2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Its so hilarious and pathetic saying that Serbia keeping the main players is correct because of ECH
    Obviously only Russia and Italy can make trouble to Serbia and other teams no chance
    So Serbia is right coz it is European team and China is wrong coz it is Asain team??

1) ECh starts a week earlier.
    2) Serbian players have travelled literally all across the world over the last month unlike the Chinese players who stayed at home the whole time before moving to Japan.
    3) China can face stronger opposition at the Asian championship only in the later stages while Serbia is drawn into a strong group with Poland, Bulgaria and Czech Republic and need to be on top of their game right from the start.
    4) Serbia had very little chance of winning the gold medal after losing to China, while China was still in contention and had a realistic chance of winning.

So, it's not the same situation.

• "I don't know why they avoid to play with the starting six against us. We're never holding back. Maybe that's the reason we're twice OG champions, and they aren't".

Sheilla just said that for the Brazilian reporter in Sapporo. :drink:

:lol: if u want named yourself the queenof twiceolympicchampion please back home check the thing u said and add ur poor knowledge,twice Olympicchampion volley player?much more than yours in china, and without beaten by secondrate team :aww: :down:

• any link please? :(

for me the MVP should be given to Garay... or perhaps to Thaisa... :drink:

• Very well said! Anyway Sheila's only played two full matches the whole grand Prix, so she might not appreciate the effort other players have had to make though out the competition. Anyway, like Roberto said, WGP is very important ot Brazil, so their approach may not match the approach of other teams, purely because of different circumstances.

• According to stats:
    Best Scorer: Valentina Diouf
    Best Spiker: Ting Zhu
    Best Blocker: Thaisa Menezes
    Best Server: Thaisa Menezes/Haruka Miyashita
    Best Digger: Fabi
    Best Receiver: Risa Shinnabe
    Best Setter: Alsiha Glass

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• i from brazil i choose thaisa and if from china i choose zhu :super: yah it' different prioritites but still in asian championships the only real threat is japan for south korea if kim does not play then they are easily deposed by china and as for thailand we saw how they were destroyed, 3 easy matches against iran, india and philippines then 1 hard match against one of the top 4 asian teams i dont see how playing 1 extra game in the wgp jeopardize china's chances of winning the championship :whistle:

• What about second MB, OHs, S?

• i from brazil i choose thaisa and if from china i choose zhu :super: yah it' different prioritites but still in asian championships the only real threat is japan for south korea if kim does not play then they are easily deposed by china and as for thailand we saw how they were destroyed, 3 easy matches against iran, india and philippines then 1 hard match against one of the top 4 asian teams i dont see how playing 1 extra game in the wgp jeopardize china's chances of winning the championship :whistle:

pure bs imo it is either tactic or main players were tired other than that poor excuses

• i agree with the choices and well for garay she also deserves to be part of the top oh but mihajlovic also played well so it's a toss up between them

• They have best OH best OPP awards?

Yes, it's new system of awarding, the same was in World League ^^

• pure bs imo it is either tactic or main players were tired other than that poor excuses

whose excuses are we talking about here?

• i agree with the choices and well for garay she also deserves to be part of the top oh but mihajlovic also played well so it's a toss up between them

Mihaijlovic is pure attacker Garay did everything from reception to digging etc also i would award her with mvp award Brazil owned her too much for this finals but weirdly players who joined half way got awards really weird. They probably look at final 'stats' only this is so wrong imo