Montreux Volley Masters 2013

• Not sure if this is the MVM roster...I think it's the overall roster for the summer, but someone from China wrote above that in Montreux they'll play with Junior NT because Lang Ping has different plans with the main team.

That's true!The Junior NT will attend Swiss. But there are some teammates both in the NT team and Junior NT. Like Zhu Ting and Wang Ning. I will pay special attention to Zhu Ting. she has great potential.Although born in 1994 or 1995, I am not clear,she is 1.95 meters tall now and is the tallest spiker in China's women volleyball history. Her attack is quite efficient among junior teams. I wonder her performance when she fights against the national teams。

• Dominican Republic added 4 new players to its roster

-Jeoselyna Rodriguez
    -Yonkaira Peña
    -Ana Binet
    -Marianne Fersola

The rest of the roster

-Prisilla Rivera
    -Annerys Vargas
    -Bethania De La Cruz
    -Brenda Castillo
    -Candida Arias
    -Gina Mambru
    -Niverka Martes
    -Karla Echenique

• I thought Annerys Vargas had retired, It's nice to see her on the roster again anyway.

Did Ana Yokira become a mother?

• Dominican Republic NT for Montreux:

S: Niverka Marte, Karla Echenique
    OH: Bethania de la Cruz, Priscilla Rivera, Ana Binet, Yonkaira Pena
    MB: Annerys Vargas, Candida Arias, Marianne Fersola
    OPP: Altagracia Gina Mambru, Jeoselyna Rodriguez
    L: Brenda Castillo

I wrote it few days ago...

• Updated roster for Germany:

S: Denise Hanke (Schweriner SC), Lena Möllers (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg)
    MB: Berit Kauffeldt (Giaveno/ITA), Nadja Schaus (Marsala/ITA), Anja Brandt (Schweriner SC), Melanie Keil (VC Olympia Berlin)
    OH: Anne Matthes (Dresdner SC), Jana-Franziska Poll (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg), Svenja Engelhardt (Allianz MTV Stuttgart), Rebecca Schäperklaus (VC Wiesbaden), Jennifer Geerties (VC Olympia Berlin)
    Opp: Louisa Lippmann (USC Münster), Saskia Hippe (Prostejov/CZE)
    Libero: Lenka Dürr (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg)

Nadja Schaus and Jennifer Geerties were added to the roster and 12 out of these 14 will play in Montreux. The team will only practise for 2 days before the tournament :white:

• Has Matthes fully recovered? I think this tournement is doomed to be an interesting test for Denise :super:

• Has Matthes fully recovered? I think this tournement is doomed to be an interesting test for Denise :super:

Matthes played the whole playoffs for Dresden and looked OK, I suppose she has fully recovered.

Denise is really the last of those players who needs to prove herself in Montreux :D I could even imagine that Möllers will play there as main setter, Guidetti uses this tournament to see how the new players perform on international level. My guess is that Hanke, Matthes and Dürr are in the roster to provide some stability to the rest of the team.

• Matthes played the whole playoffs for Dresden and looked OK, I suppose she has fully recovered.

Denise is really the last of those players who needs to prove herself in Montreux :D I could even imagine that Möllers will play there as main setter, Guidetti uses this tournament to see how the new players perform on international level. My guess is that Hanke, Matthes and Dürr are in the roster to provide some stability to the rest of the team.

Agree. I wouldn't say Hanke is the best setter worldwide right now, but I can say she's the most creative setter who can play a fun volleyball :thumbsup: The matter of "test" I was talking about is to see if she's really ready for a tough season this year. Lena seems have improved a lot...a few years ago I thought she would stay as a tall setter but she made it to Italy and could be better year by year.
    Weiss's space is getting smaller and smaller actually...I don't know if I have to be happy about this but it's always been my pleasure watching Denise Hanke :cheesy:

• Its a female version of Deniss lr Denis. Well used also in Sweden and Norway.

• Some of those players are junior world champion?

• i thought in germany unlike english, every letter in a word is pronounced,seems not...Denise

Yes, but as it a French name, it is often pronounced as in French/English.

In Schwerin it is pronounced "Deniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise Hankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :P

• Yes, Lenka Dürr, Lena Möllers, Anja Brandt, Berit Kauffeldt.

Hippe wasn't in that roster ?(

• Yes, but as it a French name, it is often pronounced as in French/English.

In Schwerin it is pronounced "Deniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise Hankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :P

:D