World League 2013

• Fonteles could be a real good diagonal as his problem is reception. He is great in offence and especially Service. Imo weird that Rexende changed him when he should serve even if Bruno took two points - the first really with referee's help

• Josh Howatson looks like a second Zygadlo.

Can't believe Canada lost the second set in that way, by two stupid mistakes from setter.
    I feel really sorry that Canada have to go home early. They actually have done great.

• And everything comes back to reality, Brazil won 3-0 (25-18 30-28 25-20)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Josh Howatson looks like a second Zygadlo.

Can't believe Canada lost the second set in that way, by two stupid mistakes from setter.
    I feel really sorry that Canada have to go home early. They actually have done great.

Let's face it - it's actually much more than what they hoped for. First time WL Finals, group stage summary means beating Russia and still having some chances against Brazil in the second set. I don't think Hoag had a more optimistic plan at the beginning of the season. What more they could've asked for is Schmitt's injury, maybe with him full time on court in Argentina they might've been a little more impressive, but I doubt they are disappointed right now.

• Proud of my Canadian team, but still very disappointed. I thought they didn't play their best game yesterday, despite beating Russia, and they played even worse today. It was a cruel fate that they ended up in the same pool as the two juggernauts - I think they would've had a good chance at coming out of the other pool if they had switched places with Argentina.

To you non-Canadians: Based on what you saw of us, how do you like our chances of qualifying for Rio 2016?

• To you non-Canadians: Based on what you saw of us, how do you like our chances of qualifying for Rio 2016?

Three years from now is difficult to predict, but if qualification were today I would say Canada is favorite given the current level of USA/Cuba.

• Three years from now is difficult to predict, but if qualification were today I would say Canada is favorite given the current level of USA/Cuba.

No middle-blockers in Canada so there is huge hole - Duff is afraid of life, Simac out of shape and moreover setters do not play with them...

• People, I can not wait to see De Cecco destroying TRAVICA on the net :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope the same. Indeed, I like Italian team, however, I dislike a lot Travica personality and the fact Berruto never changes him.
    I hope De Cecco will show all his skills, despite of the rocks he recieves of the argentinian passing.
    Let´s see if Quiroga shows the same rhythm than yesterday.

• Well, JUST AS I PREDICTED, this is a disaster.

I can't stand Pereyra, I really can't. I think he pays Weber to play, there's no other reason he is starter.

• Proud of my Canadian team, but still very disappointed. I thought they didn't play their best game yesterday, despite beating Russia, and they played even worse today. It was a cruel fate that they ended up in the same pool as the two juggernauts - I think they would've had a good chance at coming out of the other pool if they had switched places with Argentina.

To you non-Canadians: Based on what you saw of us, how do you like our chances of qualifying for Rio 2016?

Three years is a lot of time indeed, much can happen. The young Cubans might develop better skills until then and with the USA you never know. I think Speraw has a lot of "holes" in the roster, but he'd also have more than enough time to fix them. If Canada uses time well in the WL in the next 2 years, and keeps Hoag, of course, then we can talk :) Chances they have for sure, though.

BTW, I wouldn't be that sure about Canada getting better odds in the other pool, but you never know ;) Both Bulgaria and Argentina have ups and downs, no question about that.

No middle-blockers in Canada so there is huge hole - Duff is afraid of life, Simac out of shape and moreover setters do not play with them...

True, neither Howatson, nor Schneider plays regularly with them, Howatson today showed some "Bulgarian" setting - only to the sides of the net. However, they have decent MBs, Hoag can help them adapt, this is not such a major problem. The major problem is that Dan Lewis is 37 now, would be 40 by the time the Rio Games come. This, in my opinion, would be Canada's greatest challenge.

• There isnt any oyher option instead of Castellani? I never liked him.
    Quiroga is doing a good job, but without another OH and OPP, we cant do so many things.

• Pereyra is by far the worst player of the tournament. Argentina's only chance is winning 3-1, right?

What did Weber think converting him from OPP to OH?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Where does the general technical hatred to Travica come from? OK, I don't like him as a person, he doesn't get subbed much, which can be irritating at times, but, technically speaking, you guys can't deny he is an above average setter. I watched him live in Unterhaching during the CL game against Macerata this season, he was great. He does make mistakes, but who doesn't. Plays well with the MBs, knows half of the Italian NT due to the Macerata partnership, good block and serve... I don't see a reason why Berruto should choose someone else. From time to time definitely, but I would make him a starter just as well. He doesn't have much experience in international semifinals and/or finals, for example, his main disadvantage, but he hasn't played in many, so he can still learn.

I don't like him as well, not my favourite setter, but his arrogance is no reason to belittle his qualities. I think he fits this Italian NT perfectly.