World League 2013

• The problem of Poland is not tactics or quality, it is mental. They play great when not under pressure.

If we're talking mentality, the problem is much more complex than just being able to play under/with no pressure. Around the same time last year we could've easily defeated anyone, regardless of the circumstances. But London has shattered our confidence in probably the most painful way possible. It's like two years of experience going down the drain. We need to rebuild somehow and we'd better do it fast. At least the boys are fighting.

Kurek can be out of this world sometimes. I can't believe the potential this guy has.

• Bulgaria has almost 60% in attack with 24% reception! We had almost no jump serve, only Valentin Bratoev served consistently and we still won! :obey:

• WOW!It was the most dramatic meaningless game ive ever seen :lol:

• Bulgaria has almost 60% in attack with 24% reception! We had almost no jump serve, only Valentin Bratoev served consistently and we still won! :obey:

Outrageous, isn't it? I only sorry for Bella and Ojla. :S

• Gosh. I was so depressed yesterday. It's not because we won't go to Argentina - deep down I knew we won't - it's the way we lost this match. There is no such a measure with which can be measured that pain. Boys looked just... eh, I really couldn't stand it.

Today - a hope. To say goodbye in a good way. I felt really heartened seeing guys smiling, supporting each other. Kypek was so amazing with these aces in the end. We almost got it. We needed this little miracle. But this weekend in Bulgaria it's just like everything - heaven, earth and the universe were against us... Miracle didn't happen.

We looked so poor physically from the beginning to the very end. Nothing changed during the tournament. Very often I felt like I was watching guys in slow motion. Donnu if physical preparation coach won't pay for that...

Not our WL as some of you said. Your turn, Bŭlgari! All my heart with you. And I swear, if you don't win, I'll kick your ass ;)

• Sokolov may think he's a God of the game or another hero, but it doesn't change the fact he can't behave normally during the match. If he wants to celebrate successful action he should do it with his team, not by looking at the opponent and provoking him with this disrespectful smile. Aleksiev shows a great game and respect for the rival at the same time - just watch and learn. Anyway, congratulations to Bulgaria for this come back, with huge help of Poles, who probably have never annoyed me so much as today. I'm not saying about idiotical behavior of Anastasi, who's hiding behind the paper, because he's ashamed.

Oh and of course, Brazil. I've never seen them in such a crazy performance as today. Many weird actions, choices, sometimes their game looked like a shit. I can't forget about Rezende. He says before a match, that he wants to try all players from the bench. And what? Instead of Thiago and Lipe, who are probably able to influence on the game positively I see Mauricio. I remember even his one and the only one good action, after which his teammates started to clap being impressed :D I wonder if he's going to play tomorrow again and present such a hopeless game once again.

• WOW!It was the most dramatic meaningless game ive ever seen :lol:

Not so meaningless. Our guys played for honor and for 3 points giving them 3rd place in group (since it's important for the FiVB ranking). And I'm sure Bulgarians played for their fans plus they're still hungry for victories, it's visible.

Outrageous, isn't it? I only sorry for Bella and Ojla. :S

Thanks, my dear. We'll be ok. The world is not ending, right? All we have to do is get back ourself for ECh. Still reason to live and have hope ;)

• Poland played much better than yesterday, so it wasn't their help the reason for the victory.

• I am so happy that our team made it to the finals!!! Congratulations to all of our players, coach, assistants and supporters! Great win tonight, huge comeback even though it was clear earlier in the afternoon that we are going to Argentina. A win for the fans. :) Congratulations to Poland in making this game a beautiful one to watch.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• And I swear, if you don't win, I'll kick your ass ;)

I think if the guys see this they'll be highly motivated for the finals. :D

Thanks, my dear. We'll be ok. The world is not ending, right? All we have to do is get back ourself for ECh. Still reason to live and have hope ;)

I knew it you were a strong girl, skrita limonke. 8) How do you say 'my dear' in Polish? :)

Anyway, great win and turn around. I like how Samunev fitted. Now time to focus on the finals cuz they are a different cup of tea. Argentina at home would be very dangerous. :whistle:

• Well, we had no reception, no serve and we still won. We didn't use our MB's in attack very well, and almost no back row attacks. And we almost lost a won tiebreak, only we can do that :). But sill, Brazill-USA game was uglier, I don't believe any player had over 40% attack there. I just wish Sokolov starts getting at least over 50% of his serves over the net :).

• It's "moja droga" to a girl ("mój drogi" to a boy) ;)

With such chemistry, hunger, fighting spirit, all the players having their moments and bulding together the result from point to point + captain in top form leading the team straight to victory - nothing can stop you. I truly believe. Guys look just sensational together. Tsetso is a beast. Toshko looks more self-confident than ever before. So many bad words I read about Georgi but I actually think he's doing good job so far. Valio had amazing performance against us too. Skrimov should be back with his little help. You have all the advantages on your side.
    What a pity you won't play with Russia in the group - I would like to see Spiridonov against all of your guys. It would be hilarious :rolll: And he would look like a frightened little snot in the end after this very close meeting :gone:

• Outrageous, isn't it? I only sorry for Bella and Ojla. :S

No worries, friend, everything's good :drink: I, as the craziest Bulgarian suppoter, am almost always happy seeing Bulgaria winning :flower: So yeah, basically we screwed yet another match, but for some reason it hasn't really affected me in any way. I guess, deep down I knew, we'll screw it anyway, doesn't matter if we're on the lead, or not.

Congratulations to all my Bulgarian friends! :drink: Enjoy! You guys deserved to win & go to Argentina for F6, :drink: Good luck! As always, you have my greatest support :)

• Okay, okay. I know it perfectly now: Skrimov sucks!

Noo, just something is wrong with him lately. He is a great player and I like him a lot, but something is definitely not right at the moment. The last game was great and I liked that both teams played even there was no reason to play at full speed. I was thinking of Penchev-Bratoev as starting OH, but I'm not a world class coach, so what do I know :).

• I was considering the reasons for Poland's failure this year. At first I thought it was some player(s)' fault but later I figured out actually it was the head coach's problem. Anastasi is too passive in the match. It's like he was not actively thinking how to enhance the game but waiting for the disadvantageous situation, and then struggling to find solutions. I believe that's why Poland's games are not stunning at all this year because we can only expect one or two players suddenly rock the world, but there's no sign that the team are advancing.

I still dislike Zygadlo very very much. I watched Universiade matches and found even Lomacz looked better than him. I don't know what happened to him in the past season but if he keeps acting like this, I would say he doesn't deserve his spot.

• Sokolov has shown another game with very strong spiking and blocking performance today. However, he's still making a lot of errors, not just in serves (8 today!), but also in attacks (9). It's very noticeable that he's easily out of bound when spiking cross-court from the back row, no matter if he has a low day or not. Since he consistently repeats the same errors, I'm wondering how much skill development / rectification is involved in his training program. Other than tactical and weight training, it would be great if the team could focus more at enhancing his ball control. This would improve his consistency needed to make him a real top world-class player.

The issue of lack of training also happens to G. Bratoev. After taking over Zhekov and starting in the Olympics, he's been staying at the same level. He's making a lot of casual mistakes, notably setting too close to the net esp. in his running sets, and terrible underhand sets. When the team is in good shape, strong hitters like Sokolov or Alexiev could still hammer the balls even in difficult situations. But to contribute positively to the team so as to be considered a serious contender for championship, Georgi should develop better ball control to serve as the basis for a consistent play.

One positive sign to note is that Alexiev has improved a lot in attacking from pos. 2. This really helps the team a lot in overcoming the rotation when Sokolov attacks from pos. 4.

• Noo, just something is wrong with him lately. He is a great player and I like him a lot, but something is definitely not right at the moment. The last game was great and I liked that both teams played even there was no reason to play at full speed. I was thinking of Penchev-Bratoev as starting OH, but I'm not a world class coach, so what do I know :).

Yeah, he was my faith, but I don't wanna risk my enthusiasm any more. Sometimes low expectation turns out satisfying somehow. I'd prefer to believe he is not qualified to play the line-up OH in the NT though Bulgaria did get qualified to the finals.

Thanks for your words anyway.