed from Vakıfbank and NT matches alive and she id doing her best. However, this is her best! She has very very limited potential. She has very good blocking technique, I mean when she catch the ball she manages to make it block points. Yet, she desperately lacks of block anticipation which is very crucial for a MB. And this talent is something that you have it or not :roll: Thus, I totally believe that if Turkey was not soo unlucky about MB position, Bahar would not play in starting six of any other top teams in this GP (Can you name one?) To my criteria, Bahar is a bad MB to play in at high level NT. She seemed OK in Vakıfbank because she was blocking with great players like Brakoçeviç and Glinka, also with great coach as Guidetti. On the other hand, Eda is a true talent, she has been amazing MB since she was 17. I am not saying she is a superb blocker but a very complete player (she has played as OH and Opp before just like Berenika or Skowronska) In Turkey case, since all of our MBs suck at blocking, Eda's contribution at attacking makes her indispensable. I accept that she has not been performing well last two years, but she had always severe or mild injuries, even in OG. :whistle:

I agree about Eda.. but I don't think in fact I know this is not Bahar's best! I can't rememer exactly because I am not such a huge fan of Turkey to watch all their past matches but a match I remember she was superb is the match against Russia in Olympic Games Qualification Tournament in Ankara.. she served many aces blocked and made points.. However I agree about her certain level.. I don't dislike Eda, don't get me wrong I like her a lot.. but I am irritated when people make her a world class MB and say she is the best and Bahar and all the others Turkish MB suck.. I am not denying her skills for a slide attacks and other (like you mentioned played OH and OPP) but when talking about a complete MB she is not.. so Turkey is still searching till then better keep Bahar in the starting 6 or they'll block with Naz, Neslihan and Gozde alone

• Kwiek used interesting substitution with Binet in backrow. She didn't substitute nominal OH (De La Cruz/Rivera) but Arias on serve. After Binet's serve when Puerto Rico got point, Castillo came back but replaced Rivera in backrow. Two rotations later Rivera came back in front row and De La Cruz went on serve and Binet stayed (Rivera changed Castillo). After PUR got score after De La Cruz serve, Castillo changed De La Cruz. In next rotation Arias went back. What do you think about such a solution, is it better than classic change for back row? For me it worked well, especially because both Rivera and De La Cruz could serve and Binet was in 3 positions in backrow(5 an 6 for Rivera and 1 for De La Cruz and Arias). Arias didn't serve but it was better, because she had sometimes stupid mistakes there.

Candida rocked on the block, especially in last set. She had 6 kill blocks :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kwiek used interesting substitution with Binet in backrow. She didn't substitute nominal OH (De La Cruz/Rivera) but Arias on serve. After Binet's serve when Puerto Rico got point, Castillo came back but replaced Rivera in backrow. Two rotations later Rivera came back in front row and De La Cruz went on serve and Binet stayed (Rivera changed Castillo). After PUR got score after De La Cruz serve, Castillo changed De La Cruz. In next rotation Arias went back. What do you think about such a solution, is it better than classic change for back row? For me it worked well, especially because both Rivera and De La Cruz could serve and Binet was in 3 positions in backrow(5 an 6 for Rivera and 1 for De La Cruz and Arias). Arias didn't serve but it was better, because she had sometimes stupid mistakes there.

Candida rocked on the block, especially in last set. She had 6 kill blocks :thumbsup:

So happy bout her.. Arias is a great young strong MB.. I hope she can play in Europe soon.. she'll develop and be even stronger

• bahar is a good blocker is that a joke? 8|

• maybe you know something i don't, but i have watched many brazil matches and i have not seen any bad behavior or nasty shameless screaming or bullying of opponents. i have heard thaisa cursing -- and she does have a very dirty mouth, she curses like a sailor, but she always faces her teammates when doing that, i have never seen her shout across the net against the opponents. yes, i don't like her cursing, but she was not doing what goncharova was doing today or what the cubans were famous for doing.

the one person i can't stand is zé roberto, he's shameless and nasty in his constant complaining and whining and cursing the referees. but i have not yet seen the players being nasty.

as for the brazil MBs, i admire adenizia and juciely a lot, they are both very athletic and in almost any other team in the world, they might be starters, but since brazil is so rich in players and with fabi and thaisa, it's a pity these two might not have a chance to play/start in the olympics. i mean, can you even compare guiggi or borodakova against ju and ade??? against italy, japan, turkey and rep. dom. in montreux and alassio, they were swinging and killing at will and putting a blocking clinic. of course, they won't play as well every time and against better teams like the US, they'll have more problems. but i think they are both very solid and strong players, considering that they are just 185 cm and 183 cm tall.

• Some off-court notes to matches in Campinas yesterday (BRA-RUS, USA-POL):

-Sheilla is sick, a cold, she seemed uncomfortable;
    -Zaryazhko is very cute, when Russia team came to court, she say 'hi' to crowd before warm-up and after game she and Matienko stayed taking photos with the fans;
    -The bench players from USA are much funny, they entertain the supporters near the court with theirs coreographies after every point of the team. Lichtman (the lider) and Hood are the more cheerful.

• just started watching the cuba-china match. gosh, the cubans are pathetic, specially without cleger, tehy are falling apart.

ok, why does yohana's shirt now says PALACIOS when before it was always PALACIO?

zhu ting has the funniest arm swing ever. how tall is this girl?

good to see wang yimei back in action.

yaaaay, my favorite chinese player is back, zhang lei!!!!!!!!

• 1st set CHI 26 -24 NL

OMG, what did Femke eat this morning ??? She served 5 or 6 aces ?? :super: :super:

• Ah holland i cant watch it but it seems they fought really hard but lose the set.

Yes, Dutch team is playing really well so far :drink:

• WOW, what a rally :drink: :drink: :drink:

Kirsten is playing really well :super: :super:

• :heart: Femke :heart: It's a pleasure to see you on court, after several years without a setter :super: :super:

EDIT: 2nd set CHI 19-25 NL :super: :super: :super:

• Quinta should hit more ...tipping is not effective against China..

• And they should find one more oh who can make score,i really cant stand ohs like grouthes or beier :whistle:

There is Sloetjes. She will hopefully be ready for ECH. She has just recovered from shouder-injury :win: